Sign in to follow this  
xdhehelol

PVP BG 3 MAN CAP

You made 0 argument. Here's the only argument that is needed... we signed up for blizzlike wow and this isn't blizzlike. Also are you even playing on anathema or are you on Elysium? 

Dude this isn't sport... it's a game where people can que up individually and if you want to win quick games for ranking you group up and pvp. Comparing this to a sports team vs a team of pick up players is an irrelevant argument.

im clearly getting to you if you have to state otherwise.

Lol, no. a sport is just a game which is physical. This is also a game. In ANY team game its competitive when the two groups set their own terms on the rules to the game. 

Edited by ScottK1994

You talk a lot about blizzlike wow, but the premade situation on private servers is 200% different from premades in vanilla retail. Current day premades have pushed the blizzlike bg system to the breaking point with their horrible honor farming and dodging and it has absolutely had a crushing effect on BG participation by the masses.

Who the fuck wants to casually pvp when theres a 75% chance you are going to get curb stomped and GY camped? On top of that the majority of premades don't even fight each other because it hurts their honor per hour. The weaker team just afks and lets the other team win ASAP so they can get back to farming pugs.

You know what retail vanilla bg pvp was about? There was 1-2 premades per faction, and they TRIED to queue against each other because that is what PvP was about in vanilla. It was about playing against the other premades and beating their asses and talking mad shit on the forums. It was about AB slugfests coming down to the last tick of resources. It was about blowing some pvper the fuck up with a crit chain, jumping into their comms and taunting them with how you just wrecked their face. Giving up and afking to maximize honor woulda had you blasted on the forums and called a little bitch.

Meanwhile in addition to the 1-2 premades on each side, theres around 4-5 bgs up of pugs and small groups duking it out. While they did fight premades and get stomped when that happened, it wasn't super often because premades were fighting each other for a fair amount of time. There were some pugs that literally pugged their way to r14 because it was possible since premades weren't honor farming whores.

That's what the vanilla pvp system was designed for. Not this shameless honor per hour horseshit where premades make BGs absolute hell for anyone that may want to casually pvp. That's why they are experimenting with these changes.

@Haestingas I agree the system is pushed to its limits and even exploited but capping the bg groups at 3 is ridiculous. I could understand capping it at anywhere between 5-7 but 3 is just far too low. I'm not entirely against the capping of groups, but 3 people... not a fan of it being that low. I know a bunch of people that log on to play with their in game pals in pvp and this discourages that... unless you only have 2 ppl you play with then it's a good thing. 

52 minutes ago, Haestingas said:

You talk a lot about blizzlike wow, but the premade situation on private servers is 200% different from premades in vanilla retail. Current day premades have pushed the blizzlike bg system to the breaking point with their horrible honor farming and dodging and it has absolutely had a crushing effect on BG participation by the masses.

Who the fuck wants to casually pvp when theres a 75% chance you are going to get curb stomped and GY camped? On top of that the majority of premades don't even fight each other because it hurts their honor per hour. The weaker team just afks and lets the other team win ASAP so they can get back to farming pugs.

You know what retail vanilla bg pvp was about? There was 1-2 premades per faction, and they TRIED to queue against each other because that is what PvP was about in vanilla. It was about playing against the other premades and beating their asses and talking mad shit on the forums. It was about AB slugfests coming down to the last tick of resources. It was about blowing some pvper the fuck up with a crit chain, jumping into their comms and taunting them with how you just wrecked their face. Giving up and afking to maximize honor woulda had you blasted on the forums and called a little bitch.

Meanwhile in addition to the 1-2 premades on each side, theres around 4-5 bgs up of pugs and small groups duking it out. While they did fight premades and get stomped when that happened, it wasn't super often because premades were fighting each other for a fair amount of time. There were some pugs that literally pugged their way to r14 because it was possible since premades weren't honor farming whores.

That's what the vanilla pvp system was designed for. Not this shameless honor per hour horseshit where premades make BGs absolute hell for anyone that may want to casually pvp. That's why they are experimenting with these changes.

+1

If you think dodging is a thing on Elysium, you're wrong.

I run the top ranking premade on Horde atm, and even though we farm the alliance ranking groups we've never been dodged once. They roll over from time to time to end the game quick, but that's very rare.

