25toten

Lupos Taming Guide - (Elysium Only)

On 2/19/2017 at 6:52 PM, EddieHunter said:

@fupse Which server mate?

Still The pet to get? What if you cba to level it what is 2nd best alternative?

Tamed him 2day after roughly 10 hrs of camping. The very east spot, 9.35 st Zeth'kur. Respawn here seems to be like 5 hours.

В 30.03.2017 в 02:57, greenkomodo сказал:

Still The pet to get? What if you cba to level it what is 2nd best alternative?

If u are playing on any server except Anathema ( cause it is 1.9) then yes, Lupos is the best possible choice.

If u cba to level it (still worth to level him even on 60), then it depends on your aims in game.

Broken tooth is best for pvp cause of 1.0 attack speed (though Lupos is still better against pals/wars cause he ignores armor).

Any cat (cause of highest damage) or wolf (cause of firious howl for your party) is your choice for pve/raiding.

If anyone is still keeping track...tamed on ZK at 2:40 eastern time (around 20 minutes ago).

Now for the annoyance of leveling him...

Can anyone confirm exactly how much time is the respawn time on ZK? Noone seems to know the exact time based on the research i did. I keep getting 2-6h but that's too vague. Also is he guaranteed to spawn after server restart?

If current population is <2500 than the respawn time is 5.5 hours. If the population > 2500 than the respawn time is 19800 * 2500 / curr population

For people who think that it's now easier to get the tame for alt hunters on ZK, since the servers are merging, there's some bad news. A guy called Biggons is either killing Lupos or you at the spawn intervals which are constant on ZK since pop < 2500. Looking back at messages in this thread apparently he has been doing it on/off for a long time. Basically if you try to tame Lupos he comes with his various hunters on the spawn locations and kills Lupos. Great guy. Hard to say if he is trying to tame it for himself on a great multitude of hunters for purposes of selling the accounts or w/e he is doing. Nonetheless it does make it exceptionally hard to get the tame when he doesn't just note the time of the tames but actually kills Lupos if it is being tamed by someone else.

The 3 west most spots are super camped. Seems like 20 hunters out looking for Lupos. After a weekend of off-on camping I have not even seen him yet.

Can anyone confirm he spawns at 70,25?

Just tamed him on Elysium. 25 alli hunter. Was there basically all day with npcscan in the background at 15,30. 

Spawn times I saw

19:02

21:22

23:53(when I tamed him)

@15,30. Waited about 2hrs when I first got on, afk'd 5m to grab food and someone got him in that time(19:02). NPCScan saw it too :X The guy was apparently waiting for a morbent group. Ouch.

@65, 25. Next one my group member saw and was killed by an alli hunter named Odstrelovac. Who apparently said "ez kill" after. Nice.

@15, 30. A 60 hunter actually started taming before me, not sure why his failed. I did delete my WDB folder before getting on for the record. 

4 hours ago, naeth said:

@15, 30. A 60 hunter actually started taming before me, not sure why his failed. I did delete my WDB folder before getting on for the record.

Tame Beast seems to be resistible. :)

Just wanna report alliance hunter lvl 60 named Dv killing Lupos on purpose on Elysium. Watch out for that scumbag.

I confirm the respawn rate on the Elysium server. On Sunday 28.5.

At 18:15 I saw his spawn at 65-24 and I tried to tame him with other hunters. I failed. The population was aroung 6600.
So I calculated the respawn to be around 2h and 5 min.  (5.5h * 2500/6600 .... 2500 is the a fixed constant)
I tried my luck at around 20:00 at the spot 33-25, where it was quiet, just one hunter AFK.

At around 20:15 I started to be thrilled. He really respawned in few minutes. The population at that time was around 6400. I tamed him, yeah !!!

I just tamed him, i probably spent all of 2 mins total getting this pet. I felt bad for all the other hunters there.

Any guides on leveling this guy? quiet area, easy to kill mobs etc. 

I waited for a server restart and flew from ran Stormwind. Found him almost immediately. 

I brought a pet with me just in case of PvP. Soon as I found Lupos I abandoned my pet and tamed him.

He is absolutely worth the effort of leveling him. 

On June 10, 2017 at 0:11 AM, Sanger said:

I just tamed him, i probably spent all of 2 mins total getting this pet. I felt bad for all the other hunters there.

Any guides on leveling this guy? quiet area, easy to kill mobs etc. 

I leveled him on the elite trolls outside of ZF. From 23-49 there then went to Tyr's Hand to farm elites there. 

9 hours ago, Poecher said:

I leveled him on the elite trolls outside of ZF. From 23-49 there then went to Tyr's Hand to farm elites there. 

I got him to 58 atm, boy is it a chore just leveling a pet.

For anyone else wanting to leveling this guy these are the spots i tried.

Alterac Mountains - Dalaran wizards.

STV - Bloodsail warlocks. Their minions give your pet xp so 1 multi shot crit and theyre both dead.

Hinterlands - trolls at the bottom of that temple where you get the ZF mallet.

Felwood - 49-51 satyrs in south felwood.