SquareBe

fishing schools?

19 posts in this topic

just wondering if they are in the game? or im just that unlucky to miss them completely. dont remember correctly how they look like before that sparkly effect tho...

pool/school w/e you wanna call it. I'd say school is more accurate since you are fishing from a concentrated area of a specific kind of "fish" in a river/sea.

How are we supposed to acquire Oily Blackmouth for Free Action Potions? I've been fishing for 15 25 min and I haven't fished a single Oily Blackmouth.

Edited by metagame

I noticed in the patch notes that Fishing pools have been removed from all servers. I have not checked to see if they have been removed on Anathema PVP. If they are gone does that mean they will come out with the AQ release?

According to Development Update 12.01.2017 The Stranglethorn Fishing Extravaganza event should now be fixed. If i remeber correctly the event require schools to fish from? I have not seen any schools anywhere yet.

22 hours ago, metagame said:

How are we supposed to acquire Oily Blackmouth for Free Action Potions? I've been fishing for 15 25 min and I haven't fished a single Oily Blackmouth.

Exactly! Now we all have the recipe. Even tough both the recipe and the fish type were introduced in 1.11.
Imho those shouldnt have been in from the start. But considering that there's recipes depending on such fish types perhaps they should just be re-introduced.

On 1/26/2017 at 3:02 AM, nooobieee said:

I saw pools in Tanaris tonight. So they're not gone from Anathema.

Anathema is on a patch that has them.

I've caught plenty of oily blackmouth on Darrowshire (patch 1.5). In 20 minutes of fishing I caught 7 blackmouth and 3 nightfin.

There is NO fishing schools! I can't find any.

But; How do we catch Sagefish, when they only drop in schools?

I don't understand what's going on either.

There were abundant schools Before a recent patch, then they were completely removed, which spiked the price of Oily Blackmouths impossibly. Also other fish, and the Potions from them get unreachable due to insane prices.
Then there was the Gates of AQ patch on Anathema, and it was supposed to bring back fish schools, but did that only in tanaris and STV.

Has anyone got any additional INFO about this?

IMO the Fish schools are a much better way to fish, makes you move around and possibly fight for your fishing spot. Now it's just boring af, standing at the nearest to FP water and casting bate.

#Bringbackgoodfishing

Cheers

On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 4:06 PM, histortion said:

Anathema is on a patch that has them.

I've caught plenty of oily blackmouth on Darrowshire (patch 1.5). In 20 minutes of fishing I caught 7 blackmouth and 3 nightfin.

Please tell me where!!! I have looked and fished everywhere.... where are you finding oily blackmouth on Darrowshire and what lvl fishing are you?

There are LIMITED spots for fishing pools.     Even zones that contain some pools of fish and floating wreckage do not have all of the spawn points up.

To be more specific - Patch 1.9 added Oily Blackmouth, Firefin and Floating Wreckage.  Patch 1.11 added Stonescale Eel.

ye there a lot of invisible fishing pools also now after this 'update'. u can fish stonescale eel in tanaris if you know the location of the pool with coordinates. this is all just lol.

ok.   i see pools in fresh water (lakes or rivers) nothing along coasts?

Edited by Mithi_Churi

On 4/2/2017 at 4:53 PM, Deava said:

Please tell me where!!! I have looked and fished everywhere.... where are you finding oily blackmouth on Darrowshire and what lvl fishing are you?

Hillsbrad Foothills, and 150 is where you wanna be. 

Ive not seen a single fish pool since I started playing. Level 32 now. I just figured they were not implemented on Darrowshire server.