Gilbegger

Just in case...describe your server please

Not sure what is going to happen "officially"...but it dosen't hurt to be a little ahead of the game.

I'm an ally on ZK (maining a Druid 43 to date..also a 40 priest alt.).....and with the potential move coming soon (may?) I just wanted to know what you guys think of your server..

I chose ZK for the smaller close knit community...so I am leaning to your home, if it comes to us even having a choice.I will be bringing my two sons with me (warrior 43 and a mage 43 also)...I figured 22 years ago they would come in handy...FINALLY it happened!!

What are the possitives and negatives of your server?

Id like to hear from the Horde players too. Do you want more alliance players to come to your server?

Thank you all in advance...and take care.

Horde to alliance is most balanced on Anathema. 46% Alli 54% horde.

The active daily player-base is about 2x of a full vanilla server so you won't be too overrun in regards to population.  5 mans are still very active for the level 15-54 groups looking to run things.  The prices for good blues, pre-raid epics are cheaper now than they were pre-shutdown for items like Hide of the Wild, Lionheart helm, by around  33% cheaper.   Most raiders have these already so not a lot of buyers for them.

There is still very much a sense of community.   The trolling in world chat isn't as bad as it was when server first opened, and a lot of the cancerous community has moved on to other projects at this point, which is nice.

Guilds that are in MC/ZG only are still recruiting, even the BWL clearing guilds would love new people.  The opening of both fresh servers took a lot of the new blood that continues to hit 60 out of the mix and left a lot of guilds needing to fill holes in their rosters with players that simply do not exist.

So there will always be room for you and your bred-team to play.   Feel free to start looking at the Anathema guild sections to get idea of guilds that would fit your families time zones/days to play.   I could tell you now that our guild and many others would welcome any of the ZK players with open arms and help in the gearing process.

The bad is being addressed.   Which is the lack of herbs available vs the amount of consumables being used each week by the large amount of guilds raiding on the server compared to a vanilla retail server.    They are adjusting spawn rates next update for Anathema and Elysium.      Many people were having to farm too much for too little of a return of goods.   With this adjustment, expect to see less farming binges and more battlegrounds, 5 mans, and people organizing more world pvp.

totally agree with undertanker, im already 47lvl on anathema and leveling is much like it was in 2005, not overcrowded like on elysium.

and for ppl scaring of 60lvl gankers - i was ganked 3 or 4 times by 60lvl so far

Thanks for the responses..its very much appreciated. I'm leaning Anathema while my sons just want to follow the guild. We will see what server they choose.

It seems like a lot of people on Elysium are crying about an influx of players ruining their economy...and wanting limits on what we can bring with us to their server.

I have not seen anything like that from your population...and that is VERY encouraging...is gives your server a more "new home" vibe than Elysium.

Again..than you for the responses...take care.

8 minutes ago, Gilbegger said:

Thanks for the responses..its very much appreciated. I'm leaning Anathema while my sons just want to follow the guild. We will see what server they choose.

It seems like a lot of people on Elysium are crying about an influx of players ruining their economy...and wanting limits on what we can bring with us to their server.

I have not seen anything like that from your population...and that is VERY encouraging...is gives your server a more "new home" vibe than Elysium.

Again..than you for the responses...take care.

This is because there's a mafia on Elysium that runs everything and it's very important that they do not suffer, even if temporarily.

This is why so many on Zeth'kur didn't want the merge, because going to Elysium is like going to jail.

This thread interests me as well. My first choice is Anathema. I don't want to go to that overpopulated gankfest that is Elysium. However, people keep telling me that everybody is on AQ40 gear in Anathema and that fresh 60s can't do anything against them. I keep being told that a fresh 60 on Anathema would be an awful time and I couldn't progress...

What do you have to say about that?

If you are interested in endgame pve-content and if you focus in getting some purples then Anathema is the perfect decision.

If you want to join Battlegrounds while leveling up or participate in world-pvp don´t go there.

On 4/16/2017 at 9:35 AM, Ragingducks said:

This is because there's a mafia on Elysium that runs everything and it's very important that they do not suffer, even if temporarily.

This is why so many on Zeth'kur didn't want the merge, because going to Elysium is like going to jail.

It's cool reading a thread where a lot of people bash Elysium and don't even play on that server.  Not to mention what they say isn't true.  Name more than 2 items that the mafia even attempts to control.  The 2 they do try to control they do a poor job of at any rate.

The main pro in anathema's favor is that it is more progressed.  Other than that Elysium is better off in all other categories and if for some care bear reason you're scared of gankers then you can go to darrowshire.

On 5/5/2017 at 5:15 AM, Malaari said:

This thread interests me as well. My first choice is Anathema. I don't want to go to that overpopulated gankfest that is Elysium. However, people keep telling me that everybody is on AQ40 gear in Anathema and that fresh 60s can't do anything against them. I keep being told that a fresh 60 on Anathema would be an awful time and I couldn't progress...

