orwell

Timeline progression is too fast!

it will take far less than one year...

Far less than 1 year means too fast. Please make it Normal/Blizzlike progression.

• People come to fresh server for a reason: to stay on top of the new content.
  • To farm raids and collect tiers before the next raid.
  • Regular people can't hit 60 faster than 3-6 months.
  • BWL and Zul'Gurub will be released before most people couldn't complete Molten Core, or even hit lvl 60.
  • Most players are working class people. We work for 9-10 hours a day 5 days a week. Only %5-10 of the players have the free time "fast-paced" progression requires.
  • We can't powerlevel to 60 or clear raids fast enough.
  • Before we could enjoy our 60s, you'll hit us with TBC, shutting vanilla fun and making our raiding/pvping efforts obsolete.

Now you think "Classic servers are coming".  So what? We're here to have fun and we'll stay if we're having fun.

This should last for 2 years like real vanilla. Or at the very least 1.5 years.

Also my opinion is people like Vanilla more than TBC.

None of the TBC servers have more players than vanilla servers.

If you insist on TBC, you can launch it seperately. Have one vanilla server. It'll be the only alternative when blizzard releases classic. Blizz might disappoint us with the release and light's hope will be shutting down(because they're so noble) so some people might come back to their 60s on Nighthaven. Just don't push the content in 1 year!

I made a poll, I hope staff will listen to players:

http://www.strawpoll.me/14353224

Edit:

As of 13.11.2017 poll shows %54 picked 2 years and %23 picked 1.5 years.

%23 picked "less than one year" and apparently their only reason to play in vanilla is just to level up for TBC.

To staff:

Since TBC suckers don't care about end-game vanilla content, please don't make the timeline according to THEM.

%77 of voters chose either 1.5 or 2 years of vanilla progress.

You wanted communication, here's your communication. Ball's on your court. Now don't you dare leaving this post un-answered. Devs should come out and talk, especially you frog!

Far less than a year seems too fast, indeed. I wouldn't mind having them speed-up a tiny bit tho. But I would not want to see BWL & ZG release before the new year tho! Maybe AV somewhere in christmas :) but prefreably having it released blizzlike since personally I don't think we will see any classic servers until 2019, maybe not even until 2020.

I am glad that there are others that would like this change. There really is only 5-10% playerbase that CAN keep up with fast progression. My vote is cast. 

17 hours ago, Easy Waters said:

I am glad that there are others that would like this change. There really is only 5-10% playerbase that CAN keep up with fast progression. My vote is cast. 

you don't have to keep up with the content. Just keep up with your guild. You don't have to do naxx on launchday. In fact, it wouldn't be blizzlike if you did :)

I would be okay with full, normal progression of patch content release if Honor and Battlegrounds were released sooner, because for myself and many other players PvP is a huge part of the game. Since that won't be the case, I'm fine with the roughly 1/2 time change.

On 11/15/2017 at 8:35 AM, Justme said:

you don't have to keep up with the content. Just keep up with your guild. You don't have to do naxx on launchday. In fact, it wouldn't be blizzlike if you did :)

I agree! Your goal is to keep up with your guild :P

I plan to leave when Blizzard Classic servers are released, people speculate that it won't be for a while, however I disagree with them. I think they're going to shock everyone with how quickly Classic is released. That being said, I feel as though there should be an increase in either XP/droprates, or the fast pace should be slowed. And I'm not talking bout x5+ but something reasonable like x3, even x2 would make a large difference.

Vanilla > TBC.

But to each their own. I like this server, and I would be really happy if this server progressed to end of vanilla at 1.12 over the course of, let's say, a year, but only if it stayed that way, so no further progress to TBC. Otherwise I'd prefer 2 years for sure.

I may be wrong, but I think the huge majority of people playing on this server, myself included, are here for the Vanilla experience, and absolutely do not want TBC or want Vanilla to last for more than a year if TBC progress is absolutely inevitable.

However, I think that a TBC realm should be created for those who want to play TBC, because if a majority of people vote for this realm to stay true vanilla, I see no point in devs forcing TBC progress. But then again, I'll support their decision.

Edited by Kalmar

Hopefully they respect the vanilla-players and keep having atleast one realm for vanilla.

cause i think vanilla is way more fun then all expansions combined

On 11/17/2017 at 8:14 PM, Easy Waters said:

I agree! Your goal is to keep up with your guild :P

I plan to leave when Blizzard Classic servers are released, people speculate that it won't be for a while, however I disagree with them. I think they're going to shock everyone with how quickly Classic is released. That being said, I feel as though there should be an increase in either XP/droprates, or the fast pace should be slowed. And I'm not talking bout x5+ but something reasonable like x3, even x2 would make a large difference.

Fast pace, slowed to normal.  Never xp increase.

I prefer vanilla to TBC, so obviously I would prefer a slower progression to keep the real vanilla for as long as possible.  TBC is still better than retail though and I would continue to play here if Classic is still not released, but would very much appreciate a vanilla realm option when TBC is launched.

On 8.11.2017 at 7:25 AM, orwell said:

Far less than 1 year means too fast. Please make it Normal/Blizzlike progression.

