waffelhaus@gmail.com

Training Costs and other issues

im not a big forum guy, this is my first post.

i leveled 2 toons to 60 before BC came out, and i never had problems paying for training..

and yet, here i am about level 30 with 1g50s from questing and 5g or more in training costs..

why is this so expensive?  im going to call this un-blizzlike.

so we have to find some trash mobs to grind for money to train?  is that the intention?

also, why is eye of kilrogg causing aggro to me and dismissing my pet?

also why is 'minor wizard oil' broken?  (doesnt work on any class ive tried)

Edited by [email protected]
clarity

Gotta use the AH. I pretty much only vendor grey items. Everything else I put up for auction.  I'd also suggest picking up enchanting to de any quest rewards you don't need, and herbalism is great end game gold maker.

Edited by Orpheus148

why is 'minor wizard oil' broken?

Because it is not yet available in this patch.

Sell everything on AH! At lvl 30 you can easy make 50-100g++ just from selling things you get while doing quests.

Personally I'm using AUX addon, makes it very easy to sell on AH. There are also Auctioneer.

2 hours ago, Wrathran said:

Sell everything on AH! At lvl 30 you can easy make 50-100g++ just from selling things you get while doing quests.

Personally I'm using AUX addon, makes it very easy to sell on AH. There are also Auctioneer.

Aux addon is amazing 

Starter toons (no sugarr daddy main to feed your toon) read this

Are you training every ability? Don't, only train what you will use on a regular basis.

Are you looting literally Everything you kill? You should. I see way too many dead bodies I cant skin cuz they arnt looted. Thats lost coin for both of us. 

Did you choose 2 gathering professions? Do that and sell what you gather to NPC's 

Are you putting BoE's you get on the AH?  You should. 

Are you buying drinks from vendors? Bad idea. Mages are your friend and you can buy from them at a HUGE discount. Or just use cooking and fishing. Sometimes in a pinch you gotta get some, but avoid vendor food/drink

Do that, and at most by lvl 20ish you will have more than enough gold for training and starting to save for that sweet sweet mount. 

Edited by behemothdog

I got to 40 with money for mount and some spare to train skills.

Im now 48 and have 100g from just questing and loot.

Juat got my first epic ever some lvl 42 axe that has a chance of extra hit. Hope its worth sonething 

Don't train every single spell.

Only train things that you *NEED* while leveling. Especially if it's your first character.

And there are lots of spells that you only need to train rank1, like Frost Nova, Resurrection spells, Overpower, Cleave, etc.

Edited by gotmilk0112

its vanilla like. Was the same in vanilla went up by 5 gold and capped at 50. Then takes forever to go down in cost

AT lvl 40 i hat over 90 gold. I vendored all grays. used the AH to sell. Had skinning.Its not hard to find ways to make gold... this is not retail where gold is tossed at you like candy.

If you're a Rogue for example and train something else beside SS, Evis and Instant / Cripple Poison you're wasting Gold.

You don't need Stealth R2/3 for lvling, thats an easy 6-7g there already,

14 hours ago, behemothdog said:

Starter toons (no sugarr daddy main to feed your toon) read this

Are you training every ability? Don't, only train what you will use on a regular basis.

Are you looting literally Everything you kill? You should. I see way too many dead bodies I cant skin cuz they arnt looted. Thats lost coin for both of us. 

Did you choose 2 gathering professions? Do that and sell what you gather to NPC's 

Are you putting BoE's you get on the AH?  You should. 

Are you buying drinks from vendors? Bad idea. Mages are your friend and you can buy from them at a HUGE discount. Or just use cooking and fishing. Sometimes in a pinch you gotta get some, but avoid vendor food/drink

Do that, and at most by lvl 20ish you will have more than enough gold for training and starting to save for that sweet sweet mount. 

By level 20? Ok, I'd like to know how long it's taking some of you to hit level 20... by 20 on every character I've had maybe 10-20g worth of materials in boe's and trade mats, if that. 

3 minutes ago, Software said:

By level 20? Ok, I'd like to know how long it's taking some of you to hit level 20... by 20 on every character I've had maybe 10-20g worth of materials in boe's and trade mats, if that. 

His advice is good. I pretty much did what he discussed on my toon and by level 38ish I had enough gold for my 40 mount.

13 minutes ago, Software said:

Yep, and thats enough for what I said. That wasn't advice on how to gain massive gold. Just enough for what is NEEDED and starting a mount fund. 

