Sign in to follow this  
xdhehelol

PVP BG 3 MAN CAP

muh honor muh gear, most rankers will get to r14 or r13 and then stop pvping at all just afk in IF,

Anyone who thinks this should happen, are the same type of people who ruined retail WoW with their never ending whining and wanting their hand held through the content. It was Blizzard's fault for pandering to them and I hope Elysium doesn't make the same mistake.

If you don't like getting stomped off premades, make your own and beat them.

Vanilla WoW is a meritocracy, you get what you earn, you get what you deserve. The players who are in these premades worked to get there. They had enough about them to earn their spot in these groups. Why should someone who plays 20 hours a week have the same reward as someone who plays 20 hours a day? They shouldn't.

These premades didn't just pop into existance, Rome wasn't built in a day and neither were they. It's the same with the kids who cry about the Devilsaur Mafia, it's as though they think the players who use and abuse it just materialised with a full premade and devilsaur farming. You have to earn your place, and people who put more effort in should get more rewards. Everyone starts from level 1, everyone has EXACTLY the same level of opportunity, and just because you can't hack it - it doesn't mean the entire game needs to change to cater to you.

It's that simple, don't ask the server to give you a crutch just because you're too lazy, or too bad, to get your own group together and beat these people.

Elysium, I beg you, please stop trying to fix problems that don't exist, premades are a core part of the vanilla experience for a lot of your population. Please focus on problems that do exist (battleground marks that don't expire in the mail for starters / updating pvp gear far too late (1.11)).

6 hours ago, Tribe2 said:

Anyone who thinks this should happen, are the same type of people who ruined retail WoW with their never ending whining and wanting their hand held through the content. It was Blizzard's fault for pandering to them and I hope Elysium doesn't make the same mistake.

If you don't like getting stomped off premades, make your own and beat them.

Vanilla WoW is a meritocracy, you get what you earn, you get what you deserve. The players who are in these premades worked to get there. They had enough about them to earn their spot in these groups. Why should someone who plays 20 hours a week have the same reward as someone who plays 20 hours a day? They shouldn't.

These premades didn't just pop into existance, Rome wasn't built in a day and neither were they. It's the same with the kids who cry about the Devilsaur Mafia, it's as though they think the players who use and abuse it just materialised with a full premade and devilsaur farming. You have to earn your place, and people who put more effort in should get more rewards. Everyone starts from level 1, everyone has EXACTLY the same level of opportunity, and just because you can't hack it - it doesn't mean the entire game needs to change to cater to you.

It's that simple, don't ask the server to give you a crutch just because you're too lazy, or too bad, to get your own group together and beat these people.

Elysium, I beg you, please stop trying to fix problems that don't exist, premades are a core part of the vanilla experience for a lot of your population. Please focus on problems that do exist (battleground marks that don't expire in the mail for starters / updating pvp gear far too late (1.11)).

That's like me saying well since you can't win with a full pre made you should get gud. 

3 minutes ago, Spriest4lyfe said:

That's like me saying well since you can't win with a full pre made you should get gud. 

Try making sense next time

Premade groups in ANY PvP game against non-premade groups is the opposite of competitive; I thought people who do that were ashamed of themselves but apparently not.

The only reason it doesn't seem "blizzlike" was because obviously some of blizzards bad decisions was only for subscriptions; making sure people renewed their subs just for a rank on a game. They knew it didn't work but didn't change it sooner because money.

50 minutes ago, ScottK1994 said:

Premade groups in ANY PvP game against non-premade groups is the opposite of competitive; I thought people who do that were ashamed of themselves but apparently not.

The only reason it doesn't seem "blizzlike" was because obviously some of blizzards bad decisions was only for subscriptions; making sure people renewed their subs just for a rank on a game. They knew it didn't work but didn't change it sooner because money.

Ashamed for being better and more organized than pugs? I think we all signed up to play blizzlike wow not some bullshit with custom pvp ques that appeal to players that want wins handed to them.

since we're catering to kids that cry about losing let's add LFR so we they can clear all the raids with no effort too.

Yeah yeah, everyone being butthurt that it shouldn't happen is because of one reason only: denying of "free" honor in exchange for more balanced PvP and avoiding the stomping games.

Everybody saying things like "Oh, I enjoy playing team game", or "Only scrubs that suck at pvp and can't get themselves into premade will want this kind of change", you're lying to yourself and everyone else: read 1st paragraph again, that's your reason for raging.

If you enjoy PvP-ing with premade, you'll still be able to, just with 2 others instead of 9 others. You can still be organised as instead of one premade there would be several smaller ones.

