Sign in to follow this  
Theloras

Paladin Bug Compendium

Hello guys, long time no see, i restarted to play after that someone steal my account after Elysium devs shared the core with my password inside the chat codes... but this is not the right post for talk about it...

I was looking fro the problem about One-Handed Weapon Specialization that seems not only increase the damage of seal of Rigtheousness but all damage when the paladin equip a one-hand weapon and i found this post: http://web.archive.org/web/20060718000408/http://www.wowwiki.com:80/Paladin_Talents

And i clicked on One handed weapon specializtion link: http://web.archive.org/web/20070304103534/http://www.wowwiki.com:80/One-Handed_Weapon_Specialization

I know, nothing spacial, something already saw. But i toke a look on two-handed weapon specialization and i found this: http://web.archive.org/web/20070515061015/http://www.wowwiki.com:80/Two-Handed_Weapon_Specialization

Functionality

Two-Handed Weapon Specialization increases the base Damage a Warrior delivers while wielding a two-handed weapon of any type.

It is a passive talent, and automatically increases the damage done in combat, while holding a two handed weapon.

This is the evidence, for me, that Two-Handed Weapon Specialization talent increase ALL damage done with a Two hands weapon equiped (for warrior by 10% and for paladin by 6%). Good, but what all this means for a Paladin Protection?

More damage is always useful to the Warrior, especially those who favour the larger weapons, where 5% can be a significant proportion of the enemy's hit points.

It's worth noting that this talent effect stacks with the other weapon-specific specialization effects; Mace Specialization, Sword Specialization and Poleaxe Specialization, provided the weapon is a two-handed version.

DPS Berserkers should instead look for Dual Wield Specialization, in the Fury tree, and Protection Tanks should instead consider Shield Specialization and One-Handed Weapon Specialization, both in the Protection tree.

This is, for me, the evidence that two-handed weapon specialization (warrior/paladin) and one-handed weapon specialization (paladin/warrior) talents work in te same way. That's mean that they boost ALL damage, not only Seal of Righteousness (like another guide suppose to be).

You can say: "Ehi man, did you saw that this post is after 2006? this s***t is for TBC not for Vanilla!". No we are talking about vanilla mechanics, because the post that talk about TBC is this: http://www.wowwiki.com:80/One-Handed_Weapon_Specialization

And this is what they say about the paladin TBC talent: http://web.archive.org/web/20071011195145/http://wowwiki.com:80/One-Handed_Weapon_Specialization_(Paladin)

This is simple to understand: the main threat generation source for a paladin is SoR and HS (and Consecration) that do not depend from weapon damage (like warrior main treat sources: sunder armor, revenge, shiled bash, Shield Slam... and like warrior main damage abilities: Mortal strike = weapon damage + other damage boosted by two-handed talent, same for Overpower, etc.) and that's why it doesn't make any sense boost the white weapon damage for them with 5 or 3 talents points...

In the second, is a common knowledge that after lvl 30 (where you suppose to be able to pick this talent) the damage of warriors and paladins become weaker then other classes, that's why blizzard choose to improve all the damage with this talent.

In the end, if you look at the Warrior Fury and Protection Talent tree, we can see that:

• Fury -> Dual Wield specialization: Increase the damage DONE BY YOUR OFFHAND WEAPON by X
  • Protection -> One-Handed Weapon Specialization: increase the damage YOU DEAL WITH ONE HANDED MELEE WEAPONS by X

This is not a case that those two talents haven't the same text. That's mean that the eccefts are not the same.

Best reguards!

P.S. sorry for my elementary english...

Hello, it's caspus from Elysium server, anyone else confirm the bug where you lose like 50% threat from a knockback? Noticed it while tanking giants in MC and pretty much I can't tank them anymore. 

1 hour ago, Caspus1 said:

Hello, it's caspus from Elysium server, anyone else confirm the bug where you lose like 50% threat from a knockback? Noticed it while tanking giants in MC and pretty much I can't tank them anymore. 

NPC and Boss Knock Back effects are wiping out 100% of tank threat instead of just a % portion

yes. but I guess the bug report never got ported over from the original forum reporting to github

1 час назад, Theloras сказал:

NPC and Boss Knock Back effects are wiping out 100% of tank threat instead of just a % portion

yes. but I guess the bug report never got ported over from the original forum reporting to github

Hey man) Do you know that 2H spec must affect every damage or just white + SoC? I think it must works with Judgements (JoR / JoC) too. 

1 minute ago, Fardragon said:

Hey man) Do you know that 2H spec must affect every damage or just white + SoC? I think it must works with Judgements (JoR / JoC) too. 

Duki and I were able to prove that 2h spec and 1h spec boost SoR by 6% and 10% respectively since SoR uses weapon damage in its calculation

Is there vanilla era evidence that it should boost ALL damage?

The links provided by Ratziel above were TBC era evidence in 2007

14 минуты назад, Theloras сказал:

Duki and I were able to prove that 2h spec and 1h spec boost SoR by 6% and 10% respectively since SoR uses weapon damage in its calculation

Is there vanilla era evidence that it should boost ALL damage?

