Sign in to follow this  
Lashab

Why not add new features?

Hello everyone. I know this is vanilla server but why not enhance it without changing core aspects?   

1) Addition of guild bank would be nice.

2) Addition of few more class quests for some classes who currently lack them.

3) Improvement of fishing. 

I don't understand why people think vanilla had everything ideal. If that was so, then why play 1.12.1 patch. Go and play 1.6.0 or even earlier. Some additions should be welcomed after all the bugs and other minor problems are fixed.

I think one the main fears people have is this is how retail became bad, 1 small change here 1 small change there before you know it, this isn't vanilla.

Edited by evaniwastaken

1 hour ago, Lashab said:

I don't understand why people think vanilla had everything ideal. If that was so, then why play 1.12.1 patch. Go and play 1.6.0 or even earlier. Some additions should be welcomed after all the bugs and other minor problems are fixed.

None said vanilla had everything ideal, it's far from that. We love it as it is, no matter the cons or pros, it's a beautiful mess we all appreciate.

Agreed with the no - comments. This is vanilla. The client is 1.12.1, NOT for the reason OP might think (updates better then earlier, ftw..), but the simple fact that if client was ie. 1.4, and Elysium would add 1.5, it would be a total trollfest in forums by ppl trying to find the 1.5 patch somewhere. Not to mention if Elysium would provide the patch (I mean the CLIENT patch), it would *really* вау up the domain and maby servers while all (probably atm over 100 000?) players would try to download it.

So no, client patch 1.12.1 with earlier server content is best.

P.S. After thinking it for a while, there is just *one* thing I'd change here. If the old Outland from Alpha is still in the maps (Dunno, know just that it was in game files some point in Vanilla...), I'd make it a 60lvl-only PvP area with no objects or rules; other then GY's having small areas where you'd be flagged to no pvp to prevent gy camping, and portals accessible only at 60 from SW / Ogr.

Know that's not Blizzlike, aswell as it's never ever ever gonna happen; was just wondering with "what would I change if I had the power" - mentality....

Guys, what I mean is that these patches were coming out to add or fix some stuff. So the game was always meant to progress somewhere. That's what I mean.

Staying at 1.12.1 for ever is not in the spirit of the game.

The developers of this server announced that Cloak of Fire would not benefit from +spell damage, and remind me in which patch was it actually fixed as I remember there were many items from vanilla that scaled with Spell Power until later expansions. 

Was it Skullflame shield that scaled with Spellpower? I am not sure. In any case, Vanilla is great but nothing wrong with minor additions once in a while. 

Staying at 1.12.1 for ever is not in the spirit of the game.

No, and after that we might see a TBC server. But until that time we won't have any non-Blizzlike suggestions. if you want those, go play retail or any "fun-server" you want.

So can I have an answer? Did the developer team change vanilla when they removed spell damage bonus on several items?

4 hours ago, evaniwastaken said:

I think one the main fears people have is this is how retail became bad, 1 small change here 1 small change there before you know it, this isn't vanilla.

Why exactly does everyone scream "SLIPPERY SLOPE! GAME IS GONNA TURN INTO RETAIL!" any time someone suggests even a minor change?

Vanilla isn't perfect. Not agreeing with OP, I'm just saying. "changes" aren't what made retail bad, BAD changes, are what made it bad.

We cannot modify the client. All of your suggestions would require modifying the client. Furthermore, we are not about creating a custom server but trying to emulate vanilla WoW as closely as possible.