Sign in to follow this  
Nevarion

Best PvP-melee class right now

What's best melee class on Elysium right now? Rogues? If not, what you think is best? I know skill matter most, but whats your opinon guys?

What do u mean best?Rogues probably but group PvP then definitely warrior.For solo PvP?I would say feral druid if u know how to play him since druid has higher skill cap.

Rogues are good and all that but when they get faire or dotted up then they run like sh1t xd.

On 8/10/2017 at 2:43 AM, suhail1200 said:

I would say feral druid if u know how to play him since druid has higher skill cap.

Complete and utter trash for PvP: damage is significantly lower than the rogues or warriors can output, huge troubles with itemization, literally no reliable CC (no slows, conditional interrupt) and no reliable defensive CDs. If you are caught in human form -- you are dead, if you are caught in cat form -- you are dead. Shamans, priests and pallies just outheal your damage and laugh in your face... Maybe something changes with AQ release... 

On 9/23/2017 at 0:03 AM, Zak Preston said:

Complete and utter trash for PvP: damage is significantly lower than the rogues or warriors can output, huge troubles with itemization, literally no reliable CC (no slows, conditional interrupt) and no reliable defensive CDs. If you are caught in human form -- you are dead, if you are caught in cat form -- you are dead. Shamans, priests and pallies just outheal your damage and laugh in your face... Maybe something changes with AQ release... 

Itemization isn't bad at all since u wear leather and rogues too, other than the class sets.It's only bad if u want to tank big bosses due to defense cap and no parry/block etc..

U are talking PvE wise their , yes warriors and rogue does more dmg , yes shaman and priest outheal druids however in PvP warrior has no CC and no heal , rogue once dotted or faire on him he is dead.

U have bash+pounce stuns , tauren interrupt , roots , faire , feral charge , barkskin , 2.4x multiplier allowing u to hit very high sta in bear and str in cat , in the top 2 highest crit rate in game , immune to every CC in game poly-slows-stun-charm-fear , not forgetting healing touch is highest HP's in game and then u got rejuv and growth heal.

It's the best class for world PvP and 1 vs 1 when played right.If u talking raw dmg it heals then ofc not.

Itemization: unlike rogues and warriors, druid's tier sets are exclusively for healers. There are a couple of quite good pieces from BWL, but in general we are still stuck with devilsaur set and 5-mans rares up until AQ.

In terms of PvP: ferals deal less damage compared to rogues and have significantly less CC. The problem is that vanilla PvP is too bursty, which means that you can be destroyed in a couple of lucky crits. If you say that ferals are on par with rogues in terms of CC, then i have bad news for you: you haven't played rogues or ferals. Because otherwise you could add grenades' stun, rochet helmet, net-matic trinket and even gnomish MC cap.

But in general the problem is in lack of offensive and defensive CDs + terrible CC. 

On 10/1/2017 at 7:55 PM, Zak Preston said:

Itemization: unlike rogues and warriors, druid's tier sets are exclusively for healers. There are a couple of quite good pieces from BWL, but in general we are still stuck with devilsaur set and 5-mans rares up until AQ.

In terms of PvP: ferals deal less damage compared to rogues and have significantly less CC. The problem is that vanilla PvP is too bursty, which means that you can be destroyed in a couple of lucky crits. If you say that ferals are on par with rogues in terms of CC, then i have bad news for you: you haven't played rogues or ferals. Because otherwise you could add grenades' stun, rochet helmet, net-matic trinket and even gnomish MC cap.

But in general the problem is in lack of offensive and defensive CDs + terrible CC. 

Ferals have great control. if you get caught in the wrong form you are playing wrong or in group pvp, possibly ambushed while questing. Opener stun, bash stun, charge root, short cooldown root, casted root, can prevent rogue vanish, slow/ root removal, abolish poison, curse removal, can do damage up close or at a distance. As long as you don't die in an ambush you have a lot of tools available that help you deal with many situations. Its a whole toolkit. Anything with a cooldown longer than 5 mins is really just a gimmick and can prove unreliable. Heck, one tried to mind control me only to help me kill his partner when it backfired. I then healed and took him out as it gave me time to setup.

rogue CC - sap, opener stun, combo stun, slow poison, random stun if specced, conditional disarm, and distract. Not much flexibility in comparison. Can focus great though.

