Raziya

Hunter Macros & Tips [Redux]

20 minutes ago, Roxanne Flowers said:

I actually have SuperMacro with its 7000 character extended LUA, but I'm trying not to use that so as to make macros that work even without use of SuperMacro.

Yea. I figured that might have been the case. (:

Do you use any specialized macros except for the one on the previous page and those provided by Raziya? 

Even as I type, I'm researching modifications to my Raptor Strike, Mongoose Bite and Counterattack macros that I use on my Melee Hunter build so as to conditional use of Dash and Dive upon the Target being 10 yards or more away from me so that my Pet isn't always burning up Dash and Dive while hanging around beside me in melee.  I'll be posting those over in my Beast o' Melee Hunter thread though.

Damn, Roxanne. I went one page back, scrolled up and thought I was in a different thread. "What? This isn't the OP I wrote!" XD Always so verbose, you. :)

About the dash and dive distance thing, I dunno if it works on pets, but it certainly works for the player. Check my extended Auto Shot macro, I believe it's in section 2.2.1. It does a distance check to determine if it should call Auto Shot or Attack.

Yeah well ... I've been ... busy today with updating the macros on my Hunter.  You can see the fruits of my labors over in my Beast o' Melee Hunter thread which puts the macros I'm using for my decidedly off-meta build into their proper context, and the structural reasons for (re)writing them the way I did.  Feel free to swipe any that strike your fancy for your thread here, since I know you're good on providing credit for creations.

I even managed to not only make my Disengage macro use better conditionals than what I'd been first attempting, but also found a way to cram ALL of the functionality I was looking for into a mere 245/255 characters.  It casts Disengage under the right conditions, rather than just asking if you've got a target selected.  It toggles Cower and Growl so they "flip" against each other properly for easy aggro trading between Hunter and Pet, allowing for Tandem Tanking to be easier to realize and execute successfully.  It even has a properly coded conditional test for invoking either Dash or Dive only against hostile targets and not against friendlies or when no target is selected, preventing the "wasting" of Dash or Dive cooldowns and Focus (even though Focus recovery is total non-issue with my Pet's skills).

Likewise I tested to see if the CheckInteractDistance function could be use in an IF NOT THEN statement as a conditional for making my Pet only cast Dash or Dive when my selected target is 10+ yards away from my Hunter (no way to check how far away a Pet is from my target, unfortunately) and got it to work.  Again, this preserves Dash/Dive for only those situations and circumstances where it ought to be used in a context where the Pet is expected to be located alongside the Hunter to support in melee, rather than at range tanking for the Hunter.  This allows CheckInteractDistance between Hunter and target to serve as a workable stand-in proxy for determining distance between Pet and target so long as the Pet is Following the Hunter.  No more leaving Dash/Dive on autocast.

Might be worth your while to have a look and see if there's anything useful to you in the update I posted.  ^_~

One thing I will say is that updating all my Hunter macros today more than once felt like this while I was working on perfecting them.  Now that I'm essentially done with rewriting them, the experience of working on them feels like this in retrospect.  Looking forward at leveling the rest of the way from 33 to 60 feels like this in terms of anticipation.

Just thought I'd let you guys know that if you download the !toggle add-on it makes it to where you can not toggle off your auto shoot, attack, or wand.

This made my macros so much simpler. 

So instead of 

/script if GetUnitName("target")==nil then TargetNearestEnemy() end
/cast Arcane Shot(rank 1)
/script if not IsAutoRepeatAction(3) then CastSpellByName("Auto Shot"); end

I use

/script if GetUnitName("target")==nil then TargetNearestEnemy() end
/cast Arcane Shot(rank 1)
/cast Auto Shot

You can change out any auto shot script with it if you want to simplify the macro or just make it shorter so you don't go over 255 if you dont use Supermacros. Also you would not have to change the (3) in IsAutoRepeatAction(3) because that part would no longer exist. 

This helps if you have a caster alt as well and hate accidentally toggling off your wand while trying to spam the keybind.

Here is the link. For it to work the folder has to be re-named to "!toggle" in your add-ons folder

https://github.com/shirsig/notoggle

Not really a hunter macro, but if you use Arrows Are For Sissies quest a lot, this macro helps to save some time:

/run AcceptQuest()
/run CompleteQuest()
/run GetQuestReward(1)

You need to talk to the NPC and then tap this macro twice. 

8 hours ago, Oakenlix said:

Not really a hunter macro, but if you use Arrows Are For Sissies quest a lot, this macro helps to save some time:

/run AcceptQuest()
/run CompleteQuest()
/run GetQuestReward(1)

You need to talk to the NPC and then tap this macro twice. 

That's really neat, but I strongly recommend the LazyPig addon, which allows you to turn in the quest by simply holding down shift while spam right-clicking the guy, among plenty of other convenient functions. Try it! :D

4 minutes ago, Raziya said:

That's really neat, but I strongly recommend the LazyPig addon, which allows you to turn in the quest by simply holding down shift while spam right-clicking the guy, among plenty of other convenient functions. Try it! :D

Hmm, thanks, I guess I should finally embrace the lazy pig inside me and install the addon. Also the macro to sell greys causes disconnects quite often, another reason to go for it.

2 hours ago, Oakenlix said:

Hmm, thanks, I guess I should finally embrace the lazy pig inside me and install the addon. Also the macro to sell greys causes disconnects quite often, another reason to go for it.

I didn't know there was a macro to sell grays too. :D But LazyPig does that too! As you apparently know already. lol

8 hours ago, Raziya said:

Mara [Redux] is done. Link added to the OP.

Great stuff man! Can't wait to try it out!

Thanks for the hard work friend! Really appreciate some of these macros, quality of life improvements. I want to ask you though, isn't it important to have a line to make your pet stop attacking in your FD+trap macro? It seems to me that I enter combat instantly if my pet is still attacking something when I go to trap, preventing me from laying a trap and essentially wasting FD.

These macros will get you yelled at in a party if you don' know how to play. What would make me happy would be a way to make my right click start ranged attack without making it lose all of its other functions.. you know, like it does on live lol.. but closest you can come is binding a keybind to do it

Hello all,

Dude wtf it's one the fulliest guide I've ever seen in my 15 year of WoW experience, especially on Vanilla server.

Thanks for every tips, things, videos and so on in  this guide. It will be my Bible for now and even when I will go on WoW Classic.

Thanks again.

Hey guys! I'm sorry I haven't replied in a while, but I stopped on just in case someone needed something! I see I saw right!

@Lelele - You can use a /script CastPetAction(10); to make it cast the 10th spell on your pet's action bar. By default, that's passive!

@Romj - Hey, it's my pleasure! If you need anything else, hit me up on YouTube, okay? I'll still be putting out tutorials and stuff, even though I'm not around here!

/script CastSpellByName(“Hunter’s Mark”);PetAttack();CastSpellByName(“Auto Shot”);

Basic mark, pet attack, auto shot. What am I doing wrong?