Forest_

Consider eventual open transfers from ZK/Ely/Darrow -> Anathema in the future

21 hours ago, Fyron said:

The staff is waiting too long to take action.

Happened with the War Effort

Happened with Zeth Kur

And now it happens with Anathema and Darrowshire.

They need to do something ASAP beside saying "The population is blizzlike and even a server with 1000 players is well populated"
Your servers are dying Elysium staff and you are sitting there and do nothing beside watching. Not a single statement regarding this issue.
There are dozens of Community Managers but there is no communication. And thats the problem.
Darrowshire will die soon and Anathema is next. Let's merge them when Darrow has reached a maximum of 200 people and Anathema is down to 800 guys.

Since the hype is gone there are way too many servers here and the community is splitted. This is so wrong.

Last time I checked anathema-project.org is not an actual site. The staff is doing a great job and their flagship server Elysium is doing just fine.

38 minutes ago, Banezilla said:

Last time I checked anathema-project.org is not an actual site. The staff is doing a great job and their flagship server Elysium is doing just fine.

Do you have this like copy pasted ready to go at all times? This is literally the only thing you say on the forums. Might as well just replace you with "Flagship Server Bot 5000" and we'd get the same result. You add nothing to any thread that you jump into, just a really bad troll lol.

P.S. Thanks for the free bump to the top of the suggestion list!

--

Also in case people want to actually talk about the topic this thread is regarding:

Bump for the idea of increasing Elysium's patch speed to 3.5ish months per patch to match Blizzlike retail kill world first Rag/Hakkar/Nef/Cthun to their following patch. This would allow for an eventual merge leaving us with a server with 5-8k pop depending on peak times.

Either that or just the original suggestion with allowing anyone to server transfer at any time to the top patched available server.

1 hour ago, Banezilla said:

Well thought out. You don't sound like an idiot at all...

As someone who plays on ZK and will soon be transferring to Ely, I wouldn't mind the patches being released quicker with an eventual merge of the servers.  While most of the releases for Elysium are fairly well timed, some of them are extensive for no real reason.  Most of the releases are two months, which seems like a decent period.  However, patch 1.8 contains the Dragons of Nightmare with no other major content, but it lasts three months.  Patch 1.10 contains no major content at all, yet it's another three months.  You could take both of those down to a month and a half without any real repercussions to save a bit of time.

One thing I'd like to say is I chose to roll anathema instead of Elysium.  I hit 60 in April and jumped right into raiding.  The catch up was fast because a lot of raid guilds don't need much loot anymore from mc/bwl so you get geared quickly.  

I do highly recommend trying out anathema as guilds need raiders and have extra gear to give the newer players.  As a bonus you don't have to farm mc/bwl for months.

just my 2c, take for what you will

All I'm saying is Anathema shouldn't be the focus of the staff and they're doing a great job.

Anathema is serving it's purpose by testing all of their content patches for the moment. If they really wanted to save Anathema they would speed up the Elysium timeline and eventually merge Anathema into Elysium.

AV is still due to be released this month on Elysium, no rush guys. Maybe they're waiting for the ZK transfers to finish?

17 minutes ago, Banezilla said:

All I'm saying is Anathema shouldn't be the focus of the staff and they're doing a great job.

This is literally the definition of selfish and not adding anything to the discussion. In case you're unaware the testing of content is the job of QA and Anathema's job is to have fun.

All you do is troll posts related to Anathema, please go do something else.

58 minutes ago, Banezilla said:

Anathema is serving it's purpose by testing all of their content patches for the moment. If they really wanted to save Anathema they would speed up the Elysium timeline and eventually merge Anathema into Elysium.

AV is still due to be released this month on Elysium, no rush guys. Maybe they're waiting for the ZK transfers to finish?

The purpose isn't to test content... pretty dumb statement.

What i see now Horde side there is

6 Eu guilds

5 National guilds

3 Chinese guilds

5 NA guilds

When this was the list when reopening (doesn't even have all guilds)

<Accidental Misloot> TBD Days (2100 EST) [H][NA] Dont seem to raid anymore

<Convulsion> Mon/Wed/ Sun (1730 PST) [H][NA] Disbanded

<Dankk Budz Collective> Sat, Sun (2200-0200 CET) [H][EU]

<Dreamstate> Wed/ Thurs/ Sun (1900-2330 GMT+1) [H][EU]

<Earth Walkers> Tues/Thurs (2000-000 EST) Sunday (1900-000 EST) [H][NA] Disbanded

<Emphasis> Mon/Wed/Thurs (19:00 - 23:00 Server time) [H][EU] Disbanded

<Endurance> Wed/Thu (18.45 ST) [H] [EU] Disbanded

<Endzeit> Wed/ Sun.  Raid times unknown [H][Ger] Disbanded (merged with Lost)

<Gnarly> Mon/ Wed/ Sun (1845-2230 unkown time zone)[H][EU]

<Last Resort> Thurs/Sun (1900-2300 Server time) [H][EU] Disbanded

<Last Stand> Tues/ Thurs/ Sun (2000-0000 EST) [H][NA] 

