RogueArc

Why the TBC server needs to be PVE

There was never a need for PvP servers because of all of the built in mechanics of WoW. 

If you want to PvP World, flag or attack a flagged character, BATTLEGROUNDS... there is already a place to PvP. STV Arena, Gaz Thunderdome, etc.

WoW is one of, if not the best, Progression games. With Nighthaven being a F2P server, too many assholes on both sides. Some people just want to log, level, craft, fish, whatever the game has to offer without the interference of "what others want". Retail costs money. Therefore people had a motivation to play the game and were given a choice. There is no choice in PvP servers. It's bad enough there were fundamental issues with Vanilla (NElf can never reach Exalted before 40, there are no quests between 30-40) in design without not being able to just play. It's not fun to spend most of your time dead running back to your corpse and not getting the needed requirements of quests and progression. 

I suggest Elysium-Project put up a poll. See what the player base wants.

If you search around the forum you will find there have been several PvP vs. PvE server posts.

There's never been enough participation to suggest a PvE server would be a success.

If the player base wanted it and it was enough players to justify it, we would do it.

We have tried the PvE approach in the past, the servers normally die out and end up getting merged into the PVP server(s).

On 11/12/2018 at 10:47 PM, RogueArc said:

There was never a need for PvP servers because of all of the built in mechanics of WoW. 

If you want to PvP World, flag or attack a flagged character, BATTLEGROUNDS... there is already a place to PvP. STV Arena, Gaz Thunderdome, etc.

WoW is one of, if not the best, Progression games. With Nighthaven being a F2P server, too many assholes on both sides. Some people just want to log, level, craft, fish, whatever the game has to offer without the interference of "what others want". Retail costs money. Therefore people had a motivation to play the game and were given a choice. There is no choice in PvP servers. It's bad enough there were fundamental issues with Vanilla (NElf can never reach Exalted before 40, there are no quests between 30-40) in design without not being able to just play. It's not fun to spend most of your time dead running back to your corpse and not getting the needed requirements of quests and progression. 

I suggest Elysium-Project put up a poll. See what the player base wants.

Sorry, but this approach is quite selfish. That would be unfair for pvper like me who would like to keep doing  worldpvp on TBC.

So for the good and fairness of every gamers, keep it as a PvP server.

5 hours ago, Deadspell said:

Sorry, but this approach is quite selfish. That would be unfair for pvper like me who would like to keep doing  worldpvp on TBC.

Well he did say:

There's never been enough participation to suggest a PvE server would be a success.

They are certainly on the same page as the community and it's more of a polite, "no".

Edited by Mister K

On 11/28/2018 at 6:07 AM, Deadspell said:

You do realise you can turn on pvp right? a pver can't turn off pvp so they don't get endlessly ganked.  So it's not a selfish approach if you want to do world pvp enable pvp?

Why are pve private servers dead? Is it because people are too lazy to turn on pvp?  I love this server, I'm lvl 43, but the constant asshole ganking is really irritating.  No one should be forced to spend 20mins of their limited time corpsing running at the amusement of some other asshat. 

16 hours ago, Arrowdawn said:

You do realise you can turn on pvp right? a pver can't turn off pvp so they don't get endlessly ganked.  So it's not a selfish approach if you want to do world pvp enable pvp?

Why are pve private servers dead? Is it because people are too lazy to turn on pvp?

Are you talking about skull players who are chain killing you or normal players around your lvl who killed you for HK?

On 12/5/2018 at 5:46 AM, Deadspell said:

Are you talking about skull players who are chain killing you or normal players around your lvl who killed you for HK?

Skulls yes, particularly at either TM or Booty Bay,  ratchet FP, Shimmering Flats, formed groups ganking anyone on sight, 1 on 1 as a hunter I can handle myself either by killing them or running away, but it is certainly tiresome, logging on to spend what little time I have corpsing running...

I never kill anyone unless they attack me first if I wanted to pvp I would queue up for a bg.

I've only had 1 good xp Wpvping and that was doing the elite quest chain at Stormgrade in Arathi.  We were a group of 5 doing the quest when another group attacked us first (before this point we'd been ignoring the other opposite faction groups out of mutual respect).  Our group won and it was pretty cool working as a team because it felt like a 5v5 arena match. 

My levelling to 60 has definitely been severely hindered by wpvp and I'm sure it's the same for others.

I agree with what RogueArc says. There is no actual wPvP, only ganking and camping. If someone wants to PvP should go to BGs.

I also understand that if the community prefers a PvP server and that PvE servers are dying, then PvP server is the way to go. Both for a healthy populated server and happy community.

However, in this post with a poll, PvE won by a lot!

A new poll might be the correct action.

On 12/24/2018 at 8:33 AM, Vakgarr said:

I agree with what RogueArc says. There is no actual wPvP, only ganking and camping. If someone wants to PvP should go to BGs.

I also understand that if the community prefers a PvP server and that PvE servers are dying, then PvP server is the way to go. Both for a healthy populated server and happy community.

However, in this post with a poll, PvE won by a lot!

A new poll might be the correct action.

Really interesting poll, I casted my vote (PvE).

Pve servers i never really get that. The feeling of PVP and world PVP i always enjoyed it far more. Its a bit more scary and a bit more adventure. Never liked the idea that i came across an horde player and we didnt had the choise to do battle right there on the spot. Sometimes helpe one another and sometimes battle. The endless ganking is more in people there head. Just log out wait 10 min or go to another spot? ask for help? i know plenty of people ganked at the start of this server on nightraven and now the ganks are way less. In tbc the ganking wouldnt be that much. I really hope that we keep it PVP.

Gonna be a gank fest for sure in the beginning. Everyone trying to get there quest mob and opposing faction taking those items, gotta gank em to win the quest item/mob/whatever

TBC Should be PvE, This isin't a real pvp server anyway.  The meager population is just not enough.  I've been here just over a month and 100% of the ganks are mage or rogues that corpse camp and will only attack if they outnumber/outgear or while you are preoccupied. The dwindling population on here is what makes it unbearable. On a properly populated server there would be an abundance people that would come help and it would turn into actual world pvp not just some toxic player wanting to wreck as many people's fun as they can.  Letting lvl 60 players in tier 2 gear run rampant for 48hrs straight in redridge/duskwood/etc.etc..... killing lvl 16's on circuit as they rez each time.  Is just stupid.  Over 70% voted for PVE and yet the "majority want pvp"  It makes the game not fun....and when it's not fun, people stop playing, and no one can pvp if there's not enough players.

It's just the trolls whining for the ability to harass people....most of them have no real intention of engaging in real world pvp

TBC will be unbearable if its pvp......

Edited by Alaye

I've been playing this game for 14 years now, I've leveled a ton of chars, every single one of them in a populated PvP server, and never felt "frustrated" as people say here.

I'll tell you the way I do it:

- If I get killed, I try to fight after ress.

- If I can't beat him/them, I quest on a different zone for a while.

It's not that hard, just dont keep trying to break a wall.

Edited by ipwxock
Missing g in "game".