Forest_

Consider eventual open transfers from ZK/Ely/Darrow -> Anathema in the future

@TheRealJindo

Many of the forum warriors are indeed longtime vets such as yourself, with that out of the way:

What a lot of people seem to forget, or may not realize due to when they started playing on this project is that the hype, success wave of players from late 2016 was because the Elysium team wanted to carry on the legacy and movement of what Nost had created.  Nost wasn't desperate for somebody to take the reigns, there was a line of project teams facing off in a non-economical bidding war to see who would obtain the Nost source code and with it all the players (new and old) that would come here.  Raise of hands of the people who knew what the average daily pop of Elysium was before taking on the Vanilla community that stood united - aka Nost?

With the acceptance of taking on an entire community, in my most humble opinion; it is the responsibility of said team to do what is best to keep the Vanilla community together.  I can not say that is what is currently happening at the moment.  We remain not only split due to competition team projects (that is expected), however we continue to remain a split/separated community internally.   But the team is moving ZK you say?  There have been talks of a merge for over 1/2 of that server's lifespan.  Delayed actions show the opposite of the community being together as a priority concern for the team, not saying it isn't a priority - but you are what you do, not what you say.  But hey, Wailing Caverns is looking good now I guess.  WC > Osserian Crystals.  This is just one example of many, #NamingServerAfterProject.   "Fresh" isn't what brought the masses here, it was the community being reunited.  Elysium had a "fresh" 3 months before Nost talks yet people didn't flock to it, why didn't the people play on it before which the server itself had many bug fixes that still existed on Nost at the time?  It feels to me that the acceptance of Nost and the Vanilla community was just a tool to recreate their personal server (relaunch of Elysium) whom initial failed to capture the Nost community during Blizz CnD post 4/6/2016.

As the populations continue to dwindle, before long what will separate Elysium Project from it's competition? Play here for low population OR no content server, play low pop server elsewhere.

Just read some of the forum post from new players looking to start.  Extra servers, smaller populations on 3/4 servers, having to try to find a team of people to play with before picking a server to make sure they are not investing 250+ hours of their life to find out people of their likened play availability are on X server but you rolled on Y server.

TL;DR:

This project took on a Vanilla community, not just a source code back in late 2016.  A community that after 14 months was still seeing growth, as opposed to a steady decline since (re)launch here.   It is the responsibility of the project to bring the community back together, the evidence shows that the collection of previous actions throughout the last 4-6 months has ran off more people than it has attracted to the project.

Unfortunately this was very predictable since release. With Elysium inheriting the project and having a fresh realm named after their project the majority choose to play on what they felt would last long term. I'm sure Anathema will be just fine if Kronos can survive.

Yes, it was predictable and many threads that I commented on fresh blood not being available to fill guilds would cause them to collapse.

The thing about Kronos is that if you are Alli and you can only raid during specific availability that horde guild has, you can make the move to that faction rather than start a level 1 toon.

During retail from 2005 to this very day it is not uncommon for an individual to have to jump server/faction to get paired up with people of likened ingame availability.

I'm very positive to this suggestion.
Raiding guilds on Anathema are currently struggeling in terms of incomming applications. 
Just recently 2 larger guilds have disbanded and/or have merged with other guilds.
In terms of national guilds, all Scandinavian guilds (except one) have decided to merge and/or go international to get a larger playerbase to recruit from.
The amount of national guilds we had on Anathema earlier is one of the things i enjoyed the most about the server, and it would be a shame if this came to an end.

Yeah I am currently having to reroll and start all over or do 20 man pugs only.

In a Lebron James voice - "I'll be taking my talents to <Pacific> Elysium".   And will make a different class other than warrior so WHEN (because I'm a dreamer) the servers merge I'll have an additional toon to bring to the table:

Prot War / Restro Druid / add Dwarf Priest.

#ThunderFuryTransmuteBot

Also..

A server with 3500 pop is not the same as a retail server with 3500 pop. The population on private servers are segmented into different player bases depending on the region of the world you live in, unlike retail where everyone on the server is in the same time zone.

A 3500 pop private server really has to be divided by 3 to account for your local population (AKA the people you have the ability to play with long term) and then 2 to account for Horde or Ally.

------

Math:

So for each different region, NA, EU, and CN you take peak population = 3500

Number of regions = 3

Number of factions = 2

Total people you can play with for raiding/long term = 3500 / (2 + 3) = 700

That is ALL you can play with realistically at peak times, you have 700 people in your time zone and faction that you could join a guild with. The average guild has 40-60 people in it so that means there is a grand total of:

700 / 60= ~11 guilds on your faction / local region that you can join.

This number is not bad, but with a guild or two in your region RIP'ing every few weeks by the time naxx comes out there will be 7 or 8 guilds max left in your specific time zone. We need some way to draw more pop to Anathema going forward. Naming "Elysium" after the project name really fucked the original Nost players. Since people seem to be obsessed with 'fresh' and hear 'Elysium Project' and automatically play on the Elysium server.