Bottom line - this update would bring a bit more balance to BGs, as it would make things a bit easier for newbies and people not playing as often / not playing in premades, since they don't join WSG and all they can do is watch enemy drood speed carry flags, while rest of the team is gy camping, which is not fun at all... On the other hand, it would make higher pvp ranks harder to obtain as people already complain with brainless premade grind, let alone take that away from them and actually work for it.

10 hours ago, houdre said:

If you enjoy PvP-ing with premade, you'll still be able to, just with 2 others instead of 9 others. You can still be organised as instead of one premade there would be several smaller ones.

I have more then just 2 friends thank you. Atleast 5 should be the minimum possible. This isn't fucking Trine the videogame. It's a MMO. Now I can't ask my friends, who I just did a dungeon with, to do some pvp without telling two of my friends to find someone else to play with. That's just lame

1 hour ago, Justme said:

I have more then just 2 friends thank you. Atleast 5 should be the minimum possible. This isn't fucking Trine the videogame. It's a MMO. Now I can't ask my friends, who I just did a dungeon with, to do some pvp without telling two of my friends to find someone else to play with. That's just lame

Friends? Go drink with your friends, don`t go to farm battlegrounds, there your friends becomes accomplices. Yes it`s a MMO and you don`t have to use random players like bots for your premade. Your friends ready to play with another premade? That would fair MMO.

24 minutes ago, levran said:

Friends? Go drink with your friends, don`t go to farm battlegrounds, there your friends becomes accomplices. Yes it`s a MMO and you don`t have to use random players like bots for your premade. Your friends ready to play with another premade? That would fair MMO.

Who said anything about farming? We just wanna pvp and this change won't let me because they're afraid we're gonna farm :/

3 hours ago, Justme said:

Who said anything about farming? We just wanna pvp and this change won't let me because they're afraid we're gonna farm :/

Lolwut? PvP in premade? Absolutely most premades just for farm there, premades is organized flag dragging or standing on gy while another prem dragging it.

It`s a farm game, farm rep, farm honor, farm items. Fair farm and unfair.

18 hours ago, Ickus said:

Ashamed for being better and more organized than pugs? I think we all signed up to play blizzlike wow not some bullshit with custom pvp ques that appeal to players that want wins handed to them.

since we're catering to kids that cry about losing let's add LFR so we they can clear all the raids with no effort too.

I see no problem with matching premade with premade. That's not what you're asking for though, and that's not what's currently happening. In fact I've never seen any of you in this thread ask for premade or rank matching because you want competitive PvP. That's exactly what you don't want. You want "no effort" rewards and your singular goal is to roflstomp pugs. You want wins handed to you. You and your premade flag troll and farm the gy. Yes you do. And you want to continue to do so. Stop pretending your hand wringing is about anything else.

You've become soft and spoiled. No self-respecting PvPer would ever call what you do competitive. They would barely call it PvP.

4 hours ago, levran said:

Lolwut? PvP in premade? Absolutely most premades just for farm there, premades is organized flag dragging or standing on gy while another prem dragging it.

It`s a farm game, farm rep, farm honor, farm items. Fair farm and unfair.

5 people is considered a premade now? We play for fun not for virtual items

Your own words paint you as a loser 

"Ashamed for being better and more organized than pugs?"

yes that's shameful to be proud of, well done for being more organised than 10 or more strangers. If it is competitive; why don't amateur sport teams do this? 

Edited by ScottK1994

6 minutes ago, ScottK1994 said:

Your own words paint you as a loser 

"Ashamed for being better and more organized than pugs?" yes that's shameful to be proud of, well done of being more organised than 10 or more strangers. If it is competitive; why don't amateur sport teams do this? 

Oh good one. Well you signed up for vanilla wow and are crying about it being vanilla wow. Additionally no one is proud of beating a pug but that's how it was... so stop whining about it. Also the fact you said it's shameful is hilarious. You sounds like a total moron with that comment.

@ScottK1994 You're level 24 and also clearly a total moron. So stfu you idiot. It's hilarious that you're projecting the fact you're sad irl because a forum post upset you. I'd suggest getting to 60 before you spout your bullshit. 

4 minutes ago, ScottK1994 said:

Why are you so clearly talking about yourself? lol

Oh damn okay. I just realized how socially awkward you are by that insult a 6th grader throws out.

Really I'm not as sensitive as you so you're not getting anywhere.

I do realise you avoided defending premade groups and ignored my argument that any sport/competitive outing in actual life does not have pre-made groups against pick up groups.

Edited by ScottK1994