Rogues are the best PvP melee hands down, but since we're discussing Druid itemization, it's worth noting that you're thinking of set pieces when Druids should be gearing solo pieces for the most part. Here's a gearing guide for Druids, since careful itemization is an important part of going feral.

On 10/5/2017 at 11:10 AM, Whitewolf said:

Ferals have great control. if you get caught in the wrong form you are playing wrong or in group pvp, possibly ambushed while questing. Opener stun, bash stun, charge root, short cooldown root, casted root, can prevent rogue vanish, slow/ root removal, abolish poison, curse removal, can do damage up close or at a distance. As long as you don't die in an ambush you have a lot of tools available that help you deal with many situations. Its a whole toolkit. Anything with a cooldown longer than 5 mins is really just a gimmick and can prove unreliable. Heck, one tried to mind control me only to help me kill his partner when it backfired. I then healed and took him out as it gave me time to setup.

rogue CC - sap, opener stun, combo stun, slow poison, random stun if specced, conditional disarm, and distract. Not much flexibility in comparison. Can focus great though.

Nice, you've mixed CC and defensive cooldowns for druids =)

What feral's flexibility are you talking about right now? Run or just... run? Feral's Bash (bear stun) has 1 min CD and you need to go to bear form to perform it (spend additional GCD), all the roots require you to be in caster form to apply them. And can you actually compare roots + 2 stuns to rogue's stunlock combo? I hope you do realize that the enemy can hit you back while being rooted. 2 conditional stuns are not even remotely enough for CC-chain.

Ferals were very strong at the server start when none had good gear and they could use to full extend the +9 weapon dmg enchant (which is roughly equal to 54 strength) and +8 weapon dmg weightstone (another 48 strength) that in total were equal to additional 244 AP. but even than an equally geared dagger rogue could deal roughly the same damage 

Now most melee classes have shiny awesome tier sets, while ferals are stuck with pre-raid rares and occasional BWL drops (plus BG rep rewards).

The problem is that you are comparing druids to rogues. They aren't even the same thing let alone having abilities you can't compare with side by side. You can't even compare them in a duel because whoever gets the drop first wins, period. Well, that's only if the druid is in cat or caster form. You can open in bear with nature's grasp and when the Rogue attacks he is rooted you FF him run HoT/ heal stealth and then open yourself. Rogues without vanish are dead men walking when they can't run away.

On 10/14/2017 at 1:46 AM, Whitewolf said:

The problem is that you are comparing druids to rogues. They aren't even the same thing let alone having abilities you can't compare with side by side. You can't even compare them in a duel because whoever gets the drop first wins, period. Well, that's only if the druid is in cat or caster form. You can open in bear with nature's grasp and when the Rogue attacks he is rooted you FF him run HoT/ heal stealth and then open yourself. Rogues without vanish are dead men walking when they can't run away.

I am comparing feral druids with with most popular melee classes in PvP: warriors and rogues. And you have to compare classes in PvP if you are defining "Best PvP-melee class right now". 

Now you are trying to explain how to beat a rogue to an r13 druid. Sure you can, but rogue should be seriously undergeared or relatively bad. Even with FF on rogue can vanish to break roots, blind, use evasion and sprint to kite you and when he is out of CDs he just pops prep and repeats the whole cc chain again. Once again, if you are in bear form, you don't deal damage, if you are in cat form, you can be killed in ~3 backstab crits while being stunned or blinded.

Three Backstab attacks in a row will cost 180 Energy (60 each).  That's a LOT of Energy to spend around 2 global cooldowns (Backstab, GCD, Backstab, GCD, Backstab) and doesn't even include the Energy cost of stunning a target in the first place, or even drinking Thistle Tea for up to 100 Energy during the cycle.

