Sign in to follow this  
Jawohl

Naxxramas - World Buffs Y/N ?

Naxxramas - World Buffs  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Naxxramas - World Buffs Y/N

• World Buffs should be available for Naxxramas as originally scheluded ( next maintenance )
    • World Buffs should REMAIN UNAVAILABLE for Naxxramas longer than originally scheluded ( Until Re-Evaluating the situation )

1 minute ago, Jawohl said:

Heyyyy Boiiiiizzz and grills, we did it!

Great decision by the staff! Sappers will be charged for whenever world buffs come back.

i find it funny that most guilds who spend days prepping for world buffs before a raid and all that jazz now finally see the enjoyment of not having to get them and still be competitive.

world buffs has always been a crutch and only existed as a potential "benefit" or reward to players who slay bosses in vanilla. this idea was abused heavily in the early stages of TBC and was quickly removed.. as that is not what raiding should be about. it should be about getting in there and playing. not preparing hours in advance to steroid your characters up just to ignore the mechanics of a boss.

if you want to make the content more challenging, remove the crutches.

2 hours ago, Forest_ said:

Short suggestion that was breifly mentioned among the Scuba player base would be to only enable World Buffs in Naxx during Dark Moon Faire week or something if the server wanted to go the route of disabling them forever, this might give people something to look forward too every month.

This is the best suggestion so far in my opinion.

Speaking for an average raiding guild here. So far we only managed to have 3 full progress raids in naxx and are 10/15, with the most exciting bosses still in front of us. We would like to see this feature for an extended period of time, as it makes the progression way more enjoyable than it was compared to AQ40, were World Buffs were enabled.

I would also recommend to implement this for the first few weeks of progress for when AQ40 is being released on Elysium.

2 minutes ago, Digge said:

I would also recommend to implement this for the first few weeks of progress for when AQ40 is being released on Elysium.

This.

1 hour ago, Digge said:

Lol I can already see and hear their screams of displeasure.  They will be crying for months and months.

1 hour ago, Imbaslap said:

this idea was abused heavily in the early stages of TBC and was quickly removed.. as that is not what raiding should be about.

I agree with this.  With all the people saying "blizzlike", well blizzard removed this after vanilla because of how obscene the buffs were to the raid environment.

The current stacking of buffs was not something that was done regularly in vanilla, it is a private server phenomenon.  While mods have linked videos saying "see this guild used world buffs to get their kill" also did not take into account the lack of proper gearing, consumes and raid specs that were a huge deficit in vanilla that the same guilds were using.  So, in terms of vanilla vs private server, we are already ahead of the curve in knowledge of the fights and proper gearing/consumes which make the fights less difficult as it is.

Naxx is a great raid!  Elysium did a wonderful job on its scripting and the difficulty level is right in line with vanilla.  I think the best part of naxx is the mechanics that are needed to beat bosses.  If people don't do what they need to do they are a detriment to the raid.  Loatheb for example is a fight that without world buffs is a tight fight that takes everyone doing their job.  However, when you include world buffs in this fight, the fight gets completely trivialized to MC level difficulty.

why was naxx re-released with Wotlk?  Because few people were able to complete naxx in vanilla.  Anathema casuals complaining that removing world buffs is not blizzlike completely overlook the fact that casuals completing naxx in vanilla was not blizzlike.

I just ask that Elysium staff choose to keep the integrity of naxx as it is with no world buffs.  Its not an elitist thing, its a we have an awesome raid right now with proper difficulty and guilds actually progressing in this raid instead of stomping it.  As someone who played through retail vanilla, this is the most "vanilla blizzlike" feeling ive had since joining the private server scene.

I also ask why you need world buffs for realmplayers?  Why cant everyone just compare based on no world buffs?  Who can speed run the fastest without the crutch of world buffs?  Using world buffs for this just turns things into a "who can shitstomp things" contest, which is a pretty lame contest.

25 minutes ago, Unbreakable said:

Anathema Other realm casuals complaining that removing world buffs is not blizzlike completely overlook the fact that casuals completing naxx in vanilla was not blizzlike.