I'm sure they would dodge if there wasn't a massive banwave on Anathema targetting people who just opened empty games. The main issue we face is that if we beat the alliance groups in AB, they disband and go WSG immediately - effectively killing our queues. Horde bg queues are completely reliant on what the alliance premades are doing, and regrettably we spend the entire day chasing them between battlegrounds. Multiqueue would fix this issue somewhat, but that brings with it a number of problems also.

Capping the queue at 3 people is NOT the solution to any problem, not quite sure what problem they're trying to "fix" with this really. You get what you earn in vanilla, that's why we like it, no?

Let's add summoning stones, dualspec, LFR, 3x experience rates and 10x gold rates. This change caters to the lazy, and the inept, who can't be arsed to put in the effort - and feel they should get the same rewards as those who do put in the effort, who do put in the time. Get a grip, if you're all for this change, go play retail - you might enjoy that more.

I remeber back in vanilla that randomBG´s was fun and you barley met a premade(like 1 out of 10 games).

Now we face premades like 8 out of 10. This kills the fun in BG´s for the majority of players.

Most of the people complaining about this are rankers who are farming random people with their premade.

For like 90% of the players who join BG´s this will be a great update.

3 часа назад, Radiergummi сказал:

I remeber back in vanilla that randomBG´s was fun and you barley met a premade(like 1 out of 10 games).

Now we face premades like 8 out of 10. This kills the fun in BG´s for the majority of players.

Most of the people complaining about this are rankers who are farming random people with their premade.

For like 90% of the players who join BG´s this will be a great update.

pretty much this ^

" For like 90% of the players who join BG´s this will be a great update. "

Which is why, in a poll of 2000 votes, 70% of people either didn't care or disagreed with this change, whereas only 30% of people who voted were for the change.

I played in Vanilla in a premade group for about 5 month 

(it was a medium sized german server) that premade existed from beginning warsong) 

we managed to reach:

6 rank 14 , 

about 15 rank 13 players( i was one of them)

and alot more rank 12 players 

yes we were the only alliance preamde on that server and horde had exactly 2 premade

( and they let us win , we even talked in ts with them and even then there were wintrading discussion) 

there was no diffrence to the system which are used nowadays

(just that elysium has a bigger playerbase)

sure we played more dedicated for pvp and fun and the Titles, then getting items

the time we spent back in the days, was pretty much the same like on elysium ( 10 hours + grinding per day for 4-6 days a week)

exactly the same !

here on the server i started with some of my guildmates my own premade too ( as i reach rank 10 ) , because after 4 weeks of solo pug grinding i  designated so hard.

every pug random solo player knows better tactics and still most were loosing or stayed afk at stables all the time.( that was in may this year) 

so i leaded my own premade ( sadly stopped at rank 12 because i have too much work , and having over weeks not enough sleep is not that good i realized) 

but doesnt matter, it was a great period of time to have that premade and it was mostly alot of fun ( sometimes the grind wasnt ) 

even now,  after weeks we stopped, still player asks if we want to do premading again for fun ( because we had fun ) 

sadly that none of you can have that experiance aswell now after that change. 

sure its crap to get farmed for hours as opponents, but on the other hand, the system itself is still the same -> people with the most time will rank most. 

rankers mostly play 40-60 hours a week ( some chinese even more )

this change wont let the cry people higher ranking.

8 hours ago, Sabre said:

agreed, needs to be added asap preferably so people can bg again.

You've never bg'd in your fokin life, and you won't either after/if this fuckup of a change is pushed to Ely too.

58 minutes ago, Sabre said:

I'm rank 10. Suck my wang.

Interesting choice of words there, did mr Wang perchance get you to rank 10?

What a tool.

Admin responded: "We didnt apply the BG fix really soon. Right now we testing it in Anathema and if it will work as we expected, then we apply it to Elysium"

On 9/20/2017 at 1:28 PM, Ickus said:

Ashamed for being better and more organized than pugs? I think we all signed up to play blizzlike wow not some bullshit with custom pvp ques that appeal to players that want wins handed to them.

since we're catering to kids that cry about losing let's add LFR so we they can clear all the raids with no effort too.

Quit crying and quit.

