25toten

Lupos Taming Guide - (Elysium Only)

1 hour ago, greenkomodo said:

So you think it's worth trying 33,25 then for the next few days?

I tamed mine at 33,25.

The best strategy overall is to just pick one place and stay there. He'll spawn there eventually.

I tamed Lupos on Darrowshire at approx 23:20 at the spawn 32.6/25.8.  My character is an Orc (lvl 45)  - there were others (alliance and horde) who cheered when I got him.  It was all very friendly.

It wasn't a comparatively long camp, about 1.5 hours.  It took me two times to tame him - luckily I had a mana pot.  Also, I had 'aspect of the cheetah' on the first attempt - causing me to be dazed .. duh!   I quickly switched to 'aspect of the monkey', drank the pot and restarted the tame.  success!!  

I looked around and am pretty sure that pets were 'normalized' on or shortly after patch 2.0.1  (applied Dec 5,2006) and I base this on a forum discussion (Nov. 16, 2006) about it - indicating it was coming soon:  http://wow.allakhazam.com/forum.html?forum=243&mid=1163702661283124408  

So, for now, I am confident that Lupos will do shadow dmg til then :)

I've been at this since last night, casualy logging in and checking.

Seen him getting killed by allies once, and second time just logged in to see a fellow hordie tame it. Pretty frustrating, but I quess eventually I'll get it. Pretty stresfull as a lvl23 hordie.

Wish me luck, and fu allies! :D

Edit: Just logged in just to get multishotted to death by a lvl60 dwarf.

Edited by Gallov
update

Hey guys, tamed lupos yesterday, and when i decided to look at his damage at lvl 27 today, i was surprised, how low his damage on DamageMeters addon, then i realized, that his autoattack doesnt count in dps meter. Only Bite damage is count. What to do guys, go you know which addon can count his damage? (and also i think that will be trouble in dungeon, if leader's dps meter will not count damage =\ )

4 hours ago, unjkeee said:

Hey guys, tamed lupos yesterday, and when i decided to look at his damage at lvl 27 today, i was surprised, how low his damage on DamageMeters addon, then i realized, that his autoattack doesnt count in dps meter. Only Bite damage is count. What to do guys, go you know which addon can count his damage? (and also i think that will be trouble in dungeon, if leader's dps meter will not count damage =\ )

On this topic:

Had a SM run yesterday on my level 36 Hunter with Lupos. Damage Meter after Graveyard, Library and Armory was: 90k Rogue, 80k me, 80k Lupos. Dunno what add-on was used, but it certainly seemed to keep track of Lupos' damage. And I didn't even bother using Hunter's Mark or any abilities outside of Arcane Shot/Sting :O

Seen him tamed today just after restart, 13.35 Server Time Zeth'Kur. There were 3 of us - 2 troll hunters and me Nelf, killed 1 troll, the 2nd killed me and tamed Lupos.

So now gotta check for respawn timer on ZK. 

65.25 btw.

Helpful little macro for all the lupos hunters out there 

/Script TargetByName("Lupos", true)
/cast Tame Beast

1 hour ago, EddieHunter said:

Could u tell me, what exactly the "true" thing does?

It enables exact matching.

"/Script TargetByName("Lupos")" or "/target Lupos" targets Rare NPC Lord Malathrom, the Player Letch and Lupos as well.

"/Script TargetByName("Lupos", true)" targets only Lupos.

13 minutes ago, neon90 said:

I and another hunter camping on Zeth'Kur for hours, the 6h mark passed allrdy and he didn’t spawned yet

He could have spawned at another location and gotten tamed.

I camped ~9 hours and didn't see a single spawn until the one I tamed.

1 hour ago, neon90 said:

I and another hunter camping on Zeth'Kur for hours, the 6h mark passed allrdy and he didn’t spawned yet

Yeah im not sure whats going on here alliance had all spawns covered and after 7 hours we had no spawns.

Damn, swstats addon looks like a mess, too much options. Dpsmat is ount lupos damage but cant show separately your/pet damage. Any other addons?

Got him 13:54 UTC +1 today on Elysium on my 31 hunter. Popped on npc scan while i was farming deep underground in ravenhill cemetary. So many people farming wolves, cant believe my luck! At 13,31 fyi

Edited by sader92

5 минут назад, paultrouble сказал:

Ah, so besides armor mitigation, its not so good for pvp i guess. Would have been good to ignore rogue's evasion

lmao, maybe something else for just a hunter's pet? Now pvp pets Lupos > Immune Bat > broken tooth