Sign in to follow this  
Dingo9109

How are Druids in world pvp?

37 posts in this topic

It went so far above my head Jupiter threw it back and knocked me out. Well, only one thing left to say:

Spoiler

Alliance rulez! Horde Drewlz!

can't you get similar effect from the totems?  Or does WF and the manaregen totem overlap eachother? This ofc requires you to be on the range of said totems and on same group with shaman instead of the freedom that the buffs give you on alliance side.

10 hours ago, Roxanne Flowers said:

Offer not valid on Red Side.

ferals are shit on hordeside anyway. no kings, but wf, which gives you no benefit.

On 9/12/2017 at 2:00 PM, flowqz said:

ferals are shit on hordeside anyway. no kings, but wf, which gives you no benefit.

I wouldn't say that.Warstomp and 5% health is brilliant to get a heal off and good against warlock and caster interrupts which u lack.Very good in world PvP and 1 vs 1.

In group PvP your biggest problem is fears and as horde u will face less locks and also u have tremor totem which is better than anything a pally can offer.

Warrior and druid are the only efficient tanks on horde for 5 and 10man so u can easily group up.

Pally can give bof which we don't need anyway cuz u can shapeshift out of slow and if u need bof then u are just a bad druid.The only good thing is they give u blessing might,Kings and bop...They can cleanse too but it's only 1 magic effect and I would rather take the totems cuz they are more reliable.

Another thing is as horde u don't get dispelled as much since priest can dispel only,where as being ally u can be purged and dispelled.If your hots a gone then your only heal is healing touch and that long ass cast is meh.

It's preference anyways.A shaman can put down totems without much skill and he is still valuable where as a bad paladin which majority are is worse.

Kings is nice but still , if u worried about dps numbers and stuff then u should go ally but if u more focused on world PvP and 1 vs 1 then definitely horde.

On 9/12/2017 at 6:43 AM, Schadenfreude said:

can't you get similar effect from the totems?  Or does WF and the manaregen totem overlap eachother? This ofc requires you to be on the range of said totems and on same group with shaman instead of the freedom that the buffs give you on alliance side.

The mana regen totem is the horde's answer to blessing of wisdom and WF doesn't work in druid forms. With JoW you can get upwards of 35-38 mana per second at the final rank.

3 hours ago, Whitewolf said:

The mana regen totem is the horde's answer to blessing of wisdom and WF doesn't work in druid forms. With JoW you can get upwards of 35-38 mana per second at the final rank.

I understand how the WF wont work with the forms due to elemental weps but in  theory if you minmax it up to hell and get single whitehit between powershifts you could get some use from it. This would require near lagless server and good player so reality of it happening consistently are near zero on ely tho.

But what's the deal with BoW working while in form but Manaregen totem not? And you sure JoW works while in form? ofc it is huge increase anyway with the whitehits between switches. Also is it "standard" on ally side to use slot for JoW?

I should take a look on ely core to see how they actually calculate these things just for curiosity and understanding better.

11 hours ago, Schadenfreude said:

I understand how the WF wont work with the forms due to elemental weps but in  theory if you minmax it up to hell and get single whitehit between powershifts you could get some use from it. This would require near lagless server and good player so reality of it happening consistently are near zero on ely tho.

But what's the deal with BoW working while in form but Manaregen totem not? And you sure JoW works while in form? ofc it is huge increase anyway with the whitehits between switches. Also is it "standard" on ally side to use slot for JoW?

I should take a look on ely core to see how they actually calculate these things just for curiosity and understanding better.

noone uses jow

7 minutes ago, Roxanne Flowers said:

FTFY

jow on bosses is a wasted debuffslot. i was talking about raids not 5mans.

Why would you ever try to get a white hit in between powershifting just to get a chance at a single wf proc? This is just silly! It would mean that you wouldnt have weightstone on (+8 damage) which i am sure would be a huge loss in DPS. *Not to mention the fact that white attacks in caster form pause your white attacks made in cat form until your caster form swingtimer resets, which in general is also a decrease in DPS...as a red druid I will happily agree that if you wanna do max DPS go blue.

8 hours ago, Razorwynd said:

Why would you ever try to get a white hit in between powershifting just to get a chance at a single wf proc? This is just silly! It would mean that you wouldnt have weightstone on (+8 damage) which i am sure would be a huge loss in DPS. *Not to mention the fact that white attacks in caster form pause your white attacks made in cat form until your caster form swingtimer resets, which in general is also a decrease in DPS...as a red druid I will happily agree that if you wanna do max DPS go blue.

Using the weight stone is considered abusing a bug, but I don't know anyone banned for it.

10 hours ago, flowqz said:

jow on bosses is a wasted debuffslot. i was talking about raids not 5mans.

It's about raid composition and fight length. JoW can be really valuable, such as a fight running longer than a minute with several ferals and/or rets.

But I'm sure every raid vets class composition to the detriment of friends and reliability.