Even back then the game wasn't played like it is today and is completely used for maximum honor efficiency.

There is nothing special about steam rolling in a premade simply for honor gains. Those who are steamrolling games for honor only care about rank 14 and using their overwhelming advantage to club over the heads of casuals or those less organized for server control. As you see, when you prevent the basement dwellers from having server control they are the ones to whine and cry because they don't want to compete on a fair level with everyone else.

Get over it, no one has any sympathy for you. I'm all for premade vs. premades with extremely high honor increases to make it worth it, but then again I'm sure you're not interested in competition. Can't wait for Arena, weed out the big talkers.

18 hours ago, riplip said:

So, when is this getting implemented on Ely?

Please do, the amount of players who "naturally" form a premade on horde vs. alliance is quite disparaging when all the tryhard kids rolled Alliance.

4 hours ago, TTL said:

Please do, the amount of players who "naturally" form a premade on horde vs. alliance is quite disparaging when all the tryhard kids rolled Alliance.

Once/if the change hits you don't think the Alliance gets to put more premade people into the same games by countdown queuing due to queue advantage they have? (This is due to there being less of them over all queuing up --> faster queue times). What will happen is you'll be faced with 3-10 (depending how lucky they get with the countdown queue - and before you suggest it's not something the GMs can monitor or police) Alliance premade players in a WSG game against your 3 friends, get dumped on and continue asking for changes.

@Sabre I'll stop when you leave the forums, absolute trashcan of a player.

2 hours ago, donkey said:

Once/if the change hits you don't think the Alliance gets to put more premade people into the same games by countdown queuing due to queue advantage they have? (This is due to there being less of them over all queuing up --> faster queue times). What will happen is you'll be faced with 3-10 (depending how lucky they get with the countdown queue - and before you suggest it's not something the GMs can monitor or police) Alliance premade players in a WSG game against your 3 friends, get dumped on and continue asking for changes.

@Sabre I'll stop when you leave the forums, absolute trashcan of a player.

This is why the queues should be mixed up with a timed delay, and not pop instantly as 10 or 15 on both sides queue up. Then you'll have several premade teams with each other and the organization will be gone. Perhaps they'll play in the same discord and talk over each other in 5 different games.

The only advantage a premade has is the people they choose to have inside it, and their organization (reacting). Without that they might as well just relax and queue alone.

lmao at people talking about what "real vanilla pvp" was.

you either organized win trading with your xfaction buddies you used to kill in DaOC/EQ/UO at 3 am when everyone was asleep or you fucking rolled pugs all day with your premade and dodged the other team.

just because you were ignorant trashbags in 04-06 doesn't mean the same shit wasn't happening then.

p.s, I like the 3 man limit because I enjoy pug vs pug retard matches more than actual rank grinding, but it is still a fucking stupid change to implement. If you can't see the problems that will arise from honor block groups that will inevitably form from the chinese mafia then I don't know what to tell you. Would expand on it here but I'd probably get forum banned again for speaking some inconvenient truths.

Players didn't know the ins and outs of the rank system like they do today, and those that did are very marginal compared to today. To sit here and say the way people play today mirrors 04-06 seems to be the only ignorant statement here. Most of the premades that were formed back on my retail server were done for enjoyment and to play with friends, which you see little of today because everyone is obsessed with efficiency in a 13 year old game and only care about it for ranking.

I also don't see how random matches define as "retard" sounds like another ignorant statement but who is surprised? Being steamrolled by premades in 2 minutes may be defined just as much so by others. 

I'm all for premade vs. premade and it being still efficient for honor if they wish to make changes, nothing unreasonable about that. Also may be some irony complaining about a in-game mafia.

Edited by TTL

The biggest problem is dodging, premades dodge other premades to farm pugs. Implement deserter upon not joining que/dropping que and problem solved. Yes they can still log spy accounts but they are risking bans as it is against ToS.

2 minutes ago, prsina said:

The biggest problem is dodging, premades dodge other premades to farm pugs. Implement deserter upon not joining que/dropping que and problem solved. Yes they can still log spy accounts but they are risking bans as it is against ToS.

That's a smart man. Make the deserter 30min-1hr (for dropping queue) so it's not worth ever dropping it.