Tudi

Pottu protect Chinese Gold/BG farmer ? #OSoC

I was on youtube and I found this channel "Da Phantazm" where she talk about #OSoC "Open Season on China" and are people complaining in the YB comment about Pottu mute/ban (I think on forum and PTR) when talking about it.

I hope this is not true but there were many people who were saying the same thing.

PS: #OSoC is a group and think a guild too how fight against Chinese Gold/BG farmer.

Edited by Tudi

Well if I see this "Chinese farmer" and report then I will be the one how get ban or the cheater ?

I hope Putto dont mute/ban people just because talk/report these things.

Of course you won't be banned for reporting farmers whoever they are.  Don't know why you need to post that image to ask this question.  If you want to understand the lengths through which Nosalrius had gone to stop unacceptable activities, it might be a good idea to search through nostalrius forums.  This dude you're quoting obviously has some issues that should be a red flag as to the validity of his statements.

Go to this subforum and page through the 198 pages of ban threads and read some contents.  You'll get an idea of how much time GMs spent on it and how freaking time consuming it was.  remove that image you put in up there in your original post if you still can.

http://forum.nostalrius.org/viewforum.php?f=65&sid=fc069446be857a95c891d323887bb711

This is General Discussion so we can discuss different topics like this one.

I post that image because was the first one in that video but I so more then 10 people complaining.

PS: done i edit the image.

Edited by Tudi

Ok cool. yeah go to that subforum and just start paging through it.  You'll see how complex the issues were, especially when it came to tracing gold.  All types of nefarious activities were reported to GMs via the forums and tickets.  They spent a TON of time dealing with this stuff and gathering information.

LLOOOOOLLL Da Phantazm

I remember this. This was that wana be gangster kiddo. Made a few vids on youtube till the community just told him he is a s.hitty poser and then he dissapeared.

He even had multiple accounts talking with himself and bashing others.

A special kind of crazy.

Edited by Shayss

I was on youtube and I found this channel "Da Phantazm" where she talk about #OSoC "Open Season on China" and are people complaining in the YB comment about Pottu mute/ban (I think on forum and PTR) when talking about it.

I hope this is not true but there were many people who were saying the same thing.

PS: #OSoC is a group and think a guild too how fight against Chinese Gold/BG farmer.

Da Phantazm is not actually a girl. It is a guy who does different voices and just makes videos based off on open season on China. Videos are funny at times, but yeah... He changes voices all the time

Plus all tickets are reviewed by the GM team, so I wouldn't worry about reporting. Besides, how would they know you reported them unless you posted on the forums about reporting them?

Edited by Shaylin

He's good at doing voices, something I damn sure don't have, but his grieving on Chinese players won't matter much. You're only delaying the inevitable. It doesn't matter how many times they die. They'll keep coming back, and eventually, get 60 like everyone else. They need bans, which you can't hand out. You also can't tell the difference between legitimate Chinese players and gold sellers; you're just grieving on sight based on their names. The majority of Nost Chinese were actually normal players. They may have been mute morons, but they ran their own world chat, dungeons, raids, organized BGs, etc. Your sellers are a minority within the Chinese, which they also hate, as it gives them all a bad reputation and discrimination.

One thing that'd help more than anything else is to host a Chinese server. With these players rolling over there on that, rather than with the rest of us, what you'd be left with here would just be sellers. They'd become 1,000x easier to detect and ban.

I don't think this OSoC thing is actually just against the Chinese gold farmers...

It Just seems to be a pure racist group against all Chinese players in general...

i dont understand why people have a problem with the chinese players

This.

People need to quit with hating on Chinese people.   We all are gold farmers.  We all have to farm gold for certain things.

Hate on industrial gold farmers all you want who do it for IRL money, but don't generalize this with one set of people.    This is an international issue, not to a specific demographic.   Even in the US, there was a case where some trailer park white trash man forced his young kids to farm gold instead of going to school, which he then would sell.   Ban people like this.   Ban the IP of prisons forcing people to farm gold (yes this is a real thing, against my point the most documented case is in China).

