Rain

TBC Update & Restoring 2017 Characters!

already checed that post thats why i asked since 3 characters with 1000g each is not the same with 3 characters and 1000 on one of them

or 10 flasks per toon is not the same as 10 flasks per acount

and a lot of us was stockpiling such materials since AQ and NAX was something we were prepairing for

also about breakingd the economy i don't think my 1600gold will break the economy that already has 8ppl with over 10kgold each

but losing consumables or crafting materials or toon names will be very <anoying>

16 hours ago, Paparia said:

already checed that post thats why i asked since 3 characters with 1000g each is not the same with 3 characters and 1000 on one of them

or 10 flasks per toon is not the same as 10 flasks per acount

and a lot of us was stockpiling such materials since AQ and NAX was something we were prepairing for

8 hours ago, Paparia said:

also about breakingd the economy i don't think my 1600gold will break the economy that already has 8ppl with over 10kgold each

but losing consumables or crafting materials or toon names will be very <anoying>

You know, they dont have to do this, I consider myself lucky I get the chance to play my old Warlock at all.

To nit pick about this little detail or that little detail about characters you were never going to see again is kinda defeating the whole spirit of what they are doing.

How about showing a little gratitude they are even doing this for us in the first place.

Edited by Hater

1 hour ago, Hater said:

You know, they dont have to do this, I consider myself lucky I get the chance to play my old Warlock at all.

To nit pick about this little detail or that little detail about characters you were never going to see again is kinda defeating the whole spirit of what they are doing.

How about showing a little gratitude they are even doing this for us in the first place.

Gotta agree with Hater here.  I'd rather have 1000g than 0.

doesn't matter anymore name is taken so i decided to reroll horde i just hope when tbc server comes we will not get a message <No you can only transfer there with 1000g and a stack of bandages>

@Paparia

I don't care about any materials or gold. I'm glad I'll have my character back, be it naked or anything. Gear is replaceable. The fact that devs will allow people to transfer gold and materials is just their display of good will.

I just checked this stupid Lightshope  server. And what do i see there? All my old characters.

This finally killed my hope to get them back again 😞

RIP Kluga, mighty frostmage of the alliance 😞 

4 hours ago, Calzifer said:

I just checked this stupid Lightshope  server. And what do i see there? All my old characters.

This finally killed my hope to get them back again 😞

RIP Kluga, mighty frostmage of the alliance 😞 

Your characters are on this project also.

When the big drama happened last year, Light's Hope took a copy of the database with them.

10 minutes ago, DarknessCalls said:

Your characters are on this project also.

When the big drama happened last year, Light's Hope took a copy of the database with them.

So there is a chance i get him back tomorrow?  I know i am the 1000th person to ask but this whole thread is confusing for me (english is not my native language)

11 minutes ago, Calzifer said:

So there is a chance i get him back tomorrow?  I know i am the 1000th person to ask but this whole thread is confusing for me (english is not my native language)

Elysium had an old backup of all characters before they shutdown the servers, so I would think so, yes. I believe they said there would be some rollback, about 4 weeks or so. They aren't providing many details really.

Guess you will know for sure tomorrow....

Edited by DarknessCalls

The 15th is almost over now and still no update about shit!! i took this day off work for the merge and now im sitting here like and idiot.

22 minutes ago, Calzifer said:

The 15th is almost over now and still no update about shit!! i took this day off work for the merge and now im sitting here like and idiot.

Your best bet is to try their discord, they usually provide more timely updates on there, and you may be able to ask someone for more info.

Ok guys its official. No server merge today.

"Maybe" till the weekend. Considering they couldnt deliver on time at first i doubt it will happen anytime soon.

15 minutes ago, Calzifer said:

"Maybe" till the weekend. Considering they couldnt deliver on time at first i doubt it will happen anytime soon.

Lame... but thanks for the update..... (I don't have access to Discord while at work, so I rely on the forums for information)

43 minutes ago, Calzifer said:

Damm, this is lame, I am glad I did not take the day off, I was going to, as I plan my week around life events I expect, and did not on this occasion.

This REALLY sucks as this was one of the more anticipated events here on Elysium, and it didnt fall through.

Can you post a link to this announcement Calzifer? I cannot find it on Discord...

Edited by Hater

https://discordapp.com/channels/205342523298676747/205342523298676747

original quote: 

"I use all forms of tricks to speed up the process but it takes time and a lot of testing

and a "small correction" basically takes hours

Currently im fixing the item tables of "Elysium PvP"

The original SQL dumps were corrupted or actually "Manipulated" is the right term.

That's what I do right now

Some tables have more than 100.000.000 entries (Yes, 100 million+)"

"We do a final test today and decide afterwards if we do the "real merge" today.

If we aren't satisfied with the result there will be a delay of 1-2 days, you can expect working chars around the weekend nonetheless."

Hm, such a letdown. Why give an exact day when it's not 100 % sure?! On other occasions devs usually give approximated time, but in this case we got a SPECIFIED day so I thought it would be it 😞

Edited by eldirian

18 minutes ago, Calzifer said:

https://discordapp.com/channels/205342523298676747/205342523298676747

original quote: 

"I use all forms of tricks to speed up the process but it takes time and a lot of testing

and a "small correction" basically takes hours

Currently im fixing the item tables of "Elysium PvP"

The original SQL dumps were corrupted or actually "Manipulated" is the right term.

That's what I do right now

Some tables have more than 100.000.000 entries (Yes, 100 million+)"

"We do a final test today and decide afterwards if we do the "real merge" today.

If we aren't satisfied with the result there will be a delay of 1-2 days, you can expect working chars around the weekend nonetheless."

Thank you, it is a relief knowing they are in process, and working it out.

6 hours ago, eldirian said:

Hm, such a letdown. Why give an exact day when it's not 100 % sure?! On other occasions devs usually give approximated time, but in this case we got a SPECIFIED day so I thought it would be it 😞

Hey. You're playing a pretty damn well made copy of a full game for free. Don't complain and roll with the punches. You'll be playing soon! 

48 minutes ago, samuraisnowy said:

Hey. You're playing a pretty damn well made copy of a full game for free. Don't complain and roll with the punches. You'll be playing soon! 

That's not a complain, sir. I just pointed out that giving any exact date/time often leads to disappointment in the end. That's why GMs/developers never do it. It's impossible to know things for sure in this "business". But I feel your good will therefore you gain a like from me 🙂

2 hours ago, eldirian said:

That's not a complain, sir. I just pointed out that giving any exact date/time often leads to disappointment in the end. That's why GMs/developers never do it. It's impossible to know things for sure in this "business". But I feel your good will therefore you gain a like from me 🙂

Right on, spread the love my man! I get your pain. I'm eagerly awaiting to get back to my Shaman 👌

Now that i have slept for 8 hours and read my angry post above i really feel like a douche.

I am sorry for beeing a jerk guys ^^

4 hours ago, Calzifer said:

Now that i have slept for 8 hours and read my angry post above i really feel like a douche.

I am sorry for beeing a jerk guys ^^

No, it wasn't angry. Chill out 🙂

I don't think anyone is being a jerk. Expressing frustration is all. Our team will get it fixed and make the merge happen. We apologize in the meantime for not hitting the date that was originally set.

I appreciate everyone's patients while we work through some things!

3 hours ago, Zancon said:

I don't think anyone is being a jerk. Expressing frustration is all. Our team will get it fixed and make the merge happen. We apologize in the meantime for not hitting the date that was originally set.

I appreciate everyone's patients while we work through some things!

Right on man. Great work. Keep it up. Appreciate everything you guys are doing and thanks for making my vanilla dreams come true!