What do you have to say about that?

There are so many pugs here that u will be geared in a jiffy if active, perhaps not Aq40 but not anyone can expect that if its not an alt in big guild. 

Its actualy harder to find grp for 5 -man instances than raid pugs, so geared Aq40 players is nothing to be afraid of.

Lol AQ out for 2 weeks "everybody in AQ gear".

Don't listen to ignorance.

Bosses drop 2 MAYBE 3-pieces of loot.  40 people in raid, even more total in guild.  Not all drops are useful.  17 gear slots per person.  Only a handful of guilds have killed C'Thun.  It will be several months before even the top end guilds have the majority of their people close to where they want to be AQ gear wise.  People are still chasing MC/BWL loot (select pieces)

"Wont be able to do anything against them"  In Vanilla, tier discrepancy is much smaller than in retail.   Just because an item drops from BWL/AQ, doesn't mean it's the best loot.

On 5/5/2017 at 0:37 PM, Zappa said:

If you want to join Battlegrounds while leveling up or participate in world-pvp don´t go there.

Is this true? :(

Does that mean there ain't a lot of lowbies levelling on this server?

I recently leveled 2 chars and compared to Elysium it´s like a walk in the park very early in the morning.

Battlegrounds 1-59 don´t exist anymore.

basicly some anathema players are kind of desperate for getting new players on their server, so they advertise anathema, while trashtalking elysium from time to time.

elysium is a high pop server, with only mc out atm. if you got some time (months) and want to progress through all the content, this is the server for you.

anathema is on the aq patch, way lower pop. if you want to see all content as fast as possible, without progressing it, go for anathema.

I think Anathema feels like a mature server, which it is; the leveling zones are quiet, although not totally dead, and the regular majority seem to be mostly found at 60 doing whatever it is they want to do at max lvl. Looking at Anathema as vanilla wow in its final state, as opposed to its initial or early, will mostly see you right.

There's 3 guilds horde side that still havnt cleared BWL yet, let alone aq40 on Anathema. I'm going to bet theres a similar amount of ally guilds in the same boat. This means you can progress through BWL-AQ still on anathema and not get carried if you wish. Considering how boring MC is I'd consider that a bonus over Elysium. I also enjoy the community quite a lot on Anathema, with super fun world pvp against Scuba Cops, and a lot of friendly horde guilds.

The main downside for new people is pvp, where BWL gear is abundant and a good chunk stronger than what you can get as a new 60 generally. I'd recommend Elysium if you were a primary pvp player, or if you want to experience patch progression and race for server/region firsts.

Here is what I heard about Elysium:

1- Really hard to level (ganking, mob tagging)
2- Impossible to  farm nodes or herbs because too many ppl farm them
3- Major gankfest and bunch of 60s camping lowbies because they blow at pvp and can't find level 60s
4- Ass*les everywhere

Honestly, I love low pop servers. Zeth'Kur was perfect before people started leaving. Anathema is more appealing to me, however, I love PVPing and BGs. I must admit getting one shotted by BWL gear all the time won't make it fun...

This is such a hard decision.. I wish they had opened transfers to ZK instead...

Thanks everyone

On 15.5.2017 at 10:25 PM, Malaari said:

Here is what I heard about Elysium:

1- Really hard to level (ganking, mob tagging)
2- Impossible to  farm nodes or herbs because too many ppl farm them
3- Major gankfest and bunch of 60s camping lowbies because they blow at pvp and can't find level 60s
4- Ass*les everywhere

Honestly, I love low pop servers. Zeth'Kur was perfect before people started leaving. Anathema is more appealing to me, however, I love PVPing and BGs. I must admit getting one shotted by BWL gear all the time won't make it fun...

This is such a hard decision.. I wish they had opened transfers to ZK instead...

Thanks everyone

1. not anymore

2. they fixed that

3. mainly if you are green for them

4. maybe

Just hit 27 after about a week of playing on Elysium, and I'm honestly thinking about moving over to Anathema... 60s constantly >farming< lowbies for no reason, extreme overpop on quests... It's really not the vanilla experience I'm looking for. :(

It also doesn't help that half the server seems unable to speak proper english.

Just hit 48 on Elysium and yes it´s very frustrating sometimes but believe me:

Don´t go to Anathema unless you want nothing else but endgame raiding.

Zappa is totally right, since AQ released the low level bgs are totally dead, I didn't even see a single bg open the last month. In the past we used to twink together and both 29 and 39 was active but now there is not a single twink there at all (they all quit or rerolled on elysium). I ocassionally still wPvP in STV, there are still players leveling and the world isn't dead but it used to be more active. Everyone just cares about endgame content now.

So go for anathema only if you like the lower population and the endgame.

Or, to put a positive spin on it, go to Anathema if you want there to be more to do at end game. Go to Elysium if you want there to be less (assuming end game to you is lvl 60 as opposed to some twink bracket).