Lifealert

4 reasons to roll Nostalrius-PvP over Elysium

6 hours ago, Zachb34 said:

This thread is sort of like someone arguing that a 90 year old woman is better looking than 18 year old one. 

k

nostarlius is a 18 year old women and elysium pvp is a 1 year old baby

On 1/9/2017 at 9:21 PM, Lifealert said:

NUMBER ONE - Queue

Elysium constantly has a queue, while Nostalrius only has a queue during EU primetime. At this very moment (Monday, Jan 9th) it's NA primetime (9pm EST, 6pm PST) and Nostalrius is at 7000 population and Elysium is at 12,000 with a 2k+ queue with a 2 to 3 hour estimated wait time. During EU primetime it's even worse. For most people the fresh launch experience is over and everyone is already above level 20. Sad to say but most people just missed out already. 

NUMBER TWO - Better leveling experience

Quest mobs on Elysium are constantly being slain with most people unable to complete quests in a timely fashion. Nostalrius PvP with its lower population of leveling persons provides a perfect leveling experience that is closest to what you remember. 

NUMBER THREE - Better raiding experience

With BWL/ZG out and AQ20/40 expected to be released within two months time Nostalrius PvP has a better raiding experience while Elysium will be stuck at MC/Onyxia for the next 7+ months. People always have concerns about playing catch up, but I assure you that if you make friends and/or roll an in demand class then catching up with current content is not as difficult as it is made out to be. 

NUMBER FOUR - Black Lotus

Elysium Black Lotus will be BoP until ZG. This means that those who do not have alchemy and herbalism will have to pay outrageous prices for flasks. People always try to downplay the usefulness of flasks when this point is brought up, but remember that there are several months between BWL's release and ZG's release. Flasks are useful in MC, but even more so when doing BWL. Nostalrius black lotus is at an all time low and players can create flasks at relatively inexpensive prices. 

#1 Queue was true better with new server dropping tommorow.

#2 Nope Nost leveling was shit camped by level 60s all day even with the over populous news server better leveling experience.

#3 A true fresh start is always more fune.

#4 Fuck lotus.

Sorry all you nost prophets are false saying the new server is shit and telling everyone to fuck off your server now you want that population back. Nost players on the old server are a pack of hasbeens. 

GG Nostralius. 

13 hours ago, Shridevi said:

Of course it fucking matters.  I did come back mid-Cata and missed the entire FL progression.

You prepare for the raid launch.  You have a group of friends in a guild and everyone invests time and effort into killing the first boss.  There are fights, drama, laughter, eventually you succeed, the boss drops loot, you get DKP or an item, everyone is happy, the reward center of the brain lights up, and you move onto the second boss.  This continues until it's cleared.  This is part of the FUCKING game.  It's not part of the game to skip the entire Onyxia attunement quest line because AQ20 and AQ40 are already out by the time you hit 60.  You trade the entire above-mentioned raid experience with taking a trip to the BWL Orchards and farming free shit like a lowly leech.

The Nost PVP purists are no different than retailers insisting that everyone should play their version of the game because it's the most "valid" and the best.  Fuck off.

Firelands was crap and so is molten core.

14 hours ago, kegboy said:

nostarlius is a 18 year old women and elysium pvp is a 1 year old baby

I prefer Elysium ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

and there is one reason why not to roll on nost pvp ever again

lol

10 minutes ago, szuszak said:

and there is one reason why not to roll on nost pvp ever again

lol

At first I was :^)

But then I :^(

Just now, CatsCantDPS said:

At first I was :^)

But then I :^(

i know

i feel bad for the ppl that will get their chars deleted

but the op was a fag 

6 hours ago, szuszak said:

i know

i feel bad for the ppl that will get their chars deleted

but the op was a fag 

Please know what you're talking about before you post again.

Logged into my Nostalrius (Anathema) character right now. 

New server is fine old server is fine.

Many of the people that played on Nost where geared to the teeth with consumables stacked to last them the entire AQ and had finished ranking in pvp. Naturally those people instead of raid log choose to lvl a character on one of the new realms those weeks.