------

On 05/25/2017 at 7:54 AM, Hurricane2 said:

I play alot on Elysium and raid with 3 different guilds and have not heard a single player complain about this.  If we Elysium players wanted a more progressed server we would have rolled on one.

On 05/29/2017 at 5:46 AM, TheRealJindo said:

We on Elysium don't want to have lower population just because you guys need more population. Period.

Pretty much this^. Don't prop up a dying server at the expense of the more successful and popular server.

All cool and dandy, but you're forgetting that people didn't come here for Anathema. They came here for the community. The majority of the community has chosen Elysium, not Anathema. And now you want to merge the realms INTO Anathema where the minority resides? No. The biggest mistake you make is equalizing Anathema with the vanilla community. 

There are better ways to fill this gap, for example server advertisement. Nostalrius didn't get popular because of their scripts (they were shit), and neither because of their professional admin team (do I even have to name all the mistakes and shady stuff that happened?). No, they came simply because people talked about it everywhere. IF you really wanna safe servers and boost population, then that's the kind of community grass-roots support you're looking for, not merges all the time.

4 hours ago, TheRealJindo said:

All cool and dandy, but you're forgetting that people didn't come here for Anathema. They came here for the community. The majority of the community has chosen Elysium, not Anathema. And now you want to merge the realms INTO Anathema where the minority resides? No. The biggest mistake you make is equalizing Anathema with the vanilla community. 

There are better ways to fill this gap, for example server advertisement. Nostalrius didn't get popular because of their scripts (they were shit), and neither because of their professional admin team (do I even have to name all the mistakes and shady stuff that happened?). No, they came simply because people talked about it everywhere. IF you really wanna safe servers and boost population, then that's the kind of community grass-roots support you're looking for, not merges all the time.

Exactly this.

Merges are not solving a declining population.
And people forget that the vanilla hype from the past is over already. Even Nostalrius itself would have suffered from this aswell as Elysium now.

People are talking about TBC, Gummy's and Warmane now and no longer about vanilla or Elysium/Nostalrius.

Nostalrius would not be suffering since it would be at 20k+ population now. A big part of the reason Nost was so successful was because the insane pop was getting a ton of attention across the interwebs. Considering Elysium has been completely downhill from a population perspective due to splitting the community of course it's not doing so well.

2 hours ago, Haestingas said:

Nostalrius would not be suffering since it would be at 20k+ population now. A big part of the reason Nost was so successful was because the insane pop was getting a ton of attention across the interwebs. Considering Elysium has been completely downhill from a population perspective due to splitting the community of course it's not doing so well.

Nost is dead. Blame the French.

1 minute ago, Banezilla said:

Nost is dead. Blame the French.

Oh I do. Side question but did you play a shadowpriest on old nost?

We all have a vested interest in keeping our respective server alive.

If you play on Elysium, you shill for Elysium.

If you play on Anathema, you shill for Anathema.

The mistake is not playing on Anathema or playing on Elysium, the mistake was giving people the choice between two different vanilla servers within the same project. The only option people should have been give was between a PvE & PvP server. We're all seeing the effects of split servers now. Nost peaked at 13k people, there aren't even 13k people peak combined on all servers.

What I'm proposing in an ideal world is an increased timeline for Elysium to bring it up to Naxx level a bit quicker than normal. Trust me you don't want to farm BWL for 7 months before you even have a shot at completing the War Effort, it was brutal.

The only reason people didn't complain about timelines in retail was because people were generally speaking pretty bad at the game because we didn't have a mountain of information on each boss. BWL took a couple months for Nef to die, AQ took a couple months for Cthun to die, etc. By the time you killed an end boss the next patch was only a few months away.

1 hour ago, Haestingas said:

Oh I do. Side question but did you play a shadowpriest on old nost?

Yes, and that character is on Anethema now. I actually logged into him last night to check out the population during US primetime.

In retail the patch's either came out faster or the world first clear took forever. Retail had 8 months between WoW release and BWL coming out for the US, for EU they had 7. Nost had 6.5 months. On retail Ragnaros took longer to kill after his availability than any other boss ever made in WoW. He wasn’t killed until 5.5 months after the release of the game. That means for the world first retail guild they had 2.5 months of Rag gear before BWL came out. On Nost it took 2 weeks for the no lifers, and by 2 months in a fair amount of guilds were killing Rag. So the average Nost raider had 4.5 months of Rag gear.

On retail the time between BWL release and the start of the war effort was a bit less than 6 months. On Nost/Anathema we had 9 months.

You then couple that with the fact that a ton of guilds killed nef in the first 3 weeks on Nost. The WORLD FIRST kill on Nef for retail took 2.5 months. So if you just compare the average raider on nost to the world first raiders on retail from a gear perspective, the average nost raiders had 8.25 months of nef gear, the world first guild had 3.5 months of nef gear.