But including every Chinese person in these generalized statements is racist/bigotry.

It's more population = more items on the AH, more people buying what you are selling, more people to do a pug with.

Before the OMG the economy!!! ....... How does items as a whole selling for more hurt the economy?   It is inflation and happens regardless of who plays.   The thing here that helps us the most is the gold sinks of the game (epic mount, respec cost, training, repair bill) become much easier task when your farmed goods sell for 20g immediately rather than having to re-post for 5g 3 times a day, more circulating money = easier time for a new comer to quickly overcome vendor item gold cost.

Before OMG can't pug they no speaky the engrish!!!!.....I've pugged with a lot of retarded/shitter english speaking people, and I've pugged with a lot of really decent players who didn't speak engrish.   Fixing a language barrier doesn't fix stupid people.

Edited by Undertanker

i remember one chinese fella that couldnt speak english, he helped me finish a few quests because the murlocs were disarming my warrior 24/7 and it was impossible to complete, he went out of his way to help me do the whole quest line and used a translating program so he could communicate with me so not all of them are gold farmers theres normal players in their country that just wana play the game, you cant throw them all into the same hoop.

This.

People need to quit with hating on Chinese people.   We all are gold farmers.  We all have to farm gold for certain things.

Hate on industrial gold farmers all you want who do it for IRL money, but don't generalize this with one set of people.    This is an international issue, not to a specific demographic.   Even in the US, there was a case where some trailer park white trash man forced his young kids to farm gold instead of going to school, which he then would sell.   Ban people like this.   Ban the IP of prisons forcing people to farm gold (yes this is a real thing, against my point the most documented case is in China).

But including every Chinese person in these generalized statements is racist/bigotry.

It's more population = more items on the AH, more people buying what you are selling, more people to do a pug with.

Before the OMG the economy!!! ....... How does items as a whole selling for more hurt the economy?   It is inflation and happens regardless of who plays.   The thing here that helps us the most is the gold sinks of the game (epic mount, respec cost, training, repair bill) become much easier task when your farmed goods sell for 20g immediately rather than having to re-post for 5g 3 times a day, more circulating money = easier time for a new comer to quickly overcome vendor item gold cost.

Before OMG can't pug they no speaky the engrish!!!!.....I've pugged with a lot of retarded/shitter english speaking people, and I've pugged with a lot of really decent players who didn't speak engrish.   Fixing a language barrier doesn't fix stupid people.

Whiteknight spotted.

The chinese were the main reason nost got such a big pop and therefore the main reason it got shutdown. I dont know about u but i am still salty about that. 

#OSoC has a great cause and my support.

Ban China or put them on a sepperate server!  :ph34r:

There is a reason that stereotypes are created, because they hold truth.

Certainly a blind hate toward an entire culture is not suggested, but don't pretend like it isn't based on reality. 

The chinese were the main reason nost got such a big pop and therefore the main reason it got shutdown.

Well you're wrong there fella on both counts.

The only problem I have is with the players that can't communicate even with a simple "yes" or "no". This doesn't include chinese only but the majority that doesn't even have basic english knowledge is from China. Other than that I have no problem with players whatever their nationality and percentage of the realm population is. Obviously you can't force anyone to learn certain language but ruins the game for me a bit.

Edited by cryofsorrow

It's a generalization, like all BMW drivers are assholes. Sure most of them are, but there are some nice guys too. Same with chinese players. Sure most of them don't know a word of english, maybe are not that great at playing and some are bots, but there are some that know how to communicate and play.

Whiteknight spotted.

The chinese were the main reason nost got such a big pop and therefore the main reason it got shutdown. I dont know about u but i am still salty about that. 

#OSoC has a great cause and my support.

Ban China or put them on a sepperate server!  :ph34r:

Nos got big because Nos had a great team, making the legacy wow for people all over the world.

And Nos did not get shut down; they chose to shut down because they wanted to impress Blizzard with their plan which unfortunantely did not work.