Cogfather

The War Effort Continues!

war efforts just too big and it's pissing ppl off.

Edited by Ickus

the admins did the exact same thing feenix did. It was absolutely a huge misstep and it needs take care of soon, not later. Don't wait 3-4 weeks to do this. It needs done asap because people seem to be just losing interest.

2 minutes ago, Ickus said:

If that was your intention my bad. I would encourage you to turn stuff in, but you aren't then only one who's doing this which is why scaling the war effort the exact same way Feenix did was a terrible idea. 

Scaling it was fine, as long as the rewards are useful.

Why do 20 copper bars only grant 1 mark while 20 runecloth grant 10 marks?

Why do 20 runecloth grant a high level war chest, while 20 copper bars only give you lvl 15 greens?

Increase the amount of marks and the quality of the war chests you get for these materials to be on par and youll see how quickly people start donating those things in.

Im pretty sure you didnt even know that these materials dont grant the same amount of rewards, because guess what, you probably didnt donate anything so far.

But atleast youre on the forums talking shit out of your ass.

Dude of course I knew the different rewards. I did this shit on retail and other private servers. I just don't care about the rewards. I want the war effort to be done and I've farmed a shit ton of leather and raptor meat to turn in. Stuff doesn't budge . You act like you're the only person who understands the war effort.

Edited by Ickus

Everyday i play i turn in my runecloth. I farm hebs and turn in stranglekelp and arthas tears. Problem is just the numbers.

People do farm and turn in stuff and bars are progressing, just the ammounts are based on some stashes which were never turned in and make everyday turn ins miniscule compared to millions in vaults.

Elysium team will hopefully give this week some scaling done as they announced.  

24 minutes ago, mytchi3 said:

Everyday i play i turn in my runecloth. I farm hebs and turn in stranglekelp and arthas tears. Problem is just the numbers.

People do farm and turn in stuff and bars are progressing, just the ammounts are based on some stashes which were never turned in and make everyday turn ins miniscule compared to millions in vaults.

Elysium team will hopefully give this week some scaling done as they announced.  

Trust me, if the lower tier resources gave the same rewards as the ones you mentioned, people would turn then in right away.

I turned in 1200 runecloth because it wasnt a complete ripoff.

I wont turn in any of the ones that are a complete ripoff.

Edited by gh0un

5 minutes ago, gh0un said:

Trust me, if the lower tier resources gave the same rewards as the ones you mentioned, people would turn then in right away.

I turned in 1200 runecloth because it wasnt a complete ripoff.

I wont turn in any of the ones that are a complete ripoff.

Before i just vendored copper bars now i turned them in. Selling 100 copper bars you make maybe 5g on ah compared to vendoring?

I have consms farmed and around 5k i have no use for gold anymore so whatever i can i turn in.

You said yourself you have even more. I think you have gold sickness same as dragon in Lonely mountain

Edited by mytchi3

War effort was indeed, not easy.

However, even I, who played since 2004, can't recall that in jan 2006, the horde needed freaking 275k Lean Wolf Steak!

And that counts for many of the values, I recall stuff like Linen bandages 800k not 2mil!

or Stranglekelp 33k not 450k

4 hours ago, gh0un said:

I am one of those people sitting on 3000 copper bars (and a bunch of other materials for that matter).

Screenshot your banks, I wanna see how much firebloom you're stockpiling. 

@Cogfather so much time and brain cells - in short supply - will be wasted if you just clarified the situation on auto-complete.

This is not the same as retail vanilla, you've said as much yourself. Either you are not implementing auto complete, which indicates a certain thing to some of us, or you are implementing it and we can stop the hysterics.

Please.

No. Pretty please.

Thank you

Edited by Outstanding

1 hour ago, Ickus said:

the admins did the exact same thing feenix did. It was absolutely a huge misstep and it needs take care of soon, not later. Don't wait 3-4 weeks to do this. It needs done asap because people seem to be just losing interest.

This. I can wait a bit but my concern is that others won't.

I would understand people not turning in firebloom because that would be a ripoff, but copper bars? What kind of profit are you expecting to gain with copper bars? If I started to farm Deadmines 24/7 I would reach 3k copper ore pretty fast, and there's no point saving it so I'd just hand it in along with the linen cloth.

I'm not really sure how people can be surprised over the rewards that certain items give, it has always been on the table. If you wanted value then maybe you should've saved up 3000 arthas' tears or runecloth and handed them in for 10 marks each.

The incentive of turning in items is opening AQ, any items or rep you get along the way is just icing on the cake. And yes I wouldn't be surprised if certain people are hoarding items to hand in so they can decide when the war effort ends and when the Brood of Nozdormu rep farm can begin.

