Sign in to follow this  
Forest_

World Buffs - Keep them disabled in Naxx

Not having world buffs has made Naxx an actual challenge now that you can't just triple your stats on a whim to destroy a boss you're struggling on.

Dreamstate and Coalition have already proven the instance is 100% clearable without them.

Reasons why I think World Buffs should remain disabled in Naxx:

1. Makes the instance an actual challenge
  2. Don't have to worry about logging on 5 hours before your raid to run around the world getting buffed
  3. The instance is doable without them (already proven)
  4. Makes killing bosses an achievement separating the Best, Good, Decent, & Bad guilds from one another
  5. Can't Soulstone 40 people with Warlock alts to have double the chance of killing a boss you should wipe on if you play poorly
  6. People actually have to PROGRESS to get kills on many bosses
  7. People don't get mad when they die before everyone else and lose their buffs

I understand that world buffing in Naxx is Blizzlike but it's actually fun to do an instance for once where you don't have to worry about guilds doing the above.

This isn't to say that our guild won't take full advantage of world buffs if they should return, but the general consensus is that guilds are actually having fun playing without the need to World Buff for every raid night.

I think turning the buffs off for two weeks was a great idea for challenging progression but I don't believe it's wise to disable them completely. World buffing is a huge part of Vanilla and to take that out of naxx completely is too far of a non-blizzlike change imo.

Change makes no sense.

If you don't want world buffs don't use them.

Guilds that have already cleared without using them have clearly shown that they can do it, if they want to do it more, there's no one stopping them from A: not getting world buffs or B: right clicking world buffs they accidentally acquired.

/thread

Edited by Funktion1
a word

Agreed they should stay disabled in Naxx.

Also for every new content release the 2 week disable period for new content on Darrow/Elysium in addition, would be way more fun.

I'm aware that there's almost 0% chance they perma disable world buffs.

Just wanted to point out stuff is actually fun without them. I guess we'll just have to make sure only alliance gets to raid with them. Scuba!

Hopefully bad guilds buff up and die anyway so they have to do it the hard way.

2 minutes ago, Forest_ said:

I guess we'll just have to make sure only alliance gets to raid with them. Scuba!

Keep on doing the lord's work !

But really I think it would be cool to see speed runs with world buffs vs no world buffs. Interesting possibilities!

blows my mind that my post stating i don't like non blizzlike changes got deleted.

ill say it again. I like this change a lot. I think it makes raiding more rewarding, but I'd rather see world buffs come back in because it opens the door for more terrible changes like the pvp change on vanilla.

Maybe they could enable world buffs during DMF week and disable them when it’s not DMF week, seems like a good compromise to keep both sides happy.

I think if one of their goals is to make content challenging like how it was in actual retail vanilla then this change seems like a very good way to achieve that goal. 

To be fair though its not a simple situation. There are some people with a decade of experience and some with absolutely none. I don't think either should be catered for but neither can they ever get ignored so..

My opinion of this situation specifically was mentioned above; its optional. 

Yes please keep them disabled, the whole song and dance to get them and staying logged out for sometimes days is nonsensical.

Personally I'd like to see world buffs disabled for a further 2 weeks, so a month total. I think it's been an absolute joy to progress in naxx with no wbuffs, and honestly I think it will take us a month to clear naxx with no wbuffs.

13 minutes ago, Haestingas said:

Personally I'd like to see world buffs disabled for a further 2 weeks, so a month total. I think it's been an absolute joy to progress in naxx with no wbuffs, and honestly I think it will take us a month to clear naxx with no wbuffs.

I think that's a great compromise. I definitely enjoy raising a lot more without world buffs. Not to mention getting world buffs kinda sucks haha.

I love the buffs being disabled, I dislike the frantic scrambling that goes on before most raids to get DMN / Songflower / DMF, dislike feeling obligated to get everything ready super early and not play my character for the day in preparation for raids.

They are part of vanilla, but it's way more of a private server thing then it ever was in vanilla.

It's an interesting idea, and I understand where you're coming from with this, but it's not something I'd like to see happen. Maybe extend the 2 weeks with no worldbuffs to 4 weeks during progression to separate thr men from the boys, and after that give the rest the crutch they need.

Also opens the door for Naxx speedruns? That would be nuts 

On 9/22/2017 at 7:52 PM, Caber said:

Feels a bit pointless limiting world buffs when we're letting people clear naxx in 1.12 talents, but ok

Is there even a difference between 1.11 talents (Naxx patch) and 1.12.1 talents?  Pretty sure by the time naxx came out the talent trees were in their final state and didn't get changed until patch 2.0.