shagu

[AddOn] ShaguPlates

Hi,

Again, I've exported all the changes that I made on the pfUI-nameplates to the ShaguPlates Project.
This time there are alot of changes and way more than the usual updates. That's because I've completely
redone the whole export. So please, if you experience any issues with the latest version then report here.

Changes:

- Support for all locales
- Some Spell Interrupts ("Shield Bash", "Pummel", "Kick" and "Earth Shock" so far.)
- Massive Performance Improvements
- A new Configuration UI because the CLI was pain (Screenshot 2)
- All fixes that have been made in pfUI
- Config Dialog can be opened via "/shaguplates" or "/sp"

ShaguPlates.jpg

enLVPzR.jpg

Download: http://shagu.org/shagucollection/files/ShaguPlates.zip

Edited by shagu

Hello Shagu ! Thanks a lot for this wonderful addon :)

I've got a proposition ! Would it be possible to have the bars transparent by default, instead of having them non transparent all the time ?
They become transparent when you have a target, would be nice to have them transparent all the time and have only your target nameplate become non transparent :D
(i've been trying to look into the lua to modify it, but i'm kinda bad at it right now ^^ still learning)

Keep up the good work

edit : i can pm you raid videos where it's kind of a problem, ie suppression room

Edited by Ayeri

Awesome improvements!

About the GUI though, at least for me the buttons on the bottom are behind my action bars. Could be a Bartender thing, but I have no idea how to change what is on what layer. I feel like menus should always be on top.

e0AazsM.png

CustomNamePlates used to have a crosshairs icon above the targeted nameplate, perhaps there could be an option similar to that that could be toggled on/off for additional visibility of the selected target?

1 minute ago, void_echo said:

e0AazsM.png

CustomNamePlates used to have a crosshairs icon above the targeted nameplate, perhaps there could be an option similar to that that could be toggled on/off for additional visibility of the selected target?

Oh please do it !

Does pfUI have the same customization for nameplates that ShaguPlates does?  Or do I use both at once? I'm not sure which version of pfUI I'm running, I got it from github recently.  I noticed that the plates do not show a cast bar and I don't see an option to turn them on in pfUI.

7 minutes ago, Maez said:

I noticed that the plates do not show a cast bar and I don't see an option to turn them on in pfUI.

Well, you just gotta have to look better then.

21 hours ago, Cruzix said:

Well, you just gotta have to look better then.

I was mistaken, I do have it set... the problem is that it doesn't show *some* spells... like for instance when I did WC last night it did not show cast bars for the Druids of the Fang when they cast Healing Touch, but it showed Druid Slumber and Lightning Bolt just fine.  Also I noticed this on the same character when I was fighting Scarlet Friars, it wasn't showing their heal spell.

Thanks @shagu for making these addons, they both look sleek and I love that it takes such little setup.  I can even run them on my crappy laptop because they seem to use such low memory for what they do.

22 hours ago, pvescrub said:

Awesome improvements!

About the GUI though, at least for me the buttons on the bottom are behind my action bars. Could be a Bartender thing, but I have no idea how to change what is on what layer. I feel like menus should always be on top.

Thanks for your input. The Configuration Dialog is now movable.

22 hours ago, Maez said:

Does pfUI have the same customization for nameplates that ShaguPlates does?  Or do I use both at once? I'm not sure which version of pfUI I'm running, I got it from github recently.  I noticed that the plates do not show a cast bar and I don't see an option to turn them on in pfUI.

Yes. Because ShaguPlates are nothing more than stand-alone pfUI-plates.

39 minutes ago, Maez said:

I was mistaken, I do have it set... the problem is that it doesn't show *some* spells... like for instance when I did WC last night it did not show cast bars for the Druids of the Fang when they cast Healing Touch, but it showed Druid Slumber and Lightning Bolt just fine.  Also I noticed this on the same character when I was fighting Scarlet Friars, it wasn't showing their heal spell.

A List of all spells that should be supported can be found here: https://github.com/shagu/ShaguCollection/blob/master/ShaguPlates/env/locales_enUS.lua#L8-L1271

1 hour ago, Maez said:

it doesn't show *some* spells...

