Sign in to follow this  
indi

The Zeth'Kur problem

6 hours ago, Hamblin said:

Okay, I am very glad that you care about the project to the extent you do, but that does not make it okay to be offensive to other players who may care about the project the same amount you do... but do not explain it to such an extent. Assuming makes the worst out of all of us. I respect your opinions on what we should do, but the bottom line is that being rude to other players will not progress your goal here. It will not progress anyone's goal, no matter how passionate. So please, just take a second, and respect your fellow players. They enjoy playing here just as much as you do, and while their opinions may differ from yours, they should be respected and valued just as much.

Well, if a player is going to call me ignorant and be rude first then I will shut his shit down asap before he gets out of hand. I don't understand where your personal vendetta is coming from but you need to settle down.

16 minutes ago, Hurricane2 said:

You're ignorant because you're only thinking about it from the players perspective and not the admins.  The options you want are the ones that would strain the admins time the most.

Okay if time is what your deciding factor is then your logic should be to close the realm and not allow transfers. Since this would save the most time.  But you want to allow a merge to elysium... so it wouldn't be farfetch to allow merge across all three realms if you're already going down that route. I'm pretty sure people understand that you are in the wrong here now that I refuted your idiocracy, but if you want to keep coming back to get logically refuted by all means go ahead.

1 hour ago, Dizeliun said:

Okay if time is what your deciding factor is then your logic should be to close the realm and not allow transfers. Since this would save the most time.  But you want to allow a merge to elysium... so it wouldn't be farfetch to allow merge across all three realms if you're already going down that route. I'm pretty sure people understand that you are in the wrong here now that I refuted your idiocracy, but if you want to keep coming back to get logically refuted by all means go ahead.

Its called a compromise due to the limited amount time the admins have to deal with all the issues they have deal with.

Doing nothing requires no extra work but then you're just ignoring the problem.

Merging Zeth'Kur and Elysium is far easier to do than zeth to everywhere.

I am simply stating what is logical and you call me names and say I'm wrong.  Use some some common sense.

Yeah it will be locked like the other thread here: 

Any discussion about population on the forums will be locked eventually, they don't want the community discussing it.

1.2k peak today, last Thursday was 1.5k. 

The losses continue to trend consistent with a 10-15% deficit, Jakira can call this "fake news" or the numbers are "inaccurate" all she wants but this is pretty a obvious reality to anyone who has access to /who and Elysium's own realm status page.

By next week we should be seeing a 1k and possibly under average, or 3-digit average. Zeth'Kur? More like Feenix.

On 4/2/2017 at 4:53 PM, hakoon said:

The fact that they arent same patch is not a valid argument imo. It is crucial for Anathema to get those new players.

Anathema population is the one that got the most decrease of pop in the last month with ZK ofc.

At NA night time we were easily 4k a month ago and now we strugging to get 2,3k..  getting those 700 to 1k from ZK would be only positive.

Anathema's population decreased when ZK came out because *the players didn't want to be on Anathema*. If people wanted to play on a server that's at AQ instead of MC, and a year+ ahead of ZK, they would have rolled on one.

On 4/3/2017 at 0:54 AM, Cogfather said:

The 68% in favor of a merge will, I'm sure, be ecstatic if we go through, but it will more heavily effect the 32% who are not in favor. 

The bottom line is we're aware of our communities opinions on the matter, and are effectively evaluating our options.

We'll do our best to update the masses throughout this process.

68% voted for a merge in a poll *where no alternative was given.* A PROPER poll should be done on both Zeth'kur and on Elysium, to discover what options people on both servers want/prefer. For example, I'd much prefer xfers, but only if enough people show interest. If polls show it won't work, then it's not viable.
Or if most Elysium players don't want to merge, but many would be happy to transfer, then that's relevant too.

On 4/5/2017 at 10:01 AM, Dizeliun said:

DONT DO A FUCKING MERGER

LISTEN TO YOUR OWN COMMUNITY

The community hasn't spoken in your post. You want them to listen to *you*, not the community.

I started a toon on Elysium. Once I got into my 40's I got tired of the constant ganks from 3000 other lvl 60s, playing for hours but not being able to finish a single quest, getting 100+ HKs every day and not even playing a BG. So I rerolled on another realm.

It's not hard to do. Just go and create a new character on the realm you want to play on. Problem solved.

people who wants a merge are not aware that playing on elyseum is pure hell.

wow realms are not designed for as many players: that means at 60 you are unable to raid due to lack of ressources for as many raiding guilds.

