Tormenting

Very hyped about the fresh server and going to bring 4 friends along..but

I hope it will live up to Nostalrius and Elysium fresh server launch and be as rich in population. What do we do if it will only be like 300 people as it launches and then 100 people 2 hours later?

We hold out for a few days and don't give up hope immediately. We have to look at this server not in the hype it will generate, but it's long running ability to sustain. Even if we do manage to get 4k players at start, there is nothing to indicate we won't loose all or most of them in the long run leaving us with a server under 1k in players. The same holds true for a slow starting server, day one should be seen as just that, day one...and day two and day three will be just as important in the long run. If, after a few days, we are only a few hundred strong, then we will have to admit that Elysium isn't going to be trusted by the player-base, and move to the new upcoming server, Everyst when it releases...

I also want to make note, that they are having a server stress test on Nov. 5th as well, meaning that they, being clean from all the drama, may pull a lot of the player-base on the 5th, but won't pull them on the 6th or 7th.

Edited by Kern

1 minute ago, woahwut said:

server is 100% guaranteed to have 3k+ at peak, it's fresh after all.

I hope you are correct, however, I am still concerned about the long term, and that server doesn't just die out in a few weeks. It's a real worry at this moment, since we don't know how well the community will adapt back to Elysium's mindsets and practices.

3 minutes ago, Kern said:

I hope you are correct, however, I am still concerned about the long term, and that server doesn't just die out in a few weeks. It's a real worry at this moment, since we don't know how well the community will adapt back to Elysium's mindsets and practices.

It won't die out like Zeth'kur did, since there are no other fresh servers to compete with. I believe it will even build over time.

sadly there will be soon, there are two, perhaps three coming out by the end of the year...so new fresh servers will be cropping up. Everyest will be having a stress test Nov 5th. So there's a chance people will be there.

6 hours ago, Kern said:

Server will evolve to TBC after a certain time so no worries, it will be the most populated server in the long term :)

It is quite saddening how LH fanboys are all over the Elysium forums effortlessly trying to convince players to switch over.

What's wrong with the banned accounts on LH?  Why did the team itself banned them? To not be able to restore their characters here? Don't be silly @cybaster

Honestly, LH and Elysium should both have a place in gaming, and we should let the drama pass...

my guess is that nighthaven will die down real quick. bc most of the players on it will be "fresh hype" guys.

the community that doesnt jump the ship after 2weeks of mc is currently playing on lightshope.

59 minutes ago, flowqz said:

my guess is that nighthaven will die down real quick. bc most of the players on it will be "fresh hype" guys.

the community that doesnt jump the ship after 2weeks of mc is currently playing on lightshope.

hopefully that won't be the case....

When it launches it will be around 2k or so pop, the F R E S H server vultures always go nuts.

But yes it's inevitable that the hype will die down in a couple of weeks. I predict mid-hundreds population eventually, especially if they really commit to this 'accelerated' timeline nonsense into TBC, instead of actually having a blizz-like progression schedule.

Putting us down does nothing but prove your complete and utter vitriol of our enjoyment as we see fit... If you don't like Elysium Project, then fine, that's your choice. You're welcome to have it. However, don't put us Elysium players down simply because we choose to play here. You naysayers are also sitting in these forums, meaning that you are choosing to participate, at least on some level, with the people involved with the Elysium Project.

Therefore, you are also part of the "lowest common denominator" and should also get some sense of dignity. Thank you for being such a pleasant human being, and have a nice day with your confused sense of moral high-ground...

10 hours ago, Kern said:

Putting us down does nothing but prove your complete and utter vitriol of our enjoyment as we see fit... If you don't like Elysium Project, then fine, that's your choice. You're welcome to have it. However, don't put us Elysium players down simply because we choose to play here. You naysayers are also sitting in these forums, meaning that you are choosing to participate, at least on some level, with the people involved with the Elysium Project.

Therefore, you are also part of the "lowest common denominator" and should also get some sense of dignity. Thank you for being such a pleasant human being, and have a nice day with your confused sense of moral high-ground...

Bravo !! :)

42 minutes ago, dwarfhunter said:

and have the server shutdown in 3 months especially with 90% of the player base going to be moving to blizzard legacy once theyre released

The server will not be shut down after 3 months simply because the launch of the legacy servers will take much longer than you think !! 

LH will also disappear as quickly as it appears when Legacy Servers opens.. :)

Plus there is a question of what the legacy servers will be like. We don't know until we see them. We can be hopeful, yes, but Blizzard and Activision are companies. There is one truth still, in spite of this. Many in the private server community have made friends we can't take with us to retail because we live in different parts of the world. That said, I'm sure private servers will always have a place, unless classic servers open up on an international level to allow for all of us to play on the same servers...which I doubt will happen.

Some will choose only retail, but I'm sure the demand of a private server won't leave completely, as even hard working, well paying retail subs will still like to play with their other friends too.

1 hour ago, Kern said:

Plus there is a question of what the legacy servers will be like. We don't know until we see them. We can be hopeful, yes, but Blizzard and Activision are companies. There is one truth still, in spite of this. Many in the private server community have made friends we can't take with us to retail because we live in different parts of the world. That said, I'm sure private servers will always have a place, unless classic servers open up on an international level to allow for all of us to play on the same servers...which I doubt will happen.

Some will choose only retail, but I'm sure the demand of a private server won't leave completely, as even hard working, well paying retail subs will still like to play with their other friends too.

Everyone will go retail. Vanilla private servers are going to die. That is a fact.