Fixed a typo. I haven't read nor heard of a single player in a casual guild in Anathema disagreeing with or even just complaining about not having world buffs.

7 hours ago, Oakenlix said:

If you want to keep it difficult and competitive, just don't use the world buffs.

There's no need to restrict casual players like that.

28 minutes ago, Slicy said:

Fixed a typo. I haven't read nor heard of a single player in a casual guild in Anathema disagreeing with or even just complaining about not having world buffs.

There are comments in other threads on this topic, and this one from the first page of this thread.  Not saying it's all anathema I guess, just the casuals in general, and right now it's only relevant to anathema.

5 minutes ago, Unbreakable said:

There are comments in other threads on this topic, and this one from the first page of this thread.  

He plays on elysium

Some issues with this poll:

-How many of the people that voted on this poll actually have a lvl 60 char on anathema?

-How many of the above actually raid naxxramas at all?

-Number of votes is so low that 5 people can decide the results (multiple accs etc)

If you see this poll as "community opinion" you are SO wrong...

33 minutes ago, Knife said:

Some issues with this poll:

-How many of the people that voted on this poll actually have a lvl 60 char on anathema?

-How many of the above actually raid naxxramas at all?

-Number of votes is so low that 5 people can decide the results (multiple accs etc)

If you see this poll as "community opinion" you are SO wrong...

How many people in this thread support world buffs and how many are against them, the poll results match the ratio of posters in this thread.

if you want world buffs, make an argument to support them, don't try to discredit anything to subversively sway things to what you want.  It's a sleezeball tactic.

44 minutes ago, Unbreakable said:

if you want world buffs, make an argument to support them, don't try to discredit anything to subversively sway things to what you want.  It's a sleezeball tactic.

I really doubt there are any actual arguments to make on this subject. I prefer to raid with world buffs, you don't. What is there more to say?

1 minute ago, Keala said:

I really doubt there are any actual arguments to make on this subject. I prefer to raid with world buffs, you don't. What is there more to say?

Spot on. There's no reason to argue. The devs are appeasing both groups. We will have a few more weeks of non world buffs in naxx then it will be back to normal. 

23 minutes ago, Ickus said:

Spot on. There's no reason to argue. The devs are appeasing both groups. We will have a few more weeks of non world buffs in naxx then it will be back to normal. 

Will it really be back to normal? Or is normal the accepted mass abuse of game mechanics in order to trivialize content?

nevermind, you don't actually care, you just want to grief raids with the buffs.  Good reason to implement the world buffs...

I can personally say that I've been enjoying raiding without world buffs so much.

Not only do you avoid the stress of having to get them, but it reintroduces a sense of danger and excitement to raiding - wiping on Naxx farm right now feels way different than it ever did to wipe with full world buffs in BWL/AQ.

Finally reaching Naxx has been a great experience, so a big props to the Elysium team for that in general.

This is unlikely to ever happen, but I have to say that I would almost prefer for them to be disabled for Naxx permanently.

There have been lots of good conversation going on in this topic.

Why has it always be the same few names though who simply have no better things to do than speak about Non-Related bullshit in these threads and flood it to top each others comment?

Please people, stay on the topic and behave. Thank you.

7 minutes ago, Ickus said:

That seriously triggered you? Wow. I would suggest trying some guild vs guild pvp... it's actually a lot of fun.

I'm not triggered, fake stars, it's that your decision on world buffs hinges on world pvp and not the pve aspect of what the buffs do.  

7 minutes ago, Unbreakable said:

I'm not triggered, fake stars, it's that your decision on world buffs hinges on world pvp and not the pve aspect of what the buffs do.  

Man I was only joking. Let's keep it on topic. also very low with the fake stars lol! 

Have they stated the duration buffs will be disabled?

1 hour ago, Keala said:

but why?  Thats is what i am trying to understand.  Why do people like world buffs and being able to do content they normally wouldn't be able to do?  That is why i called it "accepted mass abuse of game mechanics in order to trivialize content".  