On anathema the inflation to raid AQ is skyrocketing and there are only 4k players.

i think people on ZK will displeased with the change between an empty server and a very very overcrowded one with all the issues

i used to play on elyseum then on zk and i end up rerolling on anathema (the less worst solution), but the timline is too advanced for me,

so what's the point? I d'ont know if the staff will read this post , but guys if you have the money , open transfer from elyseum to ZK and even from anathema to ZK (only ,for exemple, 50 and under for people who rerolled there only for population but are displeased about timline)

otherwise let the players of ZK choose their new realms in case of closure of zk.

regards

former retail player from 2005 to 2010 (english not my mother tong)

Hey I just wanted to voice my opinion. Please do not merge the servers. As I have extreme autism and hate playing with other people. I enjoy leveling up by myself because I actually hate playing MMOs. Also I get to join any raiding guild desperate enough for people regardless of how bad I am(I'm really bad). The only thing wrong with zeth is people like indi spamming world chat and triggering new players such as myself. He must be banned for this. Thank you for your time reading this and take my suggestions and thoughts seriously. Now I  am going to play my level 17night elf female hunter with 2 other people in darkshore. 

Here's my two cents:

I think the possibility for a transfer from Elysium to ZK should be made available, maybe with two or three large guilds transferring to push the community a bit. A merge would be quite difficult, since it would create

a) the name-problem, guilds, playernames, etc.

b) large-scale economy intervention

c) players from ZK will be shocked/unhappy/complaining about being forced to play on an - honestly speaking - overcrowded server

Personally, I've been leveling faster than before when I found out that the servers might merge. I dont wanna have this annoying leveling experience with 200 lvl 60s ganking me, basically 60% of my time consumed for unfair encounters. Same goes for all the farming stuff. I try to farm as much as possible now already, I really dont want to compete with ungoro mafia at lvl 60 to get my devilsaur stuff... I dont have the time to put that much effort into the game anymore, and ZK basically offers me to play it just the way I wished it would be like. Now, I do see a problem with ceising player numbers. I do agree that action must be taken. However, i dont think that a merge would be a - for the cummunity - satisfacting way to tackle the problem. Lets try out the free transfer, maybe with a small goodie-bag ( like 14er bags for leveling ) for players <30 that switch... or a small treat related to the level bracket ur currently in... if that should turn out to be ineffective, a merge is still possible.

It seems like there are players on Elysium who dislike the fact that it's overcrowded. People also complain that Zeth'Kur is underpopulated. 

Letting people transfer from Elysium to Zeth'Kur would alleviate both of these problems.

If there are unfavourable playing conditions on both servers we can guess that this will cause quicker  player number bleed for both servers. Attempting to average out populations between both servers by allowing transfers from the overpopulated to underpopulated, averaging populations out between both servers, would slow the rate at which players leave those servers by creating more favourable conditions on BOTH.

If, in the future, the population problem persists on one or both of the servers, and players continue to leave, then consider a merge/alternative solution, when there is a smaller combined ZK/ELY player population. If this is done, it would also alleviate the economy problem of initiating a merge right now because servers with more similar populations (after allowing transfers) will probably have at least a closer similarity in the availability of trade goods etc. Merging in the future when the servers will at least have a slightly lesser disparity in player numbers will lessen the severity of any economic shocks, and prevent the obvious problem in front of us now of having an overpopulated server becoming even worse.

People who aren't interested in transferring would be fine to stay where they are. People who DO want to transfer will be able to enjoy a little bit more breathing space whilst playing WoW. Whilst we have seen people here say they left Elysium and went to ZK because it was overcrowded, I don't think anyone on ZK could reasonably complain if there were more players on the server - it being OVERcrowded is absolutely not a problem that we're looking at for ZK. Most players there would appreciate a boost in numbers to have the world populated a little more. The only people who are going to have anything forced upon them that they might not want are the guys trying to farm devilsaurs and elemental fires etc on ZK, and those guys should appreciate that the game will be made better as a whole by more players on ZK. Aside from this last group (arguably including them!), voluntary transfers would benefit everyone.

Also, if this solution doesn't work, and if nobody on Elysium wants to transfer to Zeth'Kur... well then there won't have been a whole lot of work put in to transferring characters (because nobody took you up on the option), which means it won't be wasting admin's time (because the work of transferring characters was never actually done... because nobody wanted to do it.)

The benefits are there for both servers. It forces a change in the WoW environment that an absolute minimum of players would disagree with (and I would suggest unreasonably, at that) and if people don't take you up on it, then nothing of value will have been lost, and another solution can be examined in the future.

Give Ely -->ZK transfers a try.

First of all I'm part of the NA population.

If I wanted to play on Ely I would have made my home there. I CHOSE ZK.I knew the population would be lower here...and I'm loving it. A little more population would be prefect. But I have chosen a guild that "plays together"...so finding people to play with is not an issue.

We have servers for everyone right now. Throughout the year there will always be dips/spikes in server populations. I hope the team views a larger time frame to made an educated decision on how to proceed.

The team knows the situation...the same people making the same threads over and over and over again is laughable/sad. 

I don't want to offend those who want a merger , so if I have I apologize. That was not my intent of posting.

Please don't "quick fix" this by merging with Ely...just let people transfer to ZK if they want to. 

1 hour ago, Voice said:

What was the reddit rant about?.

Zeth is closing, transfers to the other 3 servers will be an option. 

That is the tl;dr.