Forest_

Consider eventual open transfers from ZK/Ely/Darrow -> Anathema in the future

Pre post disclaimer: I am a player from Anathema who rolled my character the second original Nostalrius-PvP launched.

From the last Q&A there seem to be a portion of players who rolled on mainly Elysium that are dissatisfied with the current lack of higher level content on their realms.

There would be no negative repercussions of transferring to a more progressed server because they obviously can only acquire gear that is worse than that of the Anathema available gear from BWL/AQ.

Many of us from original Nostalrius-PvP (aka Anathema) are very saddened to see how the population dropped from 10k on Nost to 3-4.5k peaks on Anathema.

The transferring from less progressed to more progressed servers would solve the issue of players who are dissatisfied with the timeline of Elysium (Naxx in 1.5 years) and the slow population decrease that Anathema has experienced/is experiencing.

--

Haestingas' idea that deserve to be in the main post. This combined with open transfers to Anathema would make the overall project much more open and fluid. Everyone would be happy.

On 6/7/2017 at 2:46 PM, Haestingas said:

In retail the patch's either came out faster or the world first clear took forever. Retail had 8 months between WoW release and BWL coming out for the US, for EU they had 7. Nost had 6.5 months. On retail Ragnaros took longer to kill after his availability than any other boss ever made in WoW. He wasn’t killed until 5.5 months after the release of the game. That means for the world first retail guild they had 2.5 months of Rag gear before BWL came out. On Nost it took 2 weeks for the no lifers, and by 2 months in a fair amount of guilds were killing Rag. So the average Nost raider had 4.5 months of Rag gear.

On retail the time between BWL release and the start of the war effort was a bit less than 6 months. On Nost/Anathema we had 9 months.

You then couple that with the fact that a ton of guilds killed nef in the first 3 weeks on Nost. The WORLD FIRST kill on Nef for retail took 2.5 months. So if you just compare the average raider on nost to the world first raiders on retail from a gear perspective, the average nost raiders had 8.25 months of nef gear, the world first guild had 3.5 months of nef gear.

So why is this even relevant to this thread? Because I'd like to suggest that there's a BLIZZLIKE solution to catching up Elysium to Anathema for a merge before Naxx. You just take the time between the world firsts of retail and the next patch on the retail timeline and apply that time to Elysium. People complain up and down how easy raiding is on Elysium vanilla compared to retail, and this is one of the main reasons its so damn easy. Because you have time to farm full BiS before the next content comes out, which in retail FOR THE WORLD FIRST GUILDS they didn't have half the time generally.

So applying this to Elysium, you would want to release BWL ASAP since it should have been out in early April to be Blizzlike. For BWL-AQ there should be 3.5 months between the first Elysium Nef kill and the start of the war effort. This solution gives a far more blizzlike experience to raiders on Elysium, and catches up Elysium to Anathema within ~6months. We then wait for a couple of weeks for Elysium to get some Cthun kills, and merge the servers for the eventual release of Naxx.

C'thun has never been so hungry for fresh and blue geared mortal blood I heard.

On a more serious note, if staff does have the "tech" to make a 10k+ server lagfree and enjoyable for players at peak times then I don't see why we should all be playing different realms when all we want in the end is to play the same game. United we stand, divided we fall.

Nostalrius Begins managed, unintentionally, to unite the vanilla community which was playing on different projects and servers over the span of years. Right now this community is divided across several realms and those who opted for fresh realm(s) realized mistakes were made by both previous staff and themselves or simply didn't even have the choice if they wanted to play a character (looking at you ZK refugees who rolled there because queue times simply suck hard).

You start to hear everyday Elysium realm players complaining about farming MC mindlessly with awful loot tables and close to no other content. While they have been warned it would be progressive patch releases, they might have not realized what it actually meant. Not everyone has already been through farming MC (and BWL) for years in the past like the majority. But I'm quite confident close to nobody is enjoying playing a realm with all the mistakes Blizzard had eventually fixed. Go explain me what's good or enjoyable in not having AV, in having BoP Black Lotus, in having no spelldmg from raid drops, etc and waiting for too many months or even years to experience next raid tiers.

Being forced to handle 3-4 realms on different patches, itemization, db, hardware, content to release, etc. is adding a quite consistent and tedious workload on all departments of staff as well which could be used into working on content quality, bug fixing and development instead.

However, please only consider this if you are confident in your ability to provide a lagfree experience for 1 pvp and 1 pve realm (there is a need for a pve realm, it should remain filled and Darrowshire is doing just fine while being less "progressed" than Anathema). The work and time spent by Nost staff to fix lag (nobody was enjoying the server at 10K pop with 5 secs delay at peak hours everyday) and add things like dynamic respawns, phasing into every single Azeroth zone, etc shall not go to waste.