13 minutes ago, Software said:

and remember that also factors in 

14 hours ago, behemothdog said:

Edited by behemothdog

Ill give you a secret tip how i had 1000g at lvl 60 rogue with all skills devilsaur set and epic mount.

From lvl 38 till lvl 44 i was killling elementals in arathi. That was around 40 hours of playtime but i ended up with around 40 gph looted 1 epic and many blues in the process.

Good luck with your farm.

16 minutes ago, behemothdog said:

Yep, and thats enough for what I said. That wasn't advice on how to gain massive gold. Just enough for what is NEEDED and starting a mount fund. 

and remember that also factors in 

Ahhh, I misread it as more than enough for mount training by level 20.

The big difference between Elysium and retail Vanilla is the economy. Back in retail most folks were not running gathering skills. You could easily sell minerals, herbs, and skins for a very good profit on the AH and there was very little competition - at least at the lower levels. On Elysium the markets are flooded. The only thing that keeps minerals and herbs above the vendor price on the AH is their spawn frequency. Most materials from Skinning auction for barely above their vendor sell price.

Another factor is that the economies here have not had enough time to inflate. As you get more level 60's pulling more gold into the economy through coin and grey drops there is more money for them to spend on things like copper ingots to train engineering. Then it gets easier for you to afford your training and mount.

16 minutes ago, qbradq said:

The big difference between Elysium and retail Vanilla is the economy. Back in retail most folks were not running gathering skills. You could easily sell minerals, herbs, and skins for a very good profit on the AH and there was very little competition - at least at the lower levels. On Elysium the markets are flooded. The only thing that keeps minerals and herbs above the vendor price on the AH is their spawn frequency. Most materials from Skinning auction for barely above their vendor sell price.

Another factor is that the economies here have not had enough time to inflate. As you get more level 60's pulling more gold into the economy through coin and grey drops there is more money for them to spend on things like copper ingots to train engineering. Then it gets easier for you to afford your training and mount.

Inflation is bad thing

Just now, mytchi3 said:

Inflation is bad thing

I agree that inflation is typically a bad thing. However I think this is one reason for the perception that money is harder to come by on Elysium than it was in retail vanilla. Retail was more inflated. I remember as a miner I would make circuits of starting zones mining copper because it sold on the AH for 1g per ore at one point just before TBC launched. It was certainly a lot easier to get 90g together for a mount at that time.

1 minute ago, qbradq said:

I agree that inflation is typically a bad thing. However I think this is one reason for the perception that money is harder to come by on Elysium than it was in retail vanilla. Retail was more inflated. I remember as a miner I would make circuits of starting zones mining copper because it sold on the AH for 1g per ore at one point just before TBC launched. It was certainly a lot easier to get 90g together for a mount at that time.

Before tbc release thats the thing this server is at 1.9 patch and aq is not even out yet.

1 hour ago, mytchi3 said:

Before tbc release thats the thing this server is at 1.9 patch and aq is not even out yet.

Yea, I think we're saying the same thing just using different words :) I tend to have that problem a lot. I'm saying that folks tend to remember "retail vanilla" as "just before TBC", not what we have now. It's comparing apples to other, more different apples.

3 hours ago, mytchi3 said:

Ill give you a secret tip how i had 1000g at lvl 60 rogue with all skills devilsaur set and epic mount.

From lvl 38 till lvl 44 i was killling elementals in arathi. That was around 40 hours of playtime but i ended up with around 40 gph looted 1 epic and many blues in the process.

Good luck with your farm.

The fire elementals are heavily farmed. Go there literally any time of day, and there WILL be 1 or 2 people there killing them.

And this is on Darrowshire and its low population. I imagine that on Elysium, there's at least 5-6 people camping that spot at any given time.

2 hours ago, qbradq said:

Same. Even in late TBC, I funded my first character's mount by running around Elwynn and farming copper, selling stacks of copper bars for like 2g each.

On these servers however, you don't start making 2g per stack until Mithril.

45 minutes ago, gotmilk0112 said:

The fire elementals are heavily farmed. Go there literally any time of day, and there WILL be 1 or 2 people there killing them.

And this is on Darrowshire and its low population. I imagine that on Elysium, there's at least 5-6 people camping that spot at any given time.

You assumed fire elementals but i farmed them all. Usually server time from 10am till 16pm was quiet. Eu in work and usa raiding and china sleeping