Guest Fenrir

Addressing Recent Concerns about Created Characters

1 minute ago, taladril said:

Not really whining.

1 minute ago, taladril said:

Yes I guess I am whining about whiners.

Well thank god we got there in the end. 

2 minutes ago, Oakenlix said:

No he isn't, get you head out of your ass and read his post again.

I mean mate he literally admitted to whining about whiners in a post containing even more whining than before. 

@Serakta Link me one thing positive that you have brought to this forum. You say I bring the community down so much, well prove you have any kind of high road.

Just now, taladril said:

@Serakta Link me one thing positive that you have brought to this forum. You say I bring the community down so much, well prove you have any kind of high road.

I never said you bring the community down and I never claimed to be any better. 

19 minutes ago, Serakta said:

Maybe if you stopped being condescending and horrible to the people bitching (while bitching yourself of course) this community wouldn't be rapidly going down the drain.

AKA don't bring the community down.

1 hour ago, Fenrir said:

Public witch hunts of specific players is against the rules of our server and our subreddit and any further posts will be removed. There have been ‘false positive’ reports about certain players and your witch hunts are killing their playing experience. Any more reports about specific characters who you believe should be investigated should be reported through our in-game ticketing system. The GMs then forward those names to me and the rest of our investigation team. I should also mention that links to Realmplayers profiles are not definitive proof that any shady business has occurred. Realmplayers is not an official armory for our server, so while the information provided by the Realmplayers service can be useful to our investigation, we have much better tools to confirm the legitimacy of specific players.

This is laughable. Those who were reported falsely were quickly debunked by other members. You've been removing threads instead of locking them with a reasonable explanation. And now you're threatening to remove any further posts linking to boosted characters. You want it to investigated by you only and in the dark for the rest of us. Why? Do you have anything to do within the business of selling boosted characters?

Just now, taladril said:

AKA don't bring the community down.

I said maybe, I wasn't saying that you bring down the community, I was merely making a suggestion. 

1 hour ago, Fenrir said:

. I should also mention that links to Realmplayers profiles are not definitive proof that any shady business has occurred. Realmplayers is not an official armory for our server, so while the information provided by the Realmplayers service can be useful to our investigation, we have much better tools to confirm the legitimacy of specific players.

yet realmplayers was literally the reason you even found out about this in the first place

l  u  l

16 minutes ago, Serakta said:

I mean mate he literally admitted to whining about whiners in a post containing even more whining than before. 

Right, but there was nothing akin to whining in his first post, so unless you claim you have supernatural powers and knew it beforehand, my point stands - making fun of and ridiculing someone isn't whining. :)

2 minutes ago, Oakenlix said:

Right, but there was nothing akin to whining in his first post, so unless you claim you have supernatural powers and knew it beforehand, my point stands - making fun of and ridiculing someone isn't whining. :)

No he was whining, he admitted it mate. Give it up. 

Just now, Serakta said:

No he was whining, he admitted it mate. Give it up. 

I'm indeed giving it up, but for another reason, because no he didnt and no, you are wrong.

Just now, Oakenlix said:

I'm indeed giving it up, but for another reason, because no he didnt and no, you are wrong.

*leans into mic*

WRONG

Just now, Serakta said:

*leans into mic*

WRONG

My English teacher told me its not polite to say "wrong" in capital letters to someone. I therefore am highly offended and thus remove myself from this thread.

Edited by Oakenlix

So you lead people to believe the maintenance "isolated" issue was resolved by recruiting the infiltrator to the team.

However now, you're claiming that yet another person was able to have acces, AS WELL as the issue being "isolated" on only Anathema.

So if we come to find the "isolated" issue has spread to other servers, knowing your previous incompetence of being thorough with your clean-up, this will make you look extremely unrealible security-wise, to the point where one can easily assume staff-corruption is at work.

16 minutes ago, Oakenlix said:

My English teacher told me its not polite to say "wrong" in capital letters to someone. I therefore am highly offended and thus remove myself from this thread.

Hopefully this is the last time you claim to be removing yourself from the thread. It really would be better without you. 

3 minutes ago, Serakta said:

Hopefully this is the last time you claim to be removing yourself from the thread. It really would be better without you. 

Alright I'm bringing myself back for this occurence, what the fuck are you talking about?