<Momentum> Wed/Thurs/Sun (2030-0000 EST) [H][NA] Disbanded

<Nightcall> Mon/Wed/Sat (2030-0000 GMT+1) [H][FR]

<Pro By Default> Wed/Sun (1930-2330 EST) [H][NA] Disbanded

<PROGRESSION> Sat/Sun (2000-2400 GMT+1) [H][NA] Disbanded

<Rage> Sat/ Sun (2000 Server time) [H][EU]

<Reign> Thur/Fri/Sat (2000-0000 EST) [H][NA]

<Return> Wed/Thurs (1900-2300 CEST) [H][EU] Disbanded

<Ruins> Mon/Wed/Sat (unknown times) [H][FR] Disbanded

<Strangers With Candy> Unknown raid times/day [H][NA] Disbanded (or dont raid weekly basis)

<Team Blackout> Tues/ Thurs (2000-0000 EST) [H][NA]

<Titans of War>  Wed (2000 EST) [H][NA] Disbanded

So over 50% of EU / NA guilds have died past 3-4 months and i know around 8-10 guilds disbanding past 3 weeks.

Everything was over on that faithful day in March 2016. It was nice believing things could go back how they were but those dreamlike days will never return.

May the Nostcucks never find peace.

There's a few more guilds contemplating packing up shop and moving to gummys depending on how that launch affects Anathema's population, I can't speak for alliance but us horde are struggling to recruit and retain players. Next to no new players join the server so the only recruits we get are when another guild disbands.

If something isn't announced before gummy announces a release it could spell the end of the NA community on Anathema.

And im not saying this as a complaint, im one of the few who charge right into you guys, but you guys in scuba might be pushing some of these other NA guilds out the door faster. Raids go from focus to infighting every time you wipe one of them.

Amathema had less than 1000 players last night on (forgot to s/s ,sorry)

i just wanna play with more people :( like a transfer of some sorts :( i dont mind if they take away my items that "dont exist" in elysium's timeframe just let me into a 7k pop server ...like it was before

Might be a bad idea but they could do something like what Path of Exile does with their leagues.  Basically Anathema = Standard league, Fresh realms = New leagues that PoE introduces periodically.

So, with Elysium and other upcoming fresh servers they could have a timeline something like this:

June – Release AV

July – Release BWL

September – Release ZG/Nightmare Dragons

November – War effort -> Release AQ20 / AQ40 (this time don’t make the war effort last longer than a couple weeks)

January – Merge with Anathema

After merging Elysium, they could create a new fresh realm ~2-3 month later and follow a similar timeline wherein ~10 months that realm would reach Naxx and merge with Anathema.  They could keep doing this continuously so that there’s almost always a fresh realm for players who might have missed their chance at experiencing it but since these fresh realms eventually feed into the final realm the final realm doesn’t really die off.  If you make it to Naxx you aren’t going to reroll fresh, the fresh realms basically attract new players who likely wouldn’t be able to help a Naxx level guild anyway.

The nice thing about this is it lines up with how it was in retail vanilla.  For instance, there was 2 months in-between world first Cthun and Naxx opening.  On Anathema, it’s going to be way longer than that which kind of diminishes the vanilla feel.  I remember back in retail vanilla there were only a handful of guilds on my server that could kill C’thun by the time Naxx was released, maybe with this timeline it would be like that on Elysium too.  A timeline like this would make vanilla raiding feel more vanilla like.  We shouldn’t be farming content for 6+ months before we get to the next tier, that didn’t happen in retail vanilla.  It shouldn’t happen here even more so because the average guild on these servers are way better than the guilds from retail vanilla and delaying content just means they will be over geared for the new content.

The only reason it was like this on Nost / Anathema was because the content wasn’t ready, but that excuse doesn’t really hold for the newer servers.  I honestly wouldn’t mind rerolling on a fresh server if I knew it would reach Naxx within ~10 months because raiding when content is fresh and you aren’t over gearing everything is more fun and vanilla like IMO.

This would also add to the longevity of the project as a whole.  I feel like by the time Elysium reaches Naxx those who missed out wouldn't be able to truly experience vanilla and that seems to be the whole point of this project, to let people relive vanilla as it was (with some minor twinks, 1.12.1 talents etc).

8 hours ago, quasexort said:

June – Release AV

July – Release BWL

November – War effort -> Release AQ20 / AQ40 (this time don’t make the war effort last longer than a couple weeks)

That would be nice but... There is sufficent Dev's to complain that?

And.

Wanna dev's want to do that?

2 hours ago, dequecojonesvais said:

That would be nice but... There is sufficent Dev's to complain that?

And.

Wanna dev's want to do that?

Bro... what does any of that mean? 

2 hours ago, Ickus said:

Bro... what does any of that mean? 

that timeline pruporse it's too fast. i don't know if they can do that work in that time, also when sheena was here we have more information about all.

Now actual staff i sense there is no updates, almost too often.

5 hours ago, dequecojonesvais said:

that timeline pruporse it's too fast. i don't know if they can do that work in that time, also when sheena was here we have more information about all.

