Sign in to follow this  
CowsAreFat

"+weapon dmg" enchant working in shapeshift

So what's the stance on this and hardning stones? It wasn't ment to work but as far as I understood it was a fundamental bug that was seeded deep in MaNGOS

So what's the stance on this and hardning stones? It wasn't ment to work but as far as I understood it was a fundamental bug that was seeded deep in MaNGOS

I remember in Elysium this was easy fixed , since Nostalrius is using the same Core i bet they can fix it either ;).

If Mangos was bugged by default as people talk , doesn't mean they can't fix things as someone trying to present.

I had very lovely experience on certain bug fixes and stuff fixes by Elysium so far, which proved me the opposite of what people try to represent Mangos.

/Kind regards Killerduki

Edited by killerduki

It was a confirmed bug of not supposed to provide damage in cat/bear, but it did.  It was confirmed on the bug-tracker, but not enforced under the "known bug abuse policy", therefore not subject to disciplinary action if you used this enchant/stone pairing.

So for now, unless it was changed during the down time, it will provide a dps boost to a feral and you shouldn't be banned for it.

It's not a deep bug or anything. It's not even a difficult thing to fix.

What happens is that rather than applying weapon damage, a passive increase to damage is added. It's just not an important thing so not many servers bother fixing it.

Weightstones and Sharpening Stones: The bonus damage from these temporary enchantments now works while shapeshifted.

AKA they did not work before this patch, for most of TBC and vanilla. Regarding +weapon damage enchants there are no patch notes because they never worked, and still don't.
Edited by euron

I've actually loved the fact that this has worked on Nostalrius. Upping my cutiepie drood. Guessing it will be fixed this time around

If you loved that you should have been around when Nost first released. Cat was getting 2x the AP and so the Rogues absolutely lost their фекал when they were being nearly 1 shot by Ravage XD

Is this actually ever going to be fixed? I still see a few people using them, and of course it's extremely easy to use them while raiding and switch out to +15 agi in ironforge.

That item doesn't improve my damage, in any form. Even in human form, it doesn't give anything. Is it bugged?

Capture d’écran 2017-01-28 à 11.39.16.png

We need official answer about weapon enchant and weight stone. Btw, it's a good way to improve the usefulness of enchant and blacksmith professions.

7 hours ago, Blaze13 said:

Is this actually ever going to be fixed? I still see a few people using them, and of course it's extremely easy to use them while raiding and switch out to +15 agi in ironforge.

I informed many people on Darrowshire Horde and nobody really listens. Many of them even have excuses like "I have bought my Warden Staff with that enchant" or "I don't read the forum"

Feel free to +1 my bug report for more relevance: https://elysium-project.org/bugtracker/issue/1088

Oh and regarding official response... Pottu already made an official response here. I doubt that the teams stance changed since Elysium-Relaunch: https://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=36377&start=30#p269579

Edited by Mahtan

I mean the stance shouldn't change at all, there's 15 more sources then what the bug report even lists. It doesn't balance out the class by any means, gaining 17 weapon damage is equivalent to 4-5 pieces of AQ gear in Strength value alone.

It's even more of an issue at lower levels, because you can get crowd pummeler or slaghammer in your 20's and shred for 500 damage.

Edited by Blaze13

Maybe allowing the use of weap dmg enchant and weight stones at 60 will solve everything. Ferals aren't overpowered lol.

http://realmplayers.com/RaidStats/Ranking.aspx?Bosses=00010203040506070809&realm=All

First feral 460 dps vs first war 1300. SO WE NEED A FIX OF FERAL DMG BECAUSE IT IS SO HIGH

I know, bugs are bugs. But if it's a mangos pbm, devs should let it if it doesn't cause any problem.

We should upvote the feral agression and feral instinct fix, it's more important than nerfing a thing which is already in all private servers and isn"t OP.

Edited by Rafale

1 hour ago, Rafale said:

Maybe allowing the use of weap dmg enchant and weight stones at 60 will solve everything. Ferals aren't overpowered lol.

http://realmplayers.com/RaidStats/Ranking.aspx?Bosses=00010203040506070809&realm=All

First feral 460 dps vs first war 1300. SO WE NEED A FIX OF FERAL DMG BECAUSE IT IS SO HIGH

I know, bugs are bugs. But if it's a mangos pbm, devs should let it if it doesn't cause any problem.