Edited by Krakenlord

if a guild times it correctly, they can start the event a few hours before raids reset, go clear BWL, it resets, they clear BWL again. and then they are done and completely dick over every single other guild who wasnt able to do the same in a very small window before raids reset.

from my understanding of what i seen said on discord there haveing probs with there server pervider and the server was turned off no eta when it will be back on .

really may be best to just reroll a new ch on a diff server for now.Still waiting on a post to be made by staff on this but u know how that gos lol

Any alliance can fish rainbow albacore with fishing level of about 150ish. Anyone can farm raptor meat (raptors in stv/arathi highlands). Cod me stacks of raptor meat for 30 silver and ill cook it and turn it in.

Since the server is down anyway, I decided to do abit of quick math on the Lean Wolf Steak since it currently have the lowest % turnin @ 4.03%.

Data used comes from http://db.vanillagaming.org/   I'm not sure the drop rates and respawn timers match what we have on Anathema, but for the sake of arguement, lets assume they are identical.

I chose to exclude SFK and Rare spawns (Lupos, Mist Howler) to simplify things abit.

There is a total of 253 wolfs in the open world that drop the Lean Wolf Flank, with drop rates between 48 and 65% and all of them have a 5 minute repawn time.

If every wolf is killed every 5 minutes on the dot, we get a total of 1780.68 Lean Wolf Flanks an hour.

So to farm the 275000 Lean wolf Steaks needed for the War Effort it would take a total of 154.44 hours of farming.

That is 154.44 hours where every single mob is killed at the exact time it respawns! 

6 days, 10 hours, 26 minutes and 2.4 seconds where no wolf is left alive for even a fraction of a second!

If these numbers are even remotely close to being accurate, it clearly shows how rediculously overtuned certain items for the War Effort are, and I hope the Elysium Staff will re-evaluate some of the numbers.

4 minutes ago, Reimer said:

Since the server is down anyway, I decided to do abit of quick math on the Lean Wolf Steak since it currently have the lowest % turnin @ 4.03%.

Data used comes from http://db.vanillagaming.org/   I'm not sure the drop rates and respawn timers match what we have on Anathema, but for the sake of arguement, lets assume they are identical.

I chose to exclude SFK and Rare spawns (Lupos, Mist Howler) to simplify things abit.

There is a total of 253 wolfs in the open world that drop the Lean Wolf Flank, with drop rates between 48 and 65% and all of them have a 5 minute repawn time.

If every wolf is killed every 5 minutes on the dot, we get a total of 1780.68 Lean Wolf Flanks an hour.

So to farm the 275000 Lean wolf Steaks needed for the War Effort it would take a total of 154.44 hours of farming.

That is 154.44 hours where every single mob is killed at the exact time it respawns! 

6 days, 10 hours, 26 minutes and 2.4 seconds where no wolf is left alive for even a fraction of a second!

If these numbers are even remotely close to being accurate, it clearly shows how rediculously overtuned certain items for the War Effort are, and I hope the Elysium Staff will re-evaluate some of the numbers.

Go farm.

loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

Edited by disgusting

9 minutes ago, Reimer said:

6 days 10 hrs 26 mins. That's just for one item.  GO FARM, BOYS. IT'LL BE DONE IF EVERYONE JUST FARMED. Fucking idiots

1 hour ago, Pest said:

6 days 10 hrs 26 mins. That's just for one item.  GO FARM, BOYS. IT'LL BE DONE IF EVERYONE JUST FARMED. Fucking idiots

Steaks are juuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuust fine. Now do the math with firebloom and ores :D you might be caught laughing and crying when you do this with copper and tin bars ;)

7 hours ago, ironskillet2 said:

if a guild times it correctly, they can start the event a few hours before raids reset, go clear BWL, it resets, they clear BWL again. and then they are done and completely dick over every single other guild who wasnt able to do the same in a very small window before raids reset.

EXTREMELY unlikely. The effort would have to be at 90% or even closer prolly like 98% at exactly tuesday.

You could also predict that very easy and just be online if u wanna tryhard it. If you want a shot at the gong u gonna have to tryhard way more than this anyway.

Edited by Neriel

FYI, the retail war effort took like 6-8 weeks on most servers, even with the blizzlike autocomplete kicking in.

3 hours ago, Pest said:

This isn't that long. Even if you round up that guy's estimate from 154 hours to 200 total hours to account for a more realistic farming speed, that's 20 people each putting in 10 hours of work (or 40 people doing 5 each, or 80 doing 2.5, etc). The server has 3-6k people logged on at any given time. Also, the guy who did this math excluded SFK spawns for some reason, and farming them in a resettable level 20 instance seems way easier than waiting for them to spawn in the open world.

So, yeah, go farm.

Edited by Glofer

I also believe the new war efforts calculation should take the down time into account.

Anyway everyone doing their part means it can be over and done with. Some things can't be helped like firebloom, but raptor roast can be.