The problem is on the server side, next time you fight try opening the combat log, that mobsters cast doesn't trigger CL event(e.g. 'Druid of the Fang starts casting Healing Touch')

Hey @shagu I just stumbled upon this addon and I gotta say its amazing. Being able to hold right click and strafe without nameplates interfering but still being able to actually click the nameplates to target things, is something that I've been missing a lot since I started playing vanilla.

However I do find the nameplates a little too thin and I was wondering if you could make it so one could adjust the size of the nameplates + castbar themselves?
Also I would love it if you could make an option to hide nameplates of critters and the whelps from BWL suppression room.

On 12.02.2017 at 6:28 PM, shagu said:

Hi buddy,

I have not used this new version yet.

Have you noticed, in the old version when you click on or around a nameplate to turn your camera around, it doesn't register like a click. I mean you can't move camera around.

To be even more clear, nameplates and some blank space aroundd them are not clickable-through. Is it the same with this version? (I'm at work atm)

Edit: yes now its clickable-through. Much better. ty

Edited by orwell

Hey please find below the few ("major") issues I've encountered so far after around 1 week with the addon :

- Spell casting interrupts via kicks (Counterspell, Pummel, Kick) will not make the nameplate casting bar stop (like 80% of the time)

- Spell casting interrupts via CC (Polymorph, Blind, Sap, etc.) will not make the nameplate casting bar stop (same)

- Fakecasting is not taken into account even for the nameplate of current target. The nameplate casting bar will keep going to full spell cast duration even though the cast was canceled early (by cc, kick or manually) and cast again.

Not sure if it's possible to fix these. But if so I do believe reproducing them would be extremely easy in a simple duel.

12 hours ago, Slicy said:

Hey please find below the few ("major") issues I've encountered so far after around 1 week with the addon :

- Spell casting interrupts via kicks (Counterspell, Pummel, Kick) will not make the nameplate casting bar stop (like 80% of the time)

- Spell casting interrupts via CC (Polymorph, Blind, Sap, etc.) will not make the nameplate casting bar stop (same)

- Fakecasting is not taken into account even for the nameplate of current target. The nameplate casting bar will keep going to full spell cast duration even though the cast was canceled early (by cc, kick or manually) and cast again.

Not sure if it's possible to fix these. But if so I do believe reproducing them would be extremely easy in a simple duel.

1. Only Shield Bash, Pummel, Kick and Earthshock are detected at the moment.
2. Yes. That's known and will be done.
3. Not possible in Classic.

1. I have had the issue with Kick I believe since I only played rogue while using the addon. I can send you a record example if it can help. Maybe it's just server lag though idk ^^

2. Coolest beans of the day

3. Alright that is good to know

Thank you very much for the addon and your reply. Lmk if u need any testing and whatnot.

@shagu

On 14/2/2017 at 11:40 AM, Swagkhalifa said:

However I do find the nameplates a little too thin and I was wondering if you could make it so one could adjust the size of the nameplates + castbar themselves?
Also I would love it if you could make an option to hide nameplates of critters and the whelps from BWL suppression room.

bump

Any chance you could make it so the nameplate doesn't show on enemy players with PvP off, and enemy players that are being mind controlled?

Loving the optimisation on this addon, started to work on threat plates.

1488751195-threatplate.png

Anyone else hate units that shares the same name ? :p

Again, I've exported the latest pfUI-nameplates to be usable stand-alone.
So here it is, the new version of ShaguPlates are now released:

Changes
- Nameplates now respect the UIScale Setting
- Option to let all Nameplates overlap <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrYMmacP1sc>
- Option to set Health-Width/Height
- Option to set Castbar-Height
- Option to hide Critters
- Option to only show Players is less buggy
- Option to change font-size

http://shagu.org/shagucollection/

PS: Please don't use them, if you're already running pfUI.

14 hours ago, shagu said:

Again, I've exported the latest pfUI-nameplates to be usable stand-alone.
So here it is, the new version of ShaguPlates are now released:

Changes
- Nameplates now respect the UIScale Setting
- Option to let all Nameplates overlap <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrYMmacP1sc>
- Option to set Health-Width/Height
- Option to set Castbar-Height
- Option to hide Critters
- Option to only show Players is less buggy
- Option to change font-size

http://shagu.org/shagucollection/

PS: Please don't use them, if you're already running pfUI.

Thanks alot!

There was a stupid bug in the class-color detection which is fixed now. Sorry for the inconviniences.