We should upvote the feral agression and feral instinct fix, it's more important than nerfing a thing which is already in all private servers and isn"t OP.

Oh no, don't open that door please. Elysium is not a fun server, instead it follows the philosophy to be true to the originial vanilla experience. Feral in vanilla is about versatility. You can resurrect the 1300 dps warrior infight after he has died due to overaggroing. Enjoy that! And after that you can throw Innervate on a priest, basically giving him/her ~4000 more mana for that fight. You even have Hurricane and Tranquillity at your disposal, which are often underused. Add dispells, offheals, great offtanking (even in average cat gear including weapon switching infight), some neat buffs and so on. You are not a dps class, you are a hybrid class. A true hybrid class, with Blizzard's "Hybrid Tax" included.

And to quote myself from the original discussion about the bug:

1) Weightstones and +Weapon Damage enchantments are a bug and you should get used to the idea that it will become fixed someday.
2) The "loss" of these two sources of damage is annoying for the small bunch of super serious progress-oriented ferals, but it is meaningless for all other ferals and druids in general.
3) The feral spec doesn't die with an upcoming bugfix, it still offers all the crucial utility (offtanking, Leader of the Pack, dispells, Innervate, combat rez, emergency healing,...).
4) If you don't want to void your honor as a feral, just go without Weightstones and +Weapon damage enchantment. You are also on the safe side regarding any GM action that could happen in the future.

A last hint: As far as I am informed, Elysium had fixed the weapon damage bug before Nostalrius merge, so I am confident that this issue will be fixed soon. However, there are other bugs, which need to be fixed, too. That's something I can finally agree with you :p

Still no reaction on the bugtracker.

I know dozens of druids on Darrowshire who use the +9 weapondamage enchant and +8 weapondamage Weightstones. We reach the point where it's part of playing optimal and when I inform people that it's an abuse, then the most common answer is "lol, who cares?!".

:(

When a bug stay so much time,and could still be here until server shutdown,noone can blame them.

Devs didnt say anything about bug abuse on this btw

24 minutes ago, Rafale said:

When a bug stay so much time,and could still be here until server shutdown,noone can blame them.

That's exactly what I observe now. The bug starts being the normal state, so that people just abuse it without any regret. I do not like that! :p

24 minutes ago, Rafale said:

Devs didnt say anything about bug abuse on this btw

Clarification is always welcomed. But your statement is only true if we ignore everything from Nostalrius days, which is questionable.

I can give you examples in case you want to read them:

https://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=36377&p=269615&hilit=pottu#p269579

Pottu: ""Any weapon" effect affects the staff a druid is wielding as well as her claws and paws. It does not discriminate. "Specific weapon" effect only affects the weapon that is put on. Thus enchants and weight stones should not affect cat/bear damage but trinkets & rings should."

(16.03.2016)

K5Aehk0.png

Gamemaster answer that I got after my question: "In the forum, someone asked if abusing the weapon damage bug of druid's cat form is allowed or could result in a ban. I would like to ask that question to the GM team, maybe you can explain me the official agenda regarding that bug."

(23.03.2016)

FKl5MfF.png

(01.04.2016)

https://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=36377&hilit=pottu&start=100#p287384

Pottu: "This is indeed considered bug abuse. Please replace your +wep dmg enchants as soon as possible. The GM team."

(01.04.2016)

https://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=36377&hilit=pottu&start=100#p287423

Pottu: "I was asked to clarify the situation. I have clarified the situation. Obviously this bug will be fixed. Lorilay, please read our Terms of Use. The GM team."

(01.04.2016)

https://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=36377&hilit=pottu&start=130#p290556

Pottu: "My colleague [Benevael] meant that this is classified as minor bug abuse and will not get you permanently banned - unless you repeatedly abuse it. These sort of things are exactly why we have two categories of bug abuse. The GM team."

(04.04.2016)

I rly liked that these worked on the previous seever/other projects tbh. Added ao much to being a druid

@Rafala an item "of quality" is only meant to give bonus dmg on a weapon, on an armour piece its meant to give bonus armour