My prediction: When War Effort begins Nost will be so full that us who still play on it gonna be crying a bit inside. No good players or guild is gonna be stack doing MC for the next 1 year especially after the constant rerolls people where forced to do after Nost shutdown.

In any case all realms are healthy Zethkur included and that's a very good thing.

Edited by Beepy

2 minutes ago, squaw said:

Reason number 5: You can buy Full T2 + Rank 14 at the click of a button! :^)

don't forget a 0.5sec shadowbolt :D

2 hours ago, squaw said:

Reason number 5: You can buy Full T2 + Rank 14 at the click of a button! :^)

technically you could do this for any of the servers.

anyway this thread is irrelevant since zeth'kur was (stupidly imo) put online. 

Your fresh experience is over BTW since MC has already been cleared. The point about bored level 60s killing lowbies on Anathema is moot since it has already begun on Elysium. 

come to anathema for aq40 btw

Edited by Lifealert

10 minutes ago, Lifealert said:

zeth'kur was (stupidly imo) put online.

Couldn't agree more. Seemed like an impulse decision.

Edited by Kazuma

What are you talking about, ZethKur is dope as fuck. Not  super overpopulated,  usually like 7.5k at prime time down to around 3k at 3am ish. Never a queue. No delay on skills/looting/vendoring etc.

ZethKur was a fucking life saver for people like me who didn't want to play my BWL geared characters on Anathema or sit in queue for hours on Elysium or deal with the lag/delay that I had to on both of those servers.

<3 them for bringing ZethKur to us.

Yeah I was just reading up on some it and honestly I'm not too worried. I imagine we'll hear something about it on twitter today, then in the coming days it'll get fixed and maybe we'll need some roll backs or something.

I don't think the project is suddenly going to die or anything like that, it'll probably be fine a week from now.

Ignore these doomsayers; retail wow has hackers, botters, gold sellers, and exploiters galore, and they are still the most played mmorpg in existance.

Some things take longer to identify and remove. Elysium is working with their code that was based on Nostalrius's code, which was based on mangos code, which is based on hundreds of people's work on the code, all starting from one guy trying to gain access to world of warcraft alpha files back in 2003.

Move along.

10 hours ago, Lifealert said:

Your fresh experience is over BTW since MC has already been cleared. The point about bored level 60s killing lowbies on Anathema is moot since it has already begun on Elysium. 

That doesn't change anything.

Elysium-PvP runs still on patch 1.2 and most of the players are NOT level 60.

Who cares about the 1337 players who will always rush through content?

I'm not one of them. I'm not part of the firstkill race. But I enjoy being a part of the fresh server experience.

51 minutes ago, noob257 said:

That doesn't change anything.

Elysium-PvP runs still on patch 1.2 and most of the players are NOT level 60.

Who cares about the 1337 players who will always rush through content?

I'm not one of them. I'm not part of the firstkill race. But I enjoy being a part of the fresh server experience.

1337 players? Most people ARE 60 now and are already bored. 

10 hours ago, Ntbud said:

What are you talking about, ZethKur is dope as fuck. Not  super overpopulated,  usually like 7.5k at prime time down to around 3k at 3am ish. Never a queue. No delay on skills/looting/vendoring etc.

ZethKur was a fucking life saver for people like me who didn't want to play my BWL geared characters on Anathema or sit in queue for hours on Elysium or deal with the lag/delay that I had to on both of those servers.

<3 them for bringing ZethKur to us.

You guys are dead-er than Anathema with like 1500 people on during Australian prime time lmao

Now elysium has 7500 people on at AUS primetime. Making ZethKur was a waste because we all knew that the initial hype would die down and there wouldn't be a queue anymore. 

Your server is nothing but an overflow server. People will roll Anathema for AQ and others will roll Elysium for a "fresh" experience. Zethkur is at Emerald Dream levels of population. 

Edited by Lifealert

9 minutes ago, Lifealert said:

1337 players? Most people ARE 60 now and are already bored. 

Of course, MOST of the players...

According to my Census+ there are about 100 players on alliance who are level 60.

edit: Updated Census+

112 alliance characters on level 60 and 65 of them online right now.

Meanwhile: Population: 9911

Edited by noob257