Sign in to follow this  
Yunogasai

Mining 100-125 is slow!

Hi, i'm trying to find out where the best location to farm silver veins is. The grind for mining has been taking me a long time due to not being able to find any silver veins. I've maybe found one single silver vein in my whole time playing and no matter how much Tin I mine, it's still taking me forever to level it up! please halp.

Edited by Yunogasai

7 hours ago, #Bovine1302 said:

Would you like 300 mining skill on a silver platter? QQ more or track for better ores more, it's a big world. Choice is yours.

Their post is at least constructive unlike yours. Uninstalling would probably do you a favor in life.

Anyways I would check google for any vanilla mining maps or something first off. I personally don't know of exact silver vein locations other than running into a few in southern silverpine forest/arathi highlands.

Don't expect mining 150-225 to be any faster ... and from 225 - 245 (where you can mine thorium) ...

There is a cave in wetlands with some stuff that are used for some random alliance quest. Since most people skip this quest, its a great place to level mining skill from 100-125.

Thank you to those who replied with relevance to the topic, they may help others.

Although after running around wild for a few hours, I ended up in Ashenvale and just around Splintertree Post, the river surrounding it that splits off into three ways. I found silver all along the edge of that and sometimes under water. Roughly 10 veins in one run total, I advise to go there if anyone is struggling with the same problem.

34 minutes ago, Yunogasai said:

Thank you to those who replied with relevance to the topic, they may help others.

Although after running around wild for a few hours, I ended up in Ashenvale and just around Splintertree Post, the river surrounding it that splits off into three ways. I found silver all along the edge of that and sometimes under water. Roughly 10 veins in one run total, I advise to go there if anyone is struggling with the same problem.

Thanks a lot. I've been wanting to level mining to 125 so I can smelt all the iron I had on another character. It appears the veins like to spawn close to eachother. I had been running around Barrens for a while and couldn't find a single vein, then suddenly I found three Tin veins nex to eachother. On my other character, in Tanaris I found eight veins next to eachother. In Badlands I would often find three Truesilver veins at the same place. Another odd thing about the veins is that Silver, Gold and Truesilver have their own spawns, where they are quite common. Every time I passed the south entrence to those dragons in Badlands, there was a Gold vein there.

This topic is absolutely golden! (or, silver then...)

Mining nodes in general are quite off, making mining slightly harder then in retail as I remember it.

Silver does spawn over tin, but not exactly how it should be. Following the river as suggested I farmed 30 Silver Ore's in one run (enough to get me out of my skill up problems).

Thanks again for the post, please do post more of these experiences!

Also, I suggest getting a pair of gloves with +5 mining for those awkward levels where skilling up is incredibly slow; so many Iron nodes I passed up while leveling an alt because of those ~5 points... and it's pretty much a guaranteed +1 to Mining skill, if you need to use them. 

Thanks indeed for this topic! I went on the forum with this precis question in mind. The syncronicity is spooky.

The +5 mining glove idea is good. A minor refinement that many people overlook is to have the enchantment cast on a pair of white (so the gloves won't soulbind when worn), cloth (so any class can wear them) gloves. You'll then have a pair of gloves to help you past those awkward skill boundaries and when you've past them all, you can mail those gloves to an alt or friend who also has mining.

Since you're now past the Iron threshold, here's a suggestion for when you get up to Mithril and need to get some. If you're alliance, go to the blasted lands and enter the Armory. I generally find 2 to 4 mithril nodes every time I visit and there are no mobs hostile to the alliance there. As for horde, all of the mobs there are hostile.

On 2017-1-29 at 8:07 AM, ZedMatey said:

The cave just east of hammerfall and the cave in west wetlands have unique nodes that will level your mining to 125 with ease.

West? is that the spider cave? the only other cave is at the digsite which has nothing.

3 hours ago, holix said:

West? is that the spider cave? the only other cave is at the digsite which has nothing.

Yes, the spider cave has a lot of nodes used for a quest. And those nodes respawn quite rapidly and provide skill ups to miners. So if you're skilled enough to mine tin, go to the spider cave and have at it until your skill reaches 125. And you'll most likely have a lot of Incenderite in your bags afterwards. You can either vendor the stuff, or you can put it up on the auction house in stacks of 6 (the number needed for the quest that uses it). 

5 hours ago, jcochran said:

Yes, the spider cave has a lot of nodes used for a quest. And those nodes respawn quite rapidly and provide skill ups to miners. So if you're skilled enough to mine tin, go to the spider cave and have at it until your skill reaches 125. And you'll most likely have a lot of Incenderite in your bags afterwards. You can either vendor the stuff, or you can put it up on the auction house in stacks of 6 (the number needed for the quest that uses it). 

Awesome thanks, always pass that place but never been inside, even way back in retail ;3

@Yunogasai

I cant believe how many times I've linked this is the past 2 weeks but bellow is a link to a thread under the UI, Addons and Macro's section. On page 1, third comment from the bottom you will link a download link to a FULL database for the Gatherer mod. On page 2 (by the same guy) is a "how to" guide to installing this database into the mod.

https://forum.elysium-project.org/topic/34639-request-gatherer-with-full-database/

Once you have this installed and up and running life will become infinitely easier, you'll be able to press "M" for map, see all the silver viens in your zone and be able to run straight to them to see if the nodes are available or not! Easymode farming/leveling!

On 1/1/2017 at 11:06 PM, Zarant said:

There is a cave in wetlands with some stuff that are used for some random alliance quest. Since most people skip this quest, its a great place to level mining skill from 100-125.

I was going to suggest this.. I gained 20 skill points at least in this cave alone, and even got a few silver veins!