So please ... enlighten us as to what this stunlock rotation is that allows a Rogue to Backstab for 3 crits while a target is stunned?

Have you ever played a rogue? A good geared rogue doesn't need to land 3 backstabs to kill people. Most casters die with just 1 backstab and an eviscerate crit.

8 минут назад, Zarant сказал:

Have you ever played a rogue? A good geared rogue doesn't need to land 3 backstabs to kill people. Most casters die with just 1 backstab and an eviscerate crit.

most casters? deep frost mage? sl warlock? boomkin? ele? Shadow? u just can't kill good geared caster with 1 backstab and evi crit.

1 hour ago, Roxanne Flowers said:

Three Backstab attacks in a row will cost 180 Energy (60 each).  That's a LOT of Energy to spend around 2 global cooldowns (Backstab, GCD, Backstab, GCD, Backstab) and doesn't even include the Energy cost of stunning a target in the first place, or even drinking Thistle Tea for up to 100 Energy during the cycle.

So please ... enlighten us as to what this stunlock rotation is that allows a Rogue to Backstab for 3 crits while a target is stunned?

don't act like kid: rogue's cc chains are extremely diverse and it doesn't mean that rogues land 3 backstabs in a row in 1 stun duration. 

1 hour ago, Zak Preston said:

don't act like kid: rogue's cc chains are extremely diverse and it doesn't mean that rogues land 3 backstabs in a row in 1 stun duration. 

Diverse? 2 stuns, gouge, blind. Cheap shot to backstab is 100 energy. at most within those 4 seconds you will regen 40 energy. You kidney shot for 25 energy leaving you with 15. over those 6 sec. you regen 60 -80 energy. Just enough to gouge. 15-35 energy. At this point if you thistle tea earlier you would get your third BS. The problem? A trinket pop for the kidney shot to FF the rogue and the rogue cant reset to an opener anymore. Sure the rogue can maybe get 30 secs of being untouchable and sprint uptime, but the druid gets 60-70% armor plus barkskin and frenzied regeneration.

I never played rogue in vanilla but in TBC faerie fire disables the rogues ability to even activate vanish. Whether vanish being usable during faerie fire is a bug I don't know. Either way it is news to me.

2 minutes ago, Whitewolf said:

Diverse? 2 stuns, gouge, blind. Cheap shot to backstab is 100 energy. at most within those 4 seconds you will regen 40 energy. You kidney shot for 25 energy leaving you with 15. over those 6 sec. you regen 60 -80 energy. Just enough to gouge. 15-35 energy. At this point if you thistle tea earlier you would get your third BS. The problem? A trinket pop for the kidney shot to FF the rogue and the rogue cant reset to an opener anymore. Sure the rogue can maybe get 30 secs of being untouchable and sprint uptime, but the druid gets 60-70% armor plus barkskin and frenzied regeneration.

I never played rogue in vanilla but in TBC faerie fire disables the rogues ability to even activate vanish. Whether vanish being usable during faerie fire is a bug I don't know. Either way it is news to me.

Feral druid in catspec has 50% armor reduction (bearform) at best on elysium and you can't use barkskin in forms. But I suppose you haven't played druids on vanilla either.

2 hours ago, Zarant said:

Casters. Have you backstabbed a fully geared feral druid in bear form? 2k to only 1400 damage combo (crit) on a character with 6-7k health

1 minute ago, Zak Preston said:

Feral druid in catspec has 50% armor reduction (bearform) at best on elysium and you can't use barkskin in forms. But I suppose you haven't played druids on vanilla either.

Implying that you get 3 backstabs so easily on a druid of a matching skill level implies you prefer to gank targets on unequal footing which could be reversed on you. If you are expecting being pounded on relentlessly why wouldn't you equip some tank gear as survival is king in pvp. I guess you haven't fought a cat that knows what they should be doing.