Sign in to follow this  
bend

Absolute Maximum Healing Output Talent Spec?

So my goal was to create a spec with the sole goal of outputting the most healing possible in the least amount of time. Here is what I have come up with so far. http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#0zjLIM0oZZVAcocVV . Basically spam Regrowth with the spec at a 1.5 cast speed due to natures grace and swap targets so you get the full heal. ( ATV would be ideal BG for this ). 

Any Ideas to increase healing further through talents ? General Comments ? I plan to be very good friends with mages to get lots of water.

there are problems with the spec you posted let me point out some of them

5/5 furor - reason to take 5/5 on healer would be feral charge or bash , but if its for bash than you need 2/2 imp enrage , otherwise its waster 5 points

3/3 imp entangling roots - this is pointless , you will get roots from natures grasp in pvp - you have to remember this is vanilla , roots can only be cast OUTSIDE

going for natures grace in balance tree when you want to heal is not the best idea

now from your description you want to spam regrowths

you will go oom to fast

swiftmend+rejuv would be better option tbh on top of cheap lower rank healing touches

http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#0zL0hZxG0oZVecoeq0o here is a more of a pvp healer spec

http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#0zLbhMZZxEcoeqVo - also healing spec but no charge with natures reach 

Edited by szuszak

On 2/12/2017 at 8:23 PM, szuszak said:

[...] going for natures grace in balance tree when you want to heal is not the best idea [...]

Wait, what? Am I missing context here or are you seriously saying that NG is not a good healing talent? Sorry if I have misread anything, but if you really are just saying that, then I would like to offer my deepest condolences because that's just plain wrong.

On 2/14/2017 at 9:09 AM, Cfour said:

Wait, what? Am I missing context here or are you seriously saying that NG is not a good healing talent? Sorry if I have misread anything, but if you really are just saying that, then I would like to offer my deepest condolences because that's just plain wrong.

yeah he went only for nature grace without moonglow or anything else sacrificing 20 talent points for 0.5 sec cast reduction on crit WITHOUT taking such important talents for healing like tranquil spirit , natures swiftness or swiftmend

if you think that NG > NS or swiftmend than i don't even want to read what you think lol

the guy asked about maximum healing and for maximum healing you take swiftmend 

i like that 24/0/27 thats actually nice spec i would totally run something like that if i had spell dmg on gear instead of healing since it looks like it can deal some decent dmg  (but  i think im too attached to feral charge)

Edited by szuszak

Here's the 24/0/27 spec I've just recently started using on my druid alt:

http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#0x0xIMbsZZxgcoxq

So far I'm very impressed with the healing output. I use this with 3pt t2 (sweet setbonus) combined with Darkmoon Card: Blue Dragon and I seem to never be able to go oom anymore due to just mana-efficient the spec combined with gearing choices is. Also, with consumables, raidbuffs and worldbuffs Nature's Grace is proccing like all the time so you're like a healing-machinegun.

TLDR: MUCH more fun than standard "full resto" and simply more efficient.

16 minutes ago, Rafale said:

@Storfan is your spec usable in pvp and/or farming?

I dont know honestly, I do all my farming on other characters. My druid is strictly a healbot.

Your spec is fine if you are going for maximum healing output. If your boss fights last longer you can just mix it up with some ht4 to make your mana last. In a case where there is plenty of people to heal in the raid  this spec will always out heal the other specs, even if you play it a bit more conservatively. If you are tank heals you could try swiftmend because this spec is a waste if you aren't on the raid. In my tests even a conservatively played Ng will out heal an aggressively played swiftmend, but of course every thing depends on the circumstances of the particular boss. Another thing you could do is take a point out of gift of nature and get natures swiftness, then macro that with a heal to get an extra insta heal for emergencies. 

You can vary your mana usage with nature grace by mixing it up with ht4 etc so you could play this spec in a variety of ways. 

I found this spec became useless once there was no one to heal, so better in progression content than when things are on farm. 

Edited by Appletini

On 2/14/2017 at 9:09 AM, Cfour said:

if you understand what the talent actually does, its a wasted 5 points of talents to gain barely 50 healing to the base cost of your highest regrowth rank.

On 2/17/2017 at 5:15 PM, szuszak said:

yeah he went only for nature grace without moonglow or anything else sacrificing 20 talent points for 0.5 sec cast reduction on crit WITHOUT taking such important talents for healing like tranquil spirit , natures swiftness or swiftmend

if you think that NG > NS or swiftmend than i don't even want to read what you think lol

the guy asked about maximum healing and for maximum healing you take swiftmend 

i like that 24/0/27 thats actually nice spec i would totally run something like that if i had spell dmg on gear instead of healing since it looks like it can deal some decent dmg  (but  i think im too attached to feral charge)

a druid who knows how to swiftmend > all.

hands down.

