25toten

Lupos Taming Guide - (Elysium Only)

On 1/2/2017 at 7:22 PM, Bluntski said:

Yea that guy is a piece of shit.

On 1/2/2017 at 7:21 PM, lineupofpeace said:

So I get to the spawn spot (Elysium server), no other hunters around. This level 60 hunter (Corvus) with an epic mount and some serious BOE gear (Dwarven Hand Cannon, etc.) shows up.

Starts telling me that he'll one shot Lupos if I start taming him first. I laugh and tell him that I could easily kill Lupos before he finishes taming him as well. 

So he immediately starts panicking (since he obviously needs to get back to gold farming ASAP), then calls in a level 60 Alliance buddy to come gank and corpse camp me.

Hunter pets are serious business.

Hey dudes, you can't expect to go  to a highly camped area to claim a highly contested and valuable reward without being prepared for whatever it happens. By the way, you forgot to mention that before being killed you refused to help the lvl 39 hordie who was also waiting for the spawn and i killed while you /laugh. That's karma, my friends.

By the way, welcome to the jungle :)

Edited by cadet
Forgot to add salt to my response

Do not bring Lupos to raids for dps. Because of his shadow attack, he will consume improved shadow bolt stacks - you will be significantly gimping the locks dps which is a far greater loss than the dps the pet will do. Have fun with him in solo, parties, and PvP - great way to take on those plate wearers.

Edited by tyab

2 hours ago, tyab said:

Do not bring Lupos to raids for dps. Because of his shadow attack, he will consume improved shadow bolt stacks - you will be significantly gimping the locks dps which is a far greater loss than the dps the pet will do. Have fun with him in solo, parties, and PvP - great way to take on those plate wearers.

Pretty sure this was debunked in the other thread:

https://forum.elysium-project.org/topic/35485-lupos-banned-from-raids/

Is it worth it to get Lupos for leveling, or should I stick with my 1.2 attack speed cat?

I'm on Darrowshire, on east coast USA as well, so I can easily just play late at night when all of EU is asleep and the population drops down low. Should increase my chances of finding him.

Also, wowhead comments say that he spawns with two adds...are they present on this server? If they are, that means I'll have to take a pet with me to kill them, then abandon it and tame Lupos.

Edited by gotmilk0112

13 hours ago, gotmilk0112 said:

Is it worth it to get Lupos for leveling, or should I stick with my 1.2 attack speed cat?

I'm on Darrowshire, on east coast USA as well, so I can easily just play late at night when all of EU is asleep and the population drops down low. Should increase my chances of finding him.

Also, wowhead comments say that he spawns with two adds...are they present on this server? If they are, that means I'll have to take a pet with me to kill them, then abandon it and tame Lupos.

He's an easy solo. I camped him at level 23 and didn't level until I got him, it's been worth it. Does well in pvp except vs high SR targets and eats through mobs pretty quickly

So i got him today, hes lvl 24 now. Im feeling the pain to level him. Tried out killing dragonlings in burning steppes, gav 300xp just as the low level gives.

Do i do this wrong? Or how do you level him fast and without the chestpain? :D

I sat at the eastern spawn points for nearly 3 hours last night, no spawn. I was the only Horde player in the zone(I kept checking every 10 minutes to be sure), and from what I could tell, there were no Alliance hunters around.

Every 20 minutes or so I ran over to the other two spawn points to check them, nothing. Is there any confirmation on his spawn timer? Some people in this thread are saying 2+ hours, others are saying just over 1 hour, etc

I'm going to try again today. There's another Hunter here sitting at the eastern spawns, so this time I'll sit at the western spawns, and use Eagle Eye to check the one that I'm not sitting at.

Edited by gotmilk0112

5 hours of camping across the 3 spawn locations, still haven't seen a single spawn or even a corpse. Though I did get a heart attack when NPCScan went off, only to find that it was a regular wolf hunter pet named "Lupos".

Checked on another Hunter who has been camping as well, who showed up about 2 hours ago, and is still over at the eastern spawn points.

I'm beginning to think that the 1-2 hour spawn rate is because of dynamic spawn rate boosting on Elysium. Or does that not effect rares?

Edited by gotmilk0112

(Darrowshire)

Ive checked lvl60 Lupos in a duel vs Druid in normal form and bear form, the damage stayed the same, which suggests it doesnt interact with armor. I'm gonna present the data sometime later when i can (i still need to record long dps series).

(Darrowshire)

Spellbinders in BWL are immune to Lupos's attacks (they are immune to all magic). This further corraborates him being unique in that regard.

I wouldn't even bother. I am level 25 and it is a absolute nightmare to even try and get him. I have logged on the past week before I go to work and even in the early hours of the morning there are several hunters about. It is even worse that I am Horde. It is actually a bug that he does do shadow damage and was fixed in 1.8 or 1.9. The fact that we have weapon normalisation and Alterac Valley wolves do normal run speed should mean that Lupos should have normal damage.

Back on live Vanilla it took me ten minutes to tame Lupos because no one knew about him. The same for Broken Tooth as well. Not looking forward trying to tame that. Might just stick with my Rake. 

Yeah, on the high pop PvP realms, camping rares is a nightmare, but really all you need to do is just stick to one spot and wait. He'll spawn there eventually; you just need to be ready with NPCScan. As people posted earlier in the thread, his spawn time is *seemingly* being boosted by dynamic spawn rate, so he respawns every 1.5-2 hours, compared to the normal 4-6 hour spawn timer.

On Darrowshire, there were only 1, maybe 2 other hunters trying to get him, at any given time.

Edited by gotmilk0112

Got lucky and got him rather quickly (only to then give him a retarded name and regretting it ever since) and I can confirm that his DPS is pretty absurd. Because he ignores any armor on the target, he regularly crits for 120-200 damage. My hunter only reaches 120 tops with a crit. While my pet cat used to be a nice but ultimately minor DPS boost, now my hunter feels like the afterthought to my pet. Just tagging along to loot and feed. Definitely recommended if you have the patience to tame one.

I can confirm the 1h 45m - 1h 55m spawn time on Lupos.

Saturday morning around 8:15 server time I saw Lupos dead at 33.25 at Elysium. Sad.

I decided to come back 1h 30m later to be there in time for his supposed re-spawn. I must have been there around 9:45 server time.

Around 10:00 server time, I believe, I saw him spawn right there before my eyes and I was able to successfully tame him.

I fed him up quickly and dismissed him and seconds later 3-4 horde guys came running towards me and I got instantly wiped out. :D

Edited by fupse