You've got in your hands the fate of what becomes of this community. Player base had already warned that splitting it into 4 different realms was barely a short term solution at best to a short term problem with nothing positive in the long run and hopefully you are realizing it right now. Listen this time around. Build bridges, not walls.

Accelerated Elysium/ZK timelines with the goal of unifying the PVP realms eventually when their content patches synchronize would benefit anyone who would be interested in such a transfer while also allowing the people who aren't interested a chance to experience the progressive releases they were promised and the AQ-release events so that they don't protest.

Downside being accelerated patches are probably a burden on the devs to some degree.

Personally I think it would be better for the timelines for Elysium and Darrowshire should be sped up so all three are on the same patch. When they're on the same patch it opens the door for transfers between all three realms, and for cross-realm battlegrounds.

However, a temporary fix for the morale of some players on Elysium and Anathema might be to allow a one-way transfer for a short period of time as the OP suggested. I don't think it would benefit Darrowshire to be included in this because (A) they have less population than Anathema, and (B) most of the people who WOULD take the transfer away from Darrowshire would probably be horde players, and it's already very badly skewed in Alliance's favour as it is.

Darrowshire Alliance player.

Darrowshire and ZK should both be forcibly devoured by Anathema!

I just started playing here and after reading this, I'm wondering if I joined the wrong server. I joined the server Elysium because it had the highest population. After reading this post I'm wondering if I should of went to Anathema instead since it is progressed more. Do we think open transfers will happen or should I just roll a new character on Anathema? I haven't even progressed that far on the server I'm on. 

2 hours ago, Enigma346 said:

I just started playing here and after reading this, I'm wondering if I joined the wrong server. I joined the server Elysium because it had the highest population. After reading this post I'm wondering if I should of went to Anathema instead since it is progressed more. Do we think open transfers will happen or should I just roll a new character on Anathema? I haven't even progressed that far on the server I'm on. 

That's up to you. Would you like to wait for Naxx in 1.5 years, or would you like to see it in 6 months?

Some people might enjoy the longevity that Elysium provides giving them a 'home' for the better part of 2 years, others like you (and many others from what I gather) are annoyed with the fact that BWL is still 4 months away, AV isn't out yet, ZG isn't for 9 months, AQ not for 1 year, Naxx not for 1.5 years.

It's a long way back to reroll on Elysium if you played on Nostalrius. Nost was on the verge of AQ, and now we have it, all the freshies are now realizing they gave up over a year of progression and patches when re-maining on Elysium. A big mistake that many are realizing, but I'm sure a good amount are brand new players too.

It's just the fact that anything before ZG pretty much sucked hard in vanilla, there isn't anything to do besides PvP in BRM, raid for 2 hours a week, and the gear from MC/Ony sucks. ZG and AQ both bring with it PUG'able 20 mans, more advanced gearing, enchanting, recipes, etc. Opens the world up to being more active in multiple zones, the list goes on.

The further the patches progressed the more things there were to do in Azeroth. You won't find any 60's outside of BRM or capital cities on Elysium right now, and that's kinda lame.

The Anathema population decline is spiraling out of control, because every newbie is attracted to the higher pop server by default, even though he's probably going to regret it later. Transfers are the only way to save the server, I've yet to sell a 5stack of Devilsaur leather for 3 days now.

It's just unfortunate that Elysium didn't learn from the mistake of Kronos. I played on K1 when Nost was down and K2 slowly killed K1 due to being the more fresh realm. What happened on Kronos 1 is EXACTLY WHAT IS HAPPENING TO ANATHEMA! The vast majority of new players are going to Elysium, leaving Anathema with no new blood to refill their ranks when they lose raiders to normal WoW attrition.

You can already see this happening, in the last 2 weeks 3 NA horde guilds died, Accidental Misloot, Pro by Default, and Last Resort due to lack of recruits. This will stem the bleeding from the other NA guilds for a while when they recruit the remains, until eventually the next guild dies. This will repeat until we are left with ~3 NA horde guilds at best filled with hardcore raid loggers.

CTRL F "summer", CTRL F "season"... hmm, no - Ok:

It's summer time also (well, in most places)... quite normal to have less people around during this time. A lot of oldschoolers with other priorities during this time.

On 5/20/2017 at 0:32 PM, Forest_ said:

From the last Q&A there seem to be a portion of players who rolled on mainly Elysium that are dissatisfied with the current lack of higher level content on their realms.

I play alot on Elysium and raid with 3 different guilds and have not heard a single player complain about this.  If we Elysium players wanted a more progressed server we would have rolled on one.

5 hours ago, TheRealJindo said:

We on Elysium don't want to have lower population just because you guys need more population. Period.

You won't?  You get the influx of new players, that will sustain you.

No, not really. It's not like all current players stay on Elysium. THe amount of ppl that quit is about equal to those who join the realm.