Me giving up meant giving up on convincing you that the first post of that guy wasn't whining, since you're seemingly too dumb to realize it, it didn't mean I'm quitting the thread, you insignificant piece of gay.

Edited by Oakenlix

What is the point of all these posts telling people to stop whining?

Skepticism is healthy, it keeps everyone accountable. Do you really think this QA post would have been made today if it hadn't been for the recent flood of posts which you guys label as "whining" or "bitching" ?

People care about this server so they're going to freak out about issues that arise. If you don't like it save yourself the headache and don't read it

If not for complaining and witch hunting, they wouldn't have even known about any of their issues.

TUNE IN BOIS!!! More coming soon I'm sure...

The fact you're using the terms "created characters" tells much about how you plan to handle PR related issues.

Call a cat a cat for once. You fucked up pretty hard with the admin gm commands shitstorm you pretended to have fixed once and for all with the maintenance. Obviously it's not the case. 

When are you going to acknowledge this is still going on and the extent of the issue is way bigger than you would want to admit ? Or simply that there's 1 guy running around doing whatever he wants still with admin privileges and that it requires the server to be down while you search for and find him ?

How hard can it be to understand it has impacted and is still impacting the server in worst ways possible ? We've already noticed the consequences in both pvp and pve. Let me tell you, it still happened as of today. 

Why are you covering these accounts / players so hard ? Why are you deleting threads exposing compromised accounts / characters ? You obviously aren't capable enough of tracking them down yourselves. Community has to point huge fingers at these accounts / players through clickbait thread titles in order for you to react days later.

Ingame tickets are not getting answered at all even though they relate to major issues. I've waited over 24 hours on a ticket. How many GMs are assigned to Anathema ? Yet you delete threads. If you aren't able to ensure this is fixed and not happening again, why refrain the community from doing it ?? Who will do if not the staff nor the community ???

Maybe Nost staff or yours should have listened when it was asked for VPN connections to game servers to not be allowed, plain and simple. Other projects have done it and it has shown great results. Allowing VPN connections is what started the plague you have to deal right now. Ban one account, they'll just make 5 more. You aren't fixing the problem at its roots and core. 

Edited by Slicy

1 hour ago, Slicy said:

Maybe Nost staff or yours should have listened when it was asked for VPN connections to game servers to not be allowed, plain and simple. Other projects have done it and it has shown great results. Allowing VPN connections is what started the plague you have to deal right now. Ban one account, they'll just make 5 more. You aren't fixing the problem at its roots and core. 

What you're saying about VPN connections makes a lot of sense. Any idea why they didn't prevent this? They should've handled the request somewhere I'd assume.

Also I kind of like the thread title, "Addressing Recent Concerns about Created Characters". "Recent Concerns"... It's as if it has only concerned us, the ones talking about it at the forums.

5 hours ago, Serakta said:

Looks like we shouldn't expect anymore responses. They made one very vague post about the issues and now they fuck off to not communicating again. 

"They haven't said anything in a few hours, OBVIOUSLY THEY'RE IGNORING US AND TRYING TO COVER UP THEIR LIES!!!"

you fucking people, I swear...

51 minutes ago, Wirt said:

What you're saying about VPN connections makes a lot of sense. Any idea why they didn't prevent this? They should've handled the request somewhere I'd assume.

Also I kind of like the thread title, "Addressing Recent Concerns about Created Characters". "Recent Concerns"... It's as if it has only concerned us, the ones talking about it at the forums.

the counterargument to VPN banning tends to be that by doing so, you deny access to regular chinese players who just want to circumvent the great firewall of china and play like the rest of us. 

kronos banned VPNs early last year and subsequently got DDOS'd into the ground. a lot of people speculated that the DDOS was a retaliation effort by chinese gold farmers who could no longer connect.

nevertheless i'm for it

6 minutes ago, squaw said:

the counterargument to VPN banning tends to be that by doing so, you deny access to regular chinese players who just want to circumvent the great firewall of china and play like the rest of us. 

kronos banned VPNs early last year and subsequently got DDOS'd into the ground. a lot of people speculated that the DDOS was a retaliation effort by chinese gold farmers who could no longer connect.

nevertheless i'm for it

Have you ever heard of issues like this, on the Kronos Realms?

I'm not Fan-boiiiiii posting.   I'm asking a genuine question.