'Oh man, we got to this boss, time to port out and get world buffs to beat this boss.  Oh crap, Ikus and friends wiped us, now we have to go get more buffs or call the raid for the night since we cannot beat this boss without world buffs.'

8 minutes ago, Ickus said:

Man I was only joking. Let's keep it on topic. also very low with the fake stars lol! 

Have they stated the duration buffs will be disabled?

they have not stated how long yet.  I imagine they will start with two more weeks and see where everybody is at then.  

...and sorry for the low blow.  :)

I correlate world buffs to something like the ignite issue where ignite went off the charts and killed bosses in AQ40 much faster than the raid should have been able to do so.  Yes it was a bug, and people got banned for it.  Yet, in this accepted version called world buffs, a whole raid can significantly increase their damage and survivability to levels that could not be achieved with normal gear and consumes (which content is tuned for) thus giving a very significant advantage to defeating the content.  The players already have a huge advantage over retail with proper specs/gearing and consumes, world buffs just take it to another level of stupidly powerful.  in my eyes, the same people that desire world buffs would just .kill the boss if they were able because the scripting, the strategies and the mechanics don't mean anything to them, just the loot.

41 minutes ago, Unbreakable said:

but why?  Thats is what i am trying to understand.  Why do people like world buffs and being able to do content they normally wouldn't be able to do?

Because we as human beings are all different, and we have different tastes. I enjoy playing with world buffs, you don't. And that's totally fine, if you want to have world buffs disabled and want to push for this feature to be a permanent thing, go ahead, just don't judge others for doing the exact opposite because they like the exact opposite of what you do. I'm fairly sure I'm allowed to enjoy the game the way I want the most, and if that includes raiding with world buffs, what is wrong with that? 

9 minutes ago, Keala said:

Because we as human beings are all different, and we have different tastes. I enjoy playing with world buffs, you don't. And that's totally fine, if you want to have world buffs disabled and want to push for this feature to be a permanent thing, go ahead, just don't judge others for doing the exact opposite because they like the exact opposite of what you do. I'm fairly sure I'm allowed to enjoy the game the way I want the most, and if that includes raiding with world buffs, what is wrong with that? 

I'm asking why because I want to understand.  Maybe there is something about world buffs I should like but am not seeing.  All you say is "because I do" which doesn't help with any understanding.  Maybe there could be a good compromise, who knows unless the reason people like world buffs is known.

Hey, I'm the guild leader of Dankk Budz Collective and we are still progressing Naxx (Currently 11/15)

I don't speak for everyone in my guild, but I personally prefer that world buffs are not allowed in Naxx.

Here are my reasons:

1) I prefer the added challenge of doing it without world buffs

2) Getting world buffs takes a lot of time, and I much rather spend that time doing more boss attempts than running around the world

3) Sometimes killing a boss with world buffs makes people feel like they need world buffs to kill it, and then losing world buffs to a wipe demotivates people and just ruins the mood

4) Tired of running Onyxia and Hakkar, and we are pretty much literally out of lvl 60s who can even hold hearts of hakkar

On the other hand, I know a lot of guilds really enjoy doing the speedruns and speedkills and want to use world buffs for that, not sure if its possible but the idea of only allowing world buffs on Darkmoon weeks sounds really good to me. +1 for that

I really like the enable world buffs during DMF week only idea.  One of the biggest problems with these private servers is trying to tune the content so that it gives the same blizzlike feel.  The problem is if you make the bosses harder by buffing HP / other custom changes they end up requiring world buffs to kill which hurts casual guilds the most.  I remember when they made C’thun harder, it didn’t really affect the top guilds that much but it made it so casual guilds would have a very hard time killing it. 

I think disabling world buffs is the best way to make content feel more blizzlike.  I’ve really enjoyed doing Naxx without world buffs because it feels challenging.  I think if they permanently reenable world buffs the game will get boring real fast, and will have a negative effect on the raiding community long term. 

The Idea of only allowing Worldbuffs on DMF-week is superb. +1 for that. Implement that for all 3 servers for the current highest tier raid.