Orpheus148

does the griefing calm down at all?

first of all I know Elysium is a pvp server and I do enjoy the occasional wpvp, but I think at a certain point it becomes a bit ridiculous when you can't get a single thing done. It makes the game unenjoyable. Currently I'm 34, I wasn't sure if things got any better in the 40s and above.

Nope, get use to it. You learn to go to different areas or grind out mobs until it calms down a bit 

At 60 once you don't have to stay in Neutral zones to level anymore you'll mainly get the occasional wpvp at the dungeon entrances like BRM and Dire Maul as well as popular flightmasters. So yes it does calm down, after you're max level. Other than that, not really - there's almost always some incentive to kill players of the opposing faction. It's especially grievous at 50+ when the 60's have a reason to gank you for honor.

Like Kisty said the name of the game is learning to avoid the gankers. Best way to do this is avoid the quest areas and most popular zones. Find a nice place to grind mobs that also gets you paid somehow. For example I am 38 on my alt so I kill the rock elemental in Arathie Highlands. I've got about 25 elemental earths so far which are 2g a piece. 

I also strongly suggest you make an Alt. When things aren't going your way or your getting ganked a bunch it can be really refreshing to get a break from all that on another character for a while then you can return to your main later. 

Some zones you won't experience it at all and others can be cancerous. Just have to fine good spots. I found 30-39 to be the worst bracket for leveling. 40's was cake and 50's was even easier. 

At fifteen, I had the will to learn; at thirty, I could stand; at forty, I had no doubts; at fifty, I understood the heavenly Bidding; at sixty, my ears were opened; at seventy, I could do as my heart lusted without trespassing from the square.

The game world is too small for the population of Elysium, this is why it's not enjoyable - you're not playing the game the way it was designed by Blizzard.

1 hour ago, Hurricane2 said:

It's not too small and in fact you could double the pop on Elysium and that would be perfect.

Sure, but you'd be playing Corpse Runner, not World of Warcraft.

Make friends and group up or at the very least hang out near other players of your faction. A group of level 40s can kill a single level 60 if they have to.

I can understand relevant pvp - and expect to get killed often by roaming Horde, but the dipshits that get on the roof in Darkshire (Horde) to shoot lowbies are a sad lot.  They can't even stand up to the guards?  That's pretty pathetic.  Or the level 60 hunter letting his pet kill lvl 10s, oh man you are impressive!  I don't think I've ever been that bored in a game.

1 hour ago, Sassii said:

I can understand relevant pvp - and expect to get killed often by roaming Horde, but the dipshits that get on the roof in Darkshire (Horde) to shoot lowbies are a sad lot.  They can't even stand up to the guards?  That's pretty pathetic.  Or the level 60 hunter letting his pet kill lvl 10s, oh man you are impressive!  I don't think I've ever been that bored in a game.

Ok that 1st example is pretty lame to do but the Hunter pet killing lvl 10s is hilarious.

8 hours ago, Hurricane2 said:

Ok that 1st example is pretty lame to do but the Hunter pet killing lvl 10s is hilarious.

It's hilarious since some Hunter pets can solo some classes at equal levels.

On 6/6/2017 at 6:31 AM, Orpheus148 said:

It makes the game unenjoyable.

Please don't take this the wrong way, but speak for yourself. I find it very enjoyable, as do many other players. I'm a baddy mcbadderson and basically a free honor kill but wPvP and players being able to kill each other is literally the only reason I developed any interest in WoW in the first place. I'm really not one to go around ganking lowbies and locking down quest hubs, but I don't mind one bit being on the receiving end of this behavior, it was and still is a huge draw for me. I like the constant conflict and rivalry between the factions and danger lurking around every contested corner.

I played retail for like 10 years, hopping between PvP, PvE, and RP realms and learned a few things when I don't feel like /pointing and /laughing at my dead questgivers.

1.) I can fly to org and empty bags, put stuff on the auction house, restock on pet food and ammo.

2.) If my quest hub of choice is still locked down I can quest someplace else. Somewhere out there are some level-appropriate quests I can do to pass the time.

3.) Queue for some BGs.

4.) Take a break and level some professions. Turn on a movie and do a few laps around Mulgore to farm copper for an alt. Level fishing and cooking.

5.) Make an alt.

6.) Log off of WoW completely and go do something else. Good time to weed the garden or walk the dog.

7.) Get an angry mob together and exact sweet vengeance.

Don't be in such a rush. Enjoy the game. People like to say "this isn't what Blizz intended" but I started shortly before the BG patch went live and it was whatever is going on now on steroids, x9000. XR and the SM entrances were always littered with corpses and skeletons. It was glorious.

On 6/15/2017 at 4:36 AM, Sassii said:

All of these things are hilarious.

Not going to say that I haven't had my hunter pet chase down people, but a level 60 killing 10's, that's just funny for a bit.  Kinda like dotting them up and watching a whole bunch fall over dead!  I've done that, but not my choice for pvp.

Sobreta you're right though, there is always plenty to do if you don't like getting killed repeatedly or if the quest hub is dead.

I may be in the minority here but I always loved it. I played on a pvp server on live and I always thought that was what was fun about it. Grinding around, never knowing that at the turn of any corner it could be your last. Even the other night when I was grinding in Shimmering flats it ended up turning into a full blown pvp battle which was great! I understand that pvp is not for everyone, but the biggest advice I have to give is patients. If you get ganked it is not the end of the world. You can always try to fight back, or take a break, or find another place. 

At the end of the day you get to 60 when you get there. Most people it seems do not have the patients and get frustrated, next time you get ganked, just relax and laugh it off. 

i still wonder if the guys that write something about "patience" or it "not beeing that bad" are playing alliance or horde.

I play alliance.

Shimmering flats was awesome on the 2 chars I leveled. I did come to hate rogues there though and that feeling has not abated.

If you play a cookie cutter class and spec, sure, PVP is fun. If that's not the case, enjoy running back to the corpse as you waste your life away.

On 6/19/2017 at 2:53 AM, flowqz said:

i still wonder if the guys that write something about "patience" or it "not beeing that bad" are playing alliance or horde.

About to roll an alliance toon, but it won't be the first time I've played one faction grossly outnumbered by the other faction.