NA numbers are dropping, a lot of good guilds that full clear AQ are struggling to fill raids. You guys screwed over Anathema by making Elysium even with the VERY recent evidence on Kronos that releasing a newer server will bleed out the more progressed one. So instead of following the example of the legendary server Nostalrius that brought Elysium out of dumpster status, you instead ignore history and launch Elysium + ZK.

So instead of having a gigantic ever growing server with the most ridiculously awesome world pvp ever seen in the history of vanilla wow, we now have 1 server that is already on life support ZK, a server that will bleed out in ~4-5 months Anathema, a decent sized stable PvE server Darrowshire, and a large server that is stable in Elysium.

A big part of the reason that Nost kept growing was due to the server population snowballing and bringing more players due to the ever increasing crazy population. The server population NEVER stopped growing in the entire history of Nost, reaching ~15k at its peak. Instead of that we have a net loss of players across the Elysium project because the community is split.

You need to shut down new account creation on Elysium or something similarly drastic or Anathema will die a painful death. This needs to be done within 2-3 months or the decline in population will start snowballing as people realize they don't want to sink with the ship. Kronos was stubborn and foolish and ignored the players calls for help for 5 fucking months before finally admitting that something had to be done. By then the NA Alliance raiding community had been decimated, losing 70% of our raiding guilds and fracturing 100s of friendships and bonds that were created there. Horde was down to literally TWO fucking NA raiding guilds. LEARN FROM THEIR MISTAKES, start discussing possible solutions NOW and take action ASAP.

On ‎20‎-‎5‎-‎2017 at 9:36 PM, saintnixon said:

Accelerated Elysium/ZK timelines with the goal of unifying the PVP realms eventually when their content patches synchronize would benefit anyone who would be interested in such a transfer while also allowing the people who aren't interested a chance to experience the progressive releases they were promised and the AQ-release events so that they don't protest.

Downside being accelerated patches are probably a burden on the devs to some degree.

This. Arguable this is blizzlike because we started patches with a lot more information

On 5/20/2017 at 2:49 PM, Slicy said:

Build bridges, not walls.

This.  Transfers to Anathema or hell even allow Anathema players to faction change (I know there is leg work involved) so they can join a raiding guild that fits their time slot.  -  fall into the category at the moment.  I can only raid Tues / Thurs late night NA.  Since <ThunderCats> went under due to attrition the only guild that raids that schedule is on Horde.   Currently my options are PUG 20 mans (which I do and host), reroll Horde (putting 75 days played in the trash and hoping the horde guild doesn't go under trying to recruit players), or reroll Elysium to raid MC.

On 5/25/2017 at 1:27 AM, Haestingas said:

in the last 2 weeks 3 NA horde guilds died

4 NA guilds as well in the last month.  RIP <ThunderCats> RIP <Ritual> RIP < Make Azeroth Great Again>, and another I can't think of the other off the top of my head.  I know many are no longer playing but want to, that don't have a home.  Remaining guilds filled their 3-6 slots/reserve roles and leaves many hanging.  The player-base isn't there to kick up a new 40-man guild out of nowhere.  Players have specific times and days they can play in general and it limits their options.

On 6/1/2017 at 2:43 PM, Haestingas said:

LEARN FROM THEIR MISTAKES, start discussing possible solutions NOW and take action ASAP.

This as well.  Very important.  Make adjustments as needed.  Like you guys did with with 5k logon queue.  Many games die out because of delayed execution of what is needed for the community.  WildStar is a recent retail-version of a game that is another example.  After they hype of release, servers shrunk - the heavily invested community cried for merges, and they didn't take action until 90% of the playerbase had quit due to the inability to fill 40 man raid rosters.  They then brought everybody to 1 server, but the damage was done.

ESO same issue.  Retail WoW had the same issue which was subsided with cross-realm LFG/LFR.

The community needs a spark.  Allowing transfers to the server or faction changes will bring people together.  Not everybody will agree with decisions you guys make, but like EVERY decision where you catch flame on forums, everybody is happy after the dust settles.  It will keep the Elysium Team's mission going strong in regards to longevity.   There WILL eventually be a time when there is only 1 PVP / 1 PVE server.  I just hope that time isn't too far down the road that the dedicated players who have been here since day 1 are here to see it and it isn't held off for so long that populations don't take too much of a hit.

- A Current Spectator / 20 man Pugger - 

I love how you want to ruin Elysium PVP just to keep your server alive. This exact same argument was made by ZK fanboys. It's rational, but inconsiderate. 

Except we gave birth to you son, ZK was just the overflow server.I love how you want to ruin Anathema PvP just to keep your server alive.

Yeah.... No. Feenix gave birth to Nostalrius by banning 20k+ players. Without that your precious Anathema server never got hype. And considering I'm a 7+ year vanilla veteran, I pretty much gave birth to your server.