On 13.2.2017 at 2:04 AM, Lorilay said:

Here's my preference for PvE output (requires heavy consumable usage): http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#0zT0IMVoZZxecocaV

This specc should give the maximum output in terms of raw healing. You should be able to do aprox 2000HPS on a short encounter.

Not related to the topic, but personally I prefer deep resto, with a HoT oriented playstyle and R2 HT base heal.

@Duality could u give us your best spec (deep resto) ? I suppose u always use the biggest heal stuff?

On 12/2/2017 at 7:34 PM, bend said:

So my goal was to create a spec with the sole goal of outputting the most healing possible in the least amount of time. Here is what I have come up with so far. http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#0zjLIM0oZZVAcocVV . Basically spam Regrowth with the spec at a 1.5 cast speed due to natures grace and swap targets so you get the full heal. ( ATV would be ideal BG for this ). 

Any Ideas to increase healing further through talents ? General Comments ? I plan to be very good friends with mages to get lots of water.

It has alot to do if with if your horde or alliance. Go deep resto if alliance since you don't have shamans sniping all your hots with chainheal, if horde I would go for some sort of nature grace spec.

ps. Alliance is easymode :) 

Edited by Koboss

In dungeons blues I'm mana starved alot with a rjuv on tanks and r3 HT on raid/tanks with regrowth and NS HT r10 for big spikes, basically i spend all my time casting, zero time for the 5 sec rule.  I want more mana/regen from better gear but the MC drops are mostly meh, happy with my 500 odd healing and chugging those mana pots!  How do things change in BWL?

8 minutes ago, Yipp said:

In dungeons blues I'm mana starved alot with a rjuv on tanks and r3 HT on raid/tanks with regrowth and NS HT r10 for big spikes, basically i spend all my time casting, zero time for the 5 sec rule.  I want more mana/regen from better gear but the MC drops are mostly meh, happy with my 500 odd healing and chugging those mana pots!  How do things change in BWL?

Druid T2 3-piece-bonus (15% additional infight reg inside 5 sec rule) plays an important part for Rank 3/4 Healing Touch being viable. Full T3 will catapult you into other regions, though. That will enable our own Paladin-esque spam mode!

Stacking +heal is one thing, but if you don't hit critical mass, then it is still more efficient to use higher ranks and regrowth/rejuvenation to increase the duration in which you can stay outside the 5 sec rule for full spirit regeneration.

I also want to point out, that it depends highly on the encounter, if low rank HT spam with Moonglow spec is the "highest possible output". Imagine bosses with steady income of damage - if you skilled Rejuvenation, then you can do quite a lot of healing by just spamming it on your raid members. There are of course many other situations, in which HT is not the only spell you use... Bosses with Silence or Counterspell, bosses that need a lot of movement, and so on :)

Edited by Mahtan

yeah i think i just play badly, spend too much time triaging etc.In MC unless your understaffed/Massively undergeared you should generally be able to muddle through, hence my tendancy to blow out early oftens to ensure a kill. At later raids etc thats not a viable option i know. 

yeah mc gear before update is trash - the blues will give you better bonuses

especially the dm ones with mp5

the mc gear gets slightly better after av patch

On 2017-02-13 at 2:04 AM, Lorilay said:

Here's my preference for PvE output (requires heavy consumable usage): http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#0zT0IMVoZZxecocaV

And for PvP healing: http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#0zL0hZVMhoZVtcoeqMo

Do you switch our HT with Regrowth in your rotation here? What rank of regrowth do you use?

10 hours ago, Storfan said:

Do you switch our HT with Regrowth in your rotation here? What rank of regrowth do you use?

I use HT if I'm running out of Mana (with nightfin, Mana oil, and mageblood you can pretty much cast HT4 forever, even without the Mana saving talents).

Otherwise, I pretty much spam rank 5 regrowth and let the other druids worry about rejuv. For fights where you can predict big damage spikes I line up a HT5 to hit just after it.

That reminds me that Regrowth and Rejuvenation coefficents are suspiciously high. As far as I am concerned, Rejuvenation scales to 100% with +heal, but it should only scale to 80% with +heal.

Regrowth is even worse, the HoT alone scales to 100% with +heal, but should only scale to 70% with +heal.

One example of a possible source: http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Spell_power_coefficient?oldid=760204

Needs further testing and better sources...

Edited by Mahtan

I disagree. I have almost the exact same pvp healing gear as the druid in this video, his rejuv and regrowth ticks are pretty close to mine when I'm swiftmend spec (403 and 212).

Edited by Lorilay

Yeah maybe wowwiki was just plain wrong, I never tried to find better sources, just wanted to share that. To be honest the difference between 80% and 100% scaling would not be that much of an impact anyway. And it's a conflict of interest, too... Why should I fight for weaker spells for myself xD

But it is still suspicious... Especially Regrowth. These combination spells work very unique in the way they scale and 100% HoT scaling is quite unlikely to be blizzlike. But again, I am not in the mood to dig deeper into that ^^

Edited by Mahtan