Now actual staff i sense there is no updates, almost too often.

They definitely have the devs to do that... there's no work to be done for BWL, Zg,AQ and the war effort... it's just a matter of implementing the patches

On 6/16/2017 at 1:37 AM, Yogab said:

What i see now Horde side there is

6 Eu guilds

5 National guilds

3 Chinese guilds

5 NA guilds

When this was the list when reopening (doesn't even have all guilds)

<Accidental Misloot> TBD Days (2100 EST) [H][NA] Dont seem to raid anymore

<Convulsion> Mon/Wed/ Sun (1730 PST) [H][NA] Disbanded

<Dankk Budz Collective> Sat, Sun (2200-0200 CET) [H][EU]

<Dreamstate> Wed/ Thurs/ Sun (1900-2330 GMT+1) [H][EU]

<Earth Walkers> Tues/Thurs (2000-000 EST) Sunday (1900-000 EST) [H][NA] Disbanded

<Emphasis> Mon/Wed/Thurs (19:00 - 23:00 Server time) [H][EU] Disbanded

<Endurance> Wed/Thu (18.45 ST) [H] [EU] Disbanded

<Endzeit> Wed/ Sun.  Raid times unknown [H][Ger] Disbanded (merged with Lost)

<Gnarly> Mon/ Wed/ Sun (1845-2230 unkown time zone)[H][EU]

<Last Resort> Thurs/Sun (1900-2300 Server time) [H][EU] Disbanded

<Last Stand> Tues/ Thurs/ Sun (2000-0000 EST) [H][NA] 

<Momentum> Wed/Thurs/Sun (2030-0000 EST) [H][NA] Disbanded

<Nightcall> Mon/Wed/Sat (2030-0000 GMT+1) [H][FR]

<Pro By Default> Wed/Sun (1930-2330 EST) [H][NA] Disbanded

<PROGRESSION> Sat/Sun (2000-2400 GMT+1) [H][NA] Disbanded

<Rage> Sat/ Sun (2000 Server time) [H][EU]

<Reign> Thur/Fri/Sat (2000-0000 EST) [H][NA]

<Return> Wed/Thurs (1900-2300 CEST) [H][EU] Disbanded

<Ruins> Mon/Wed/Sat (unknown times) [H][FR] Disbanded

<Strangers With Candy> Unknown raid times/day [H][NA] Disbanded (or dont raid weekly basis)

<Team Blackout> Tues/ Thurs (2000-0000 EST) [H][NA]

<Titans of War>  Wed (2000 EST) [H][NA] Disbanded

So over 50% of EU / NA guilds have died past 3-4 months and i know around 8-10 guilds disbanding past 3 weeks.

Do this with Alliance guilds. Only ones I know recently were <INSOMINA> <Entitled> <Ritual> <Thundercats> <Make Azeroth Great Again> and a couple others I'm forgetting that have disbanded in just the last month.  Wonder who'll be this month.

В 17.06.2017 в 04:53, quasexort сказал:

So, with Elysium and other upcoming fresh servers they could have a timeline something like this:

June – Release AV

July – Release BWL

Anathema will die even faster than war effort comes. The only good way is to merge Anathema(with replacing AQ loot) with Elysium right after ZG patch(Elysium should updated in August to that patch, still pretty blizzlike).

4 hours ago, Sulf said:

Anathema will die even faster than war effort comes. The only good way is to merge Anathema(with replacing AQ loot) with Elysium right after ZG patch(Elysium should updated in August to that patch, still pretty blizzlike).

You realize that the technical work required from the developers to do something like this is literally impossible?

Off the top of my head you would have to do the following: Reenable all quests past 1.7 for all Anathema players, remove all quest items, gear, tokens, enchants, formulas, recipes.. upgrade hardware to handle 9k people.. deal with transfer bugs, etc.

So not only is this idea not good, its developmentally impossible. WoW patches are forwards compatible, not backwards compatible.

The only time we might merge is when Elysium has reached Naxx too. Anathema isn't in a bad place right now, its just not in a great one. A pretty stable medium pop server, things are ok.

32 минуты назад, Forest_ сказал:

You realize that the technical work required from the developers to do something like this is literally impossible?

Off the top of my head you would have to do the following: Reenable all quests past 1.7 for all Anathema players, remove all quest items, gear, tokens, enchants, formulas, recipes.. upgrade hardware to handle 9k people.. deal with transfer bugs, etc.

So not only is this idea not good, its developmentally impossible. WoW patches are forwards compatible, not backwards compatible.

The only time we might merge is when Elysium has reached Naxx too. Anathema isn't in a bad place right now, its just not in a great one. A pretty stable medium pop server, things are ok.

Thats much easyer than you're thinking. And again, there is no other way looks like... Pop is falling on everyday basis. I think that Administration is waiting till all ppl will stop playing it, so they can close it w/o transfer like you know, theres is 20 ppl online with 70k golds. We cant transfer em.

Just wanted to say I'm glad to see that Haestingas' portion of this suggestion thread has been implemented regarding faster patching.

Good decision overall.