• People come to fresh server for a reason: to stay on top of the new content.
  • To farm raids and collect tiers before the next raid.
  • Regular people can't hit 60 faster than 3-6 months.
  • BWL and Zul'Gurub will be released before most people couldn't complete Molten Core, or even hit lvl 60.
  • Most players are working class people. We work for 9-10 hours a day 5 days a week. Only %5-10 of the players have the free time "fast-paced" progression requires.
  • We can't powerlevel to 60 or clear raids fast enough.
  • Before we could enjoy our 60s, you'll hit us with TBC, shutting vanilla fun and making our raiding/pvping efforts obsolete.

Now you think "Classic servers are coming".  So what? We're here to have fun and we'll stay if we're having fun.

This should last for 2 years like real vanilla. Or at the very least 1.5 years.

Also my opinion is people like Vanilla more than TBC.

None of the TBC servers have more players than vanilla servers.

If you insist on TBC, you can launch it seperately. Have one vanilla server. It'll be the only alternative when blizzard releases classic. Blizz might disappoint us with the release and light's hope will be shutting down(because they're so noble) so some people might come back to their 60s on Nighthaven. Just don't push the content in 1 year!

I made a poll, I hope staff will listen to players:

http://www.strawpoll.me/14353224

Edit:

As of 13.11.2017 poll shows %54 picked 2 years and %23 picked 1.5 years.

%23 picked "less than one year" and apparently their only reason to play in vanilla is just to level up for TBC.

To staff:

Since TBC suckers don't care about end-game vanilla content, please don't make the timeline according to THEM.

%77 of voters chose either 1.5 or 2 years of vanilla progress.

You wanted communication, here's your communication. Ball's on your court. Now don't you dare leaving this post un-answered. Devs should come out and talk, especially you frog!

You got my vote sir!

On 11/20/2017 at 7:02 AM, Garthim said:

Fast pace, slowed to normal.  Never xp increase.

Would rather it that way. Just an unsolicited suggestion. 

Qouted from Orwell,

"Far less than 1 year means too fast. Please make it Normal/Blizzlike progression. People come to fresh server for a reason: to stay on top of the new content. To farm raids and collect tiers before the next raid.

Regular people can't hit 60 faster than 3-6 months. BWL and Zul'Gurub will be released before most people couldn't complete Molten Core, or even hit lvl 60. Most players are working class people. We work for 9-10 hours a day 5 days a week. Only %5-10 of the players have the free time "fast-paced" progression requires. We can't powerlevel to 60 or clear raids fast enough. Before we could enjoy our 60s, you'll hit us with TBC, shutting vanilla fun and making our raiding/pvping efforts obsolete.

Now you think "Classic servers are coming". So what? We're here to have fun and we'll stay if we're having fun. This should last for 2 years like real vanilla. Or at the very least 1.5 years. Also my opinion is people like Vanilla more than TBC. None of the TBC servers have more players than vanilla servers. If you insist on TBC, you can launch it seperately. Have one vanilla server. It'll be the only alternative when blizzard releases classic. Blizz might disappoint us with the release and light's hope will be shutting down (because they're so noble) so some people might come back to their 60's on Nighthaven. Just don't push the content in 1 year!"

Could we please get an awnser about this? Makes no sense to speed up the timeline, because if it is content people want to do they can go ahead and play on the "Stratholme" server.

Bottomline: Even if legacy comes out in a year from now (which it won't, it is Blizzard afterall), the average player should not take the hit due to this... Postpone the BWL release etc and make the timeline fit a, either 1½ year or 2 year schedule.

You are doing a great job with the server though, keep it up!

Edited by Ethereum

The main problem with keeping the server with such fast timeline pace it is set at currently is that as many others have stated, they do not have the time to play to keep up with content, but even then it is too fast for people that plays alot. There is way too much to do in vanilla on a regular basis resulting most of it being pointless due to how fast content is going to be released. The current timeline that is set with 1.3 (now released), 1.4 and 1.5 is completely balanced as we want the PvP system and BGs to be out asap. BWL should be released atleast 2 months (minimum) after 1.5 to allow people to catch up and be able to farm the new additions of gear implemented in Molten Core.

But not only is it a problem for the people that can only play casual, but also for the hardcore players that will be farming BGs (ranking) to Rank 14 etc. The server wont even have a Rank 14 by the time Blackwing Lair releases, most likely unless a player gets 13 000 Rank Points every week.

All in all fast timeline progression is bad and unhealthy for the server AND PROJECT, alot of people do not even want to play TBC (myself included) and wants to play strictly vanilla, while also having the option to play on a FRESH REALM.

I am very disapointed with the fact that there has not been a response to either this thread or the other one posted in the "Suggestion" sub-forum. Gives me the impression the staff does not give a rats ass, very unfortunate if that is the case. Be well aware that despite all drama that occoured and with the split of the previous Elysium staff you should find yourself lucky you are even able to have and maintain such a healthy playerbase.

Atleast make an official post in this thread or the thread posted in the Suggestion sub-forum and tell us that no changes or adjustments will be made to the timeline so certain people can call the quits rather than keeping hopes up for any changes being made.

Edited by Ethereum

14 hours ago, ScottK1994 said:

I don't agree, I think most people like the pace

How can you say that? Do you speak for "most of the people"?  Speak your own mind and dont say most of the people like this or that.

I would personally like a slow progression, Especially since I (like many others mentioned in posts) dont have the time to play so many hours. We cant stop work and other RL stuff to just catch up with that speed.