Jump to content
panthesatyr

DM Farming - Still Possible?

Recommended Posts

Anyone have an answer to this? Or can anyone list some good farming options?

 

edit: or are mages reluctant to name the places because the admins have shown that they like nerfing mage farming? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes it's still possible to farm DM E. I've tried both as mage and priest. Just not insanely good GPH but still decent i think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's very much possible but these days there are custom changes (non-blizzlike) on the server to discourage it. Mainly, the mobs drop less stuff, I think book spawn locations have been heavily nerfed (can't confirm 100%) and the patrols move super fast in comparison to blizzlike (which means you'll get destroyed by them more often, or have to wait a long time to make pulls... net result=gold per hour much less). I view all these changes as incredibly negative, since farming this dungeon was one of the chief ways people were making gold for consumables, flasks and such back in retail. Nerfing it is practically encouraging gold buying - it was perfectly fine as it was AND not broken in any way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm usually against nerfing things (instead of nerfing, buff something else to make it comprable) but this was a welcome fix.  Increasing the value of gold and leveling the playing field is a good change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 30/05/2017 at 7:37 PM, Hurricane2 said:

I'm usually against nerfing things (instead of nerfing, buff something else to make it comprable) but this was a welcome fix.  Increasing the value of gold and leveling the playing field is a good change.

Yes, it's working splendidly ! Splendidly enough for some dude to think any mage in their right mind would pay almost 3K gold for a freezing band. An item that in most private servers I ever played went for 1k gold MAX.

It's worth around 500g

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Hurricane2 said:

I wasn't quoting any one, just stating an observation.

Your observation is wrongfully taken from the principles of economics, your observation is wrong because it doesn't reflect how economy works

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think you know what the word wrong means or when to correctly use it.  If the going rate for a freezing band is 3k gold then that's how much it's worth.  It doesn't matter what you think it should be worth or what it was worth in the economies of other servers.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Hurricane2 said:

I don't think you know what the word wrong means or when to correctly use it.  If the going rate for a freezing band is 3k gold then that's how much it's worth.  It doesn't matter what you think it should be worth or what it was worth in the economies of other servers.  

That's exactly why you sound silly. The going rate for a freezing band isn't 3k gold on elysium. It's 1k

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, dodgerino said:

Yes, it's working splendidly ! Splendidly enough for some dude to think any mage in their right mind would pay almost 3K gold for a freezing band. An item that in most private servers I ever played went for 1k gold MAX.

It's worth around 500g

If I sound silly it's because I was referring to the prices you mentioned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2.6.2017 at 11:45 AM, dodgerino said:

That's exactly why you sound silly. The going rate for a freezing band isn't 3k gold on elysium. It's 1k

Dude, you are wrong. If someone wants to pay 3kg for the ring, that's what it's worth. It's a basic definition. You are the one who sound silly, Hurricane2 is right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, khalismur said:

Dude, you are wrong. If someone wants to pay 3kg for the ring, that's what it's worth. It's a basic definition. You are the one who sound silly, Hurricane2 is right.

That's what it's worth to the person paying at the moment they pay. Your mileage may vary.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/6/2017 at 5:28 PM, dodgerino said:

At least learn to quote properly, dude

"Something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it".

Neckbeard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why did you guys hijack this thread to debate something so stupid. 

 

It sounds like DM:N and DM:E are still viable. BRD is a pain in the ass now, with the changes to clearcast, although maybe it's still viable. BRD requires more concentration than I like to give to farming, so I haven't tested at length. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 30.5.2017 at 8:24 PM, Pwnana said:

It's very much possible but these days there are custom changes (non-blizzlike) on the server to discourage it. Mainly, the mobs drop less stuff, I think book spawn locations have been heavily nerfed (can't confirm 100%) and the patrols move super fast in comparison to blizzlike (which means you'll get destroyed by them more often, or have to wait a long time to make pulls... net result=gold per hour much less). I view all these changes as incredibly negative, since farming this dungeon was one of the chief ways people were making gold for consumables, flasks and such back in retail. Nerfing it is practically encouraging gold buying - it was perfectly fine as it was AND not broken in any way.

this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/22/2017 at 7:23 PM, Gnog said:

Why did you guys hijack this thread to debate something so stupid. 

 

It sounds like DM:N and DM:E are still viable. BRD is a pain in the ass now, with the changes to clearcast, although maybe it's still viable. BRD requires more concentration than I like to give to farming, so I haven't tested at length. 

Thank you for providing a useful and appropriate response. I concur with your conclusion, BRD has become way too much of a hassle. It might be slightly better in terms of gold yield than DM:N and DM:E, but it requires far too intensive attention to be a viable option for me. I'm quite simply exhausted after an hours farming and have therefore resorted entirely to DM farming (primarily DM:E).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

dme is so easy to farm that even a fire mage can do it np, possibly even faster than a frost. Nova + flamestrike ftw

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DM N feels really gutted at the moment. I'm often times getting like 4 greens per five resets and can't even fill up inventory with vendor trash etc. Any ideas for alternative farming places?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×