Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Compliance

Exploit?

Recommended Posts

Hello bros,

I need to know what constitutes an exploit.  Im confident using a pet to pull a mob through a door or wall is considered an exploit.

 

However I want to know if bypassing sections of a dungeon via invisibilty potions and slow fall would be considered exploiting as its bypassing content. However in this instance you are using game mechanics instead of a "bug."

If this is covered somewhere I would be thankful for the redirection or if any mods can confirm for me here.

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Compliance said:

However I want to know if bypassing sections of a dungeon via invisibilty potions and slow fall would be considered exploiting as its bypassing content. However in this instance you are using game mechanics instead of a "bug."

This is not an exploit.
This is a clever use of available game mechanics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Using a pet to pull any NPC through walls, doors, gates or anything else is considered an exploit and actively punished when confirmed.

Using an invisibility potion, slow fall or anything else ingame to skip certain dungeon parts, is completly fine and allowed.
If you are not sure about specific strategies or our rules about them, feel free to ask anytime in an ingame ticket.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Hkn said:

So 100% of the server should be banned for pulling Magistrate Barthilas ? 

:)

Not allowed and banable, yes.

Also soon fixed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Thari said:

Not allowed and banable, yes.

Also soon fixed.

Every dungeon group does this and has for years. Many just farm that guy without clearing anything else. If you don't like it, then fix it. You should not threaten or piss on your players. It's this kind of stupid shit that just makes more people quit, and Anathema is already struggling to stay above water at this point. This game is full of exploits, and we should not be tasked with keeping a damn list of what's ok or not ok, or asking a GM for permission to do anything. If you don't like it, then fix it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Drain said:

Every dungeon group does this and has for years. Many just farm that guy without clearing anything else. If you don't like it, then fix it. You should not threaten or piss on your players. It's this kind of stupid shit that just makes more people quit, and Anathema is already struggling to stay above water at this point. This game is full of exploits, and we should not be tasked with keeping a damn list of what's ok or not ok, or asking a GM for permission to do anything. If you don't like it, then fix it.

What's kind of "stupid shit" is abusing an obvious bug and saying "it's your fault for not fixing it", sounds a lot like Hillary Clinton book tour and her blaming her election loss on 40+ different reasons when she just needs to look in the mirror. 

You also don't need to keep a list, because a vast majority of these "exploits" don't just accidentally happen, you have to go out of your way to preform them.

Bans are completely acceptable for poor decisions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whether something is a strategy or exploit is entirely subjective. If a player is able to do something in a game, without using any kind of third party program or boxing 2 clients, they naturally assume it's ok. But it might not be. This staff just expects you to know what is, what is not, and reacts with an iron fist to the face if they see you doing something they don't like.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Drain said:

If you don't like it, then fix it.

Good thing the post you literally just replied to said they're fixing it.

Quote

Whether something is a strategy or exploit is entirely subjective. If a player is able to do something in a game, without using any kind of third party program or boxing 2 clients, they naturally assume it's ok. But it might not be. This staff just expects you to know what is, what is not, and reacts with an iron fist to the face if they see you doing something they don't like.

No, I dont naturally assume anything I'm able to do without a third party program or boxing 2 clients is ok. There's a metric fuckton of things that require neither of these things and are VERY obviously not ok. Win trading. Gold buying. To name a few.

The staff expects you to know what is, what is not, because you can literally read their ToU.

There are grayzones, but using hunter pets bugged pathing to pull and farm bosses you're not supposed to be able to pull and farm isn't very gray

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Drain said:

Whether something is a strategy or exploit is entirely subjective. If a player is able to do something in a game, without using any kind of third party program or boxing 2 clients, they naturally assume it's ok. But it might not be. This staff just expects you to know what is, what is not, and reacts with an iron fist to the face if they see you doing something they don't like.

Subjective to someone with a bias I would agree.

Anyone with common sense would realize that a mob that is programmed to run to the end of the instance once you open a gate shouldn't be pulled by a pet.

Anyone with commons ense would realize that mobs linked to the BRD emp shouldn't be split pulled with FD or Vanish.

Exploits are obvious, you only call it a strategy when you're looking for an excuse to justify bad behavior.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TTL said:

Anyone with commons ense would realize that mobs linked to the BRD emp shouldn't be split pulled with FD or Vanish.

Exploits are obvious, you only call it a strategy when you're looking for an excuse to justify bad behavior.

It's quite funny that you are talking about how obvious expoits are, and then call FD/vanish pulls an exploit, when it is not.

See here: https://forum.elysium-project.org/topic/43994-gm-communications/?do=findComment&comment=430162

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

3 hours ago, Oakenlix said:

It's quite funny that you are talking about how obvious expoits are, and then call FD/vanish pulls an exploit, when it is not.

See here: https://forum.elysium-project.org/topic/43994-gm-communications/?do=findComment&comment=430162

 

https://forum.elysium-project.org/topic/45957-pulling-the-emperor-only-in-brd/

Eat crow much? Might want to actually comprehend before you post garbage. The BRD mobs being linked to the emperor is much different than split pulling non-event related mobs, yes this is common sense to people with a decent IQ. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, TTL said:

 

https://forum.elysium-project.org/topic/45957-pulling-the-emperor-only-in-brd/

Eat crow much? Might want to actually comprehend before you post garbage. The BRD mobs being linked to the emperor is much different than split pulling non-event related mobs, yes this is common sense to people with a decent IQ. 

