Balian

Wrath 8 set bonus: useful?

Is the +4% bonus on parry after a block really useful?

4% parry seems to be really powerful, and the uptime shouldnt be bad considering the fact that a tank should be blocking a lot by using Shield Block on CD, but when I discussed it with the tanks of my guild on the other server I played, no one used that. Now that I have almost full Wrath set, I started to think about that again... Anyone has any useful information on this matter?

The cost of it would be changing the T1 gloves with +1% hit for the T2 ones.

Edited by Balian

8/8 t2 is amazing for heavy physical fights. Broodlord, Death Talon trash, Chromag, Nef. All of these are ideal fights for the t2 set.

The way the set bonus works is that it's a 4% chance after a block to give you 100% chance to parry! If you look at your spell book after you get a proc you will have something like ~120% parry chance. It will be whatever your normal Parry % chance is + 100%.

It is a very very strong set bonus, and even gives you some extra threat when you consider the parry haste you receive after each parried attack. This set bonus is so good you will situationally use 8/8 t2 as you start Naxx over 2.5 gear.

Well, I started Naxx on the other server I played with the 8/8 T2, skiping some items like Pauldrons of the Unrelenting while people called me crazy for doing this. But the way its written on the items (Battlegear of Wrath) apears to be that you block and after the block you get +4% parry, not that it has a 4% proc chance to get 100% parry - but of course it can be just something bad written by Blizzard, not uncommon. Either way it apears to be better keep the 8/8 unless you have 3 items to change in a single strike, correct?

4 hours ago, Roxanne Flowers said:

WTB 4 handed weapon for tanking.

4h is four horsemen 

and yes the full t2set is a very nice piece of tanking equip, the t1 always reminds of an offtanking set for dps warriors since the 8bonus is basically defiance 5/5 in most situations 

8 piece t2 is essentially 4% of your block value, ie about 1.5%, since it is a 4% chance after you block to gain 100% parry. So its not a massive bonus and 1% hit is imo a lot better.

4% chance After You Block to parry the next attack

It entirely depends on the fight , for example HEAVY hitting bosses like NEF/Chrom/Brood you will want to have decent hp/def/and avoidance/mitigation so that it makes it easier for healers.

other then that 1% hit is far superior in every situation.

I would like to opinions on my defensive set. lets for the sake of argument assume I'm defcapped in both setups so that is a non-issue.

7/8 t2 + Twin Emps belt vs 8/8 t2.

1 hour ago, Storfan said:

I would like to opinions on my defensive set. lets for the sake of argument assume I'm defcapped in both setups so that is a non-issue.

This is a hard choice to do! I think I would keep the 8/8 T2, unless you have other AQ40 tanking gear to change together (like the shoulders or the gloves).

1 hour ago, Nirinia said:

8 piece t2 is essentially 4% of your block value, ie about 1.5%, since it is a 4% chance after you block to gain 100% parry. So its not a massive bonus and 1% hit is imo a lot better.

4% chance After You Block to parry the next attack

On 11/10/2017 at 5:06 PM, Warlogy said:

It really clear, you get 4% chance to parry an attack after a block '' 4% chance to parry the next attack after a block. ''

About the text, I would agree with Warlogy. If someone has tested it and have more info, I would like to hear more.

On 10/11/2017 at 2:20 PM, Balian said:

Either way it apears to be better keep the 8/8 unless you have 3 items to change in a single strike, correct?

The 8/8 T2 bonus is equivalent to around 2.7% parry average.   The calculations somebody put above didn't take into account shield block ability pushing the average % value of your block % throughout a fight.
This gives you a pretty solid number to compare when attempting to factor in when to break the set for AQ40 gear.   The answer is 2.   2 items from AQ40 - 6/8 T2 - will outperform 8/8 T2.   The avoidance will be close but factoring in the crit % gained from the + agility, it comes out on top.

19 hours ago, Storfan said:

See above.

And the effect doesn't have an expiration.  If you got the set to proc but killed your current target before they could attack you, the buff stays on you until you do parry another attack.

The best moment this has happened for me was twice on Twin Emps.   Force Triggered it before pulling boss while building 100 rage on bugs.   And then mid fight right before teleport it procced and I had a 100% parry buffed up for when he was to teleport back.   For sure limited spike damage during transition.

On 14/10/2017 at 3:31 AM, Undertanker said:

The 8/8 T2 bonus is equivalent to around 2.7% parry average.   The calculations somebody put above didn't take into account shield block ability pushing the average % value of your block % throughout a fight.
This gives you a pretty solid number to compare when attempting to factor in when to break the set for AQ40 gear.   The answer is 2.   2 items from AQ40 - 6/8 T2 - will outperform 8/8 T2.   The avoidance will be close but factoring in the crit % gained from the + agility, it comes out on top.

That was kind of the answer I was expecting from this topic! - what the value I would give to the 8/8 set bonus! But I still think the answer may be 2 or 3 depending on what items you got.