So why is this even relevant to this thread? Because I'd like to suggest that there's a BLIZZLIKE solution to catching up Elysium to Anathema for a merge before Naxx. You just take the time between the world firsts of retail and the next patch on the retail timeline and apply that time to Elysium. People complain up and down how easy raiding is on Elysium vanilla compared to retail, and this is one of the main reasons its so damn easy. Because you have time to farm full BiS before the next content comes out, which in retail FOR THE WORLD FIRST GUILDS they didn't have half the time generally.

So applying this to Elysium, you would want to release BWL ASAP since it should have been out in early April to be Blizzlike. For BWL-AQ there should be 3.5 months between the first Elysium Nef kill and the start of the war effort. This solution gives a far more blizzlike experience to raiders on Elysium, and catches up Elysium to Anathema within ~6months. We then wait for a couple of weeks for Elysium to get some Cthun kills, and merge the servers for the eventual release of Naxx.

4 minutes ago, Haestingas said:

In retail the patch's either came out faster or the world first clear took forever. Retail had 8 months between WoW release and BWL coming out for the US, for EU they had 7. Nost had 6.5 months. On retail Ragnaros took longer to kill after his availability than any other boss ever made in WoW. He wasn’t killed until 5.5 months after the release of the game. That means for the world first retail guild they had 2.5 months of Rag gear before BWL came out. On Nost it took 2 weeks for the no lifers, and by 2 months in a fair amount of guilds were killing Rag. So the average Nost raider had 4.5 months of Rag gear.

On retail the time between BWL release and the start of the war effort was a bit less than 6 months. On Nost/Anathema we had 9 months.

You then couple that with the fact that a ton of guilds killed nef in the first 3 weeks on Nost. The WORLD FIRST kill on Nef for retail took 2.5 months. So if you just compare the average raider on nost to the world first raiders on retail from a gear perspective, the average nost raiders had 8.25 months of nef gear, the world first guild had 3.5 months of nef gear.

So why is this even relevant to this thread? Because I'd like to suggest that there's a BLIZZLIKE solution to catching up Elysium to Anathema for a merge before Naxx. You just take the time between the world firsts of retail and the next patch on the retail timeline and apply that time to Elysium. People complain up and down how easy raiding is on Elysium vanilla compared to retail, and this is one of the main reasons its so damn easy. Because you have time to farm full BiS before the next content comes out, which in retail FOR THE WORLD FIRST GUILDS they didn't have half the time generally.

So applying this to Elysium, you would want to release BWL ASAP since it should have been out in early April to be Blizzlike. For BWL-AQ there should be 3.5 months between the first Elysium Nef kill and the start of the war effort. This solution gives a far more blizzlike experience to raiders on Elysium, and catches up Elysium to Anathema within ~6months. We then wait for a couple of weeks for Elysium to get some Cthun kills, and merge the servers for the eventual release of Naxx.

This is actually a pretty reasonable middle ground TBH.

+1 for this idea.

Well thought out.

17 hours ago, Haestingas said:

Perfect description.

Elysium team, this guy knowns he say.

18 hours ago, Haestingas said:

On retail Ragnaros took longer to kill after his availability than any other boss ever made in WoW.

C'Thun and Ouro 1 day longer. (in regards to progression ie: previous boss dead, how long it took to kill the next)

But yes I'd be fine with your suggested timeline as well.  Gives hope and sooner than later.

On ‎6‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 1:46 PM, Haestingas said:

+1

On 6/7/2017 at 1:46 PM, Haestingas said:

+1

I understood why it took so long to release content on Nost/Anathema since they had to finish scripting it but on Elysium it doesn't make much sense to delay content.  Maybe it was by design to deter players from choosing Elysium over Anathema?  Clearly didn't work out that way.

I guess to add to this http://www.retributionguild.net/ was a guild on my server and you can see that the war effort started ~4 months after their first nef kill.  They got world first Ouro and within 3 months have a naxx progression post.  For the health of the entire project they should accelerate the Elysium timeline and merge the two servers when their timelines match.  Announcing something like this would help Anathema since new players would have an incentive to roll on Anathema to progress faster than they would on Elysium since the two realms would eventually be merged together.

The staff is waiting too long to take action.

Happened with the War Effort

Happened with Zeth Kur

And now it happens with Anathema and Darrowshire.

They need to do something ASAP beside saying "The population is blizzlike and even a server with 1000 players is well populated"
Your servers are dying Elysium staff and you are sitting there and do nothing beside watching. Not a single statement regarding this issue.
There are dozens of Community Managers but there is no communication. And thats the problem.
Darrowshire will die soon and Anathema is next. Let's merge them when Darrow has reached a maximum of 200 people and Anathema is down to 800 guys.

Since the hype is gone there are way too many servers here and the community is splitted. This is so wrong.