First of all, thanks for the link. Now, I'm not entirely sure what eat crow means, but I'm quite sure that what I posted wasn't garbage, it was a quote from a GM saying FD/vanish tricks are fine, with no mentioning of different ways to use it. Just because some other GMs disagree doesn't mean this statement isn't valid.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Solo pulling Emperor by using vanish/feign death is not allowed, as its considered an exploit.
If you use vanish or feign death for normal packs or mobs, its okay and allowed.

A fix for the emperor issue was also created on Github some time ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Thari said:

Solo pulling Emperor by using vanish/feign death is not allowed, as its considered an exploit.
If you use vanish or feign death for normal packs or mobs, its okay and allowed.

A fix for the emperor issue was also created on Github some time ago.

So the abovementioned post by Pottu is no longer true? Shouldn't it be updated then?

Well, if it's going to be fixed anyway, I guess its not a big deal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Solo pulling Emperor by using vanish/feign death is not allowed, as its considered an exploit.
If you use vanish or feign death for normal packs or mobs, its okay and allowed.

A fix for the emperor issue was also created on Github some time ago.

 

Why even waste effort on this sort of thing? What does it do exactly, cut down the dungeon by about 15 minutes.

Edited by Dudeabides

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Thari said:

Solo pulling Emperor by using vanish/feign death is not allowed, as its considered an exploit.
If you use vanish or feign death for normal packs or mobs, its okay and allowed.

A fix for the emperor issue was also created on Github some time ago.

why is skipping kromcrush with feigndeath any different than skipping emperors room? you can't make up these rules yourself, its either allowed to use feign death to skip parts of a dungeon or it isnt, make up your mind

 

players shouldnt need a 500 page rulebook stating which exact scenario is allowed and isn't just to avoid getting banned

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Dudeabides said:

 

Why even waste effort on this sort of thing? What does it do exactly, cut down the dungeon by about 15 minutes.

It's about setting an example, if you allow this then you might as well allow a hunter to pull the last boss in LBRS and cut 2 hours out of a run.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, yourcontentwillneed said:

why is skipping kromcrush with feigndeath any different than skipping emperors room? you can't make up these rules yourself, its either allowed to use feign death to skip parts of a dungeon or it isnt, make up your mind

 

players shouldnt need a 500 page rulebook stating which exact scenario is allowed and isn't just to avoid getting banned

That's a great point, a lot of people can get really confused about it, and rightfully so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The room of the emperor is supposed to be linked to the boss.
If you engage the boss, all NPCs alive within this room will aid to help, as intended.
Skipping this mechanic by feign death or vanish pulling the emperor is considered exploiting and not allowed.

Using it to skip Kromcrush, who is just a guard in Dire Maul and also linked to the Tribute run, is allowed.
You are not abusing anything or stopping any mechanic by doing it there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Thari said:

The room of the emperor is supposed to be linked to the boss.
If you engage the boss, all NPCs alive within this room will aid to help, as intended.
Skipping this mechanic by feign death or vanish pulling the emperor is considered exploiting and not allowed.

Using it to skip Kromcrush, who is just a guard in Dire Maul and also linked to the Tribute run, is allowed.
You are not abusing anything or stopping any mechanic by doing it there.

And skipping Kromcrush is supposed to be done by camouflaging party members into ogres or something, if I remember correctly.

General Drakkisath in UBRS is presumably not supposed to be kited away and then returned back by FD, while the raid is killing two adds.

And the Emperor's room mobs ARE linked to him, as they're supposed to be. Its just that their aggro can be dropped by those abilities that are also supposed to work like that. 

If you attack a normal outdoor mob that is close to other mobs, they will aggro all at once. With FD pull you're also "bypassing" this mechanic, same as with the Emperor.

You can see now, hopefully, why some of GMs statements on this matter are confusing. The line between an exploit and clever use of game mechanics should be way more clear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Oakenlix said:

And skipping Kromcrush is supposed to be done by camouflaging party members into ogres or something, if I remember correctly.

General Drakkisath in UBRS is presumably not supposed to be kited away and then returned back by FD, while the raid is killing two adds.

And the Emperor's room mobs ARE linked to him, as they're supposed to be. Its just that their aggro can be dropped by those abilities that are also supposed to work like that. 

If you attack a normal outdoor mob that is close to other mobs, they will aggro all at once. With FD pull you're also "bypassing" this mechanic, same as with the Emperor.

You can see now, hopefully, why some of GMs statements on this matter are confusing. The line between an exploit and clever use of game mechanics should be way more clear.

Drakkisath adds are supposed to be part of the fight. Kiting drakki until they're dead is aggroing them and dealing with them. FD splitpulling drakki to reset the adds would be a bug.

Kromkrush is circumventable. You're just fidning another way to circumvent him. Seems ok.

Emperors room is supposed to link to the Emperor. Kiting emperor, killing them all, then having hunter FD to have the emp come back seems to me analogous to the drakkisath strat. FD pulling to split them and leaving the adds alive isn't.

 

Apply common sense

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×