hashtagfeels

Oily Blackmouth?

21 posts in this topic

Hi guys, just wondering whats up with oily blackmouth. 

I remember in vanilla i used to be able to fish it from darkshore maybe 1 out of 15 fish

but i just spent an hour in darkshore to no avail

also tried wetlands, got a few firefin snapper but still no blackmouth

I saw in another thread that the pools/schools were removed. I put my fishing up past 150 on 2 chars and have not seen a single Blackmouth in Westfall, Darkshore, or Wetlands. There might be higher level areas that have them but I haven't heard anyone having any luck finding any on Elysium. Annoying because I like having a stack of water breathing pots on my low levels. I suspect this is temporary and will get fixed in a patch or two.

You can fish them without pools, it's just... Very very annoying and you have to know where to fish.

Why would you even post that, without providing any sort of proof? These forums are for help, not teasing/pretending to be cool.

I've fished just about everywhere in Azeroth and have yet to catch an oily blackmouth.

23 hours ago, rikkisix said:

You can fish them without pools, it's just... Very very annoying and you have to know where to fish.

Hate to say it but you're right, you didn't need the pools to fish these in certian zones. STV south comes to mind, but affter they removed the pools they're gone in general, very strange, it seems that way about some of the rums as well. Although all the blackmouth you had in your bags is still there.

low percentage, but I have caught them at Steemwheedle Port and Feathermoon Stronghold when I was fishing for other fish.

Edited by Zariya

Oily Blackmouth is easy as pie (somwhere in a LAND that's WET), however, Stonescale Eel seem very elusive to me. Do I need to fish them during a very specific time or have a very high skill, or am I just fishing in the wrong places?

Edited by Whiskra

On ‎1‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 6:02 PM, Whiskra said:

Oily Blackmouth is easy as pie (somwhere in a LAND that's WET), however, Stonescale Eel seem very elusive to me. Do I need to fish them during a very specific time or have a very high skill, or am I just fishing in the wrong places?

You can get Stonescale Eel from a place where there is water and trees!

If only people could start sharing instead of being elusive, that would be great.

i got 12 within 1h in Tarren mill. (elysium server) You need to have around 115+ plus the +50 fishing bonus to get a chance for it

Oh come on guys, everyone say they can fish them, but where?? don't be elusive, give us some precise spot plz

don't be like real fisherman

Edited by wolfmanIII

11 hours ago, wolfmanIII said:

Oh come on guys, everyone say they can fish them, but where?? don't be elusive, give us some precise spot plz

don't be like real fisherman

If everyone could catch them, who would buy mine? 

15 hours ago, behemothdog said:

If everyone could catch them, who would buy mine?

So you gold source is oily blackmouth, come on...

:)

Try virtualy any spot in any level 20-30 zone. 10-20% oily blackmouth, 10-20% firefin snappers.

moonglade is fine , you also get nigthfins if the time is rigth

I caught an oily blackmouth in SW last night. Got my fishing from 5-75 in a couple of hrs and got 1 blkacmouth. Mostly I got the standard fish so its a poor drop rate. I was using no lures - just standard, on Darrowshire server.

I am having the issue that I cant cast into a large body of water though - I get the message stating that I was casting into water that wasnt fit for fishing... guess Im just a bad fisherman!

On 2/13/2017 at 7:41 PM, haolerot said:

Why would you even post that, without providing any sort of proof? These forums are for help, not teasing/pretending to be cool.

I've fished just about everywhere in Azeroth and have yet to catch an oily blackmouth.

Go to Hillsbrad and fish from the rivers and ponds. I've catched several stacks from Hillsbrad Foothills, but it just takes some time. Probably 1.5 hours for a stack.

On 2/13/2017 at 0:41 PM, haolerot said:

Then you are no Captain Highliner and should be ashamed. Give me your rod and begone with you.

6722109937_0790e7aed2.jpg

Edited by HudsonHawk
typo