Elf Lord Omega

Oto's Rogue Guide

I've been using http://www.mediafire.com/file/yfrdb4a34sxius3/RogueDPS_Reborn_by_Soyoen.xlsx (which accounts for 315 being the weapon skill cap) for sometime now. I haven't gone through the back end formulas used as much as i would like to as I haven't had the time. But it would appear that even for human sword rogues this spreadsheet has going to 314 weapon skill with Maladath > using Warblade for the 40 AP. Although the difference appears to be minimal with normal raid buffs and is only slightly larger when accounting for worlds buffs.

On 2017-02-07 at 9:00 PM, Setup said:

I can confirm, this server uses 315. The final 5 pts award only 5% (1/3rd normal value)

source: https://elysium-project.org/bugtracker/issue/767

i'd like to hear some rough estimates of how that 5% compares to a chunk of AP, say 40ap

In the bugtracker you linked the qa guys says he tested using a ranged weapon. I thought ranged attacks couldnt be glancing?

42 minutes ago, Timergu said:

In the bugtracker you linked the qa guys says he tested using a ranged weapon. I thought ranged attacks couldnt be glancing?

I interpret it as him saying he used a "fixed damagerange" weapon. So like a sword with 100-100 damage or something like that for testing.

38 minutes ago, Aderlass said:

I interpret it as him saying he used a "fixed damagerange" weapon. So like a sword with 100-100 damage or something like that for testing.

Ah youre probably right. The only wepon i know of that got no damage spread is a crossbow.

3 hours ago, Neila said:

How much is 1 hit worth in AP if you have <8% +hit?

<8% hit means you have <3% on your gear because you get +5% from talents. No item is worth considering no matter AP or AGIL (since at that gear lvl you dont get T2 epics) until you reach that yellow hitcap.

hit>anything until you get yellow hitcap

If a gear has +hit on it there is a big chance its your prebis gear get it. There is not an item with +hit on it that is worse than ap/agil//crit if you dont have 8% or more hit.

Edited by mytchi3

7 hours ago, mytchi3 said:

<8% hit means you have <3% on your gear because you get +5% from talents. No item is worth considering no matter AP or AGIL (since at that gear lvl you dont get T2 epics) until you reach that yellow hitcap.

hit>anything until you get yellow hitcap

If a gear has +hit on it there is a big chance its your prebis gear get it. There is not an item with +hit on it that is worse than ap/agil//crit if you dont have 8% or more hit.

That's not what I asked.

If you want an answer that no one else cares of, the best thing to do is to download the spreadsheet and check by yourself ;)

3 hours ago, Neila said:

That's not what I asked.

Problem is you dont know what you asked. If you did you would know there is not an item in this game with enough ap or agil that would be better than simple +1hit if you dont have yellow hitcap.

On 05/03/2017 at 2:07 AM, mytchi3 said:

Problem is you dont know what you asked. If you did you would know there is not an item in this game with enough ap or agil that would be better than simple +1hit if you dont have yellow hitcap.

The question was simple. "How much AP is 1% hit worth if you have <8% +hit?". Is it 50? 100? 200?  If you do not know the answer please keep your comments to yourselves. 

If anyone who has done the math could answer it, that'd be great. I wouldn't have to dig into that stuff myself.

6 hours ago, Neila said:

The question was simple. "How much AP is 1% hit worth if you have <8% +hit?". Is it 50? 100? 200?  If you do not know the answer please keep your comments to yourselves. 

If anyone who has done the math could answer it, that'd be great. I wouldn't have to dig into that stuff myself.

Why do you want to know this please? then maybe we can understand and help

Spoiler

Your question is unreasonable because its unreal.

What the fuck are you talking about 50? 100? 200???? There is not an item with 50 or 100 AP on it. If you want to contribute to minmaxing get your facts straight. What you want to know is bullshit and if still for some reason want to know this go ahead and waste your time.

Why do I see people recommending Subtlety with swords over daggers?

Wouldnt you need a dagger in main hand to be able to perform the majority of the openers?

Just now, Brenz said:

Why do I see people recommending Subtlety with swords over daggers?

Wouldnt you need a dagger in main hand to be able to perform the majority of the openers?

That is Hemo spec

2 hours ago, fukanoshi said:

Does chronometer addon shows crusader proc bar? Because it doesnt show it for me

Use mpowa and set it up because chrono will not track correctly if you have too many buffs at once

I've got a slight problem with weapon expertise. With my 305 sword skill, wouldnt it make the 3% hit on gear obsolete? By reducing the dodgechance of bosses by 3% my yellow hitcap should be at 5%. Or am i getting something wrong and the higher weapon skill is just a bonnus on damage?

What? You gain .04% hit from each skill level above 300. I wouldn't even factor that .2% into your hit %. The point of weapon skill is to push glancing blows off your hit table. So no - you still use your hit gear.

Yellow hitcap:
300 skill -> 8,6%
305 skill -> 7,4%
310 skill -> 6,2%

White hitcap:
300 skill -> 5,6%
305 skill -> 5,4%
310 skill -> 5,2%

White hitcap (dual wield):
19% + the above aka...
300 skill -> 24,6%
305 skill -> 24,4%
310 skill -> 24,2%

1 hour ago, Netherfrost said:

Yellow hitcap:
300 skill -> 8,6%
305 skill -> 7,4%
310 skill -> 6,2%

White hitcap:
300 skill -> 5,6%
305 skill -> 5,4%
310 skill -> 5,2%

White hitcap (dual wield):
19% + the above aka...
300 skill -> 24,6%
305 skill -> 24,4%
310 skill -> 24,2%

Source? And where did you find 310 and not 315? Cause in "leaked" source code its 315. If you found base for your statement please link that part of code

I didnt say 310 was cap. You can use the values to calculate beyond, but it has no practical applicance. Its ".0" for each at 315