The links provided by Ratziel above were TBC era evidence in 2007

Its good. I think they must fix +spd to JoC too cause r8 now its disgusting. We used 2 JoCrs and i got just 50-60dmg (!!!)  boost with aura.  
 And 1 more thing.  5% spellcrit in holy must work with SoC and JoR or not? Tooltip says that "add 5% crit to Holy spells''. What that mean? Only Holy (like spec) spells or Holy ( like school of magic).

as it stands, I can confirm that the molten giants in mc, at least, do still reduce your threat on knock back as I have lost aggro because of it, re: Raided mc on Sunday (warrior tank but still applies)

On 8/12/2017 at 2:05 PM, Fardragon said:

Its good. I think they must fix +spd to JoC too cause r8 now its disgusting. We used 2 JoCrs and i got just 50-60dmg (!!!)  boost with aura.  
 And 1 more thing.  5% spellcrit in holy must work with SoC and JoR or not? Tooltip says that "add 5% crit to Holy spells''. What that mean? Only Holy (like spec) spells or Holy ( like school of magic).

the +5% spell crit talent in the Holy tree boosts your chance to crit with Flash of Light, Holy Light , Exorcism, Holy Wrath and Judgement of Righteousness

it does NOT affect Judgement of Command or Seal of Command since those are melee crit based

11 hours ago, Fardragon said:

Guys, a new bug. SoC got 0.5 sec delay and if target get off from melee range it didnt work at all) Server Elly. 

the 0.5 sec delay is actually blizzlike 

On 18/08/2017 at 11:42 PM, Theloras said:

FYI @everyone - JoC bug fix inc soon

Fix to Judgement of Command scaling

I like how Imbaslap in that thread demands proof that blizz didn't stealth nerf JoC but also demanded without proof that judgment stacking was stealth nerfed...

1 hour ago, Xaph said:

I like how Imbaslap in that thread demands proof that blizz didn't stealth nerf JoC but also demanded without proof that judgment stacking was stealth nerfed...

He also doesn't say or do anything when he watches Esfand put up multiple ranks of the same Judgement in his streams - nor do any of the Elysium GMs either.

How do I know this?

Cause I've seen him and multiple Elysium GMs listed in the "Participants" section on Esfand's youtube stream pages and can actually be seen helping him.

To be clear - not hating on Esfand at all by writing this but it does smack of hypocrisy considering @Imbaslap and the rest of his cronies shit all over me ad nauseum in that bug report and in these forums...

I guess once a douche always a douche.

16 hours ago, Theloras said:

He also doesn't say or do anything when he watches Esfand put up multiple ranks of the same Judgement in his streams - nor do any of the Elysium GMs either.

How do I know this?

Cause I've seen him and multiple Elysium GMs listed in the "Participants" section on Esfand's youtube stream pages and can actually be seen helping him.

To be clear - not hating on Esfand at all by writing this but it does smack of hypocrisy considering @Imbaslap and the rest of his cronies shit all over me ad nauseum in that bug report and in these forums...

I guess once a douche always a douche.

i did warn Esfand about it on his stream when he was doing it on rag.. not sure why you think i didnt do that. I think i got timed out on his YT channel that day he did it. after that day, i haven't seen him do it again so i assume he took my comment and looked at the Github report.

this was before BWL released, so again this should be a simple fix (somehow its still not fixed surprisingly enough.)  maybe that 100 post github and reddit post wasnt enough to expedite the issue. hopefully a guild abuses it on loatheb during Naxx release for anathema and we can all say "i told you so" to the devs for sitting on it for weeks.  atleast this time, it will be at the fault of the devs, not the reporters.

As far as I know, it looks like im keeping my threat after knockbacks. I realized it when I was tanking Dire Maul and the trash mobs that did knockbacks no longer felt like a pain in the ass to tank and my KTM saying its all good. I'll be tanking MC today (8/27/17) and can further confirm if the bug has been fixed when I tank Giants, etc. 

Update: Still losing a shit ton of threat on knockback from MC giants. 

Good/bad news!

Paladin

Multiple ranks of the same Judgement can no longer be stacked on a single target

Judgement of Command now scales base damage depending on whether the target is stunned rather than scaling the bonus damage

Judgement of Righteousness now scales at 50% spell power bonus

On 8/27/2017 at 2:34 PM, Caspus1 said:

As far as I know, it looks like im keeping my threat after knockbacks. I realized it when I was tanking Dire Maul and the trash mobs that did knockbacks no longer felt like a pain in the ass to tank and my KTM saying its all good. I'll be tanking MC today (8/27/17) and can further confirm if the bug has been fixed when I tank Giants, etc. 

Update: Still losing a shit ton of threat on knockback from MC giants. 

that's supposed to happen from the giants.

7 hours ago, Rafale said:

Judgement of Command now scales base damage depending on whether the target is stunned rather than scaling the bonus damage

Judgement of Righteousness now scales at 50% spell power bonus

Are these two updates nerfs or buffs? What was the spell power bonus at before for judgement of righteousness?