Jithong

Is it normal to die to 2 mobs?

First time priest player here.

I'm level 9 playing solo and whenever I pull an aggro on 2 or more mobs, I can't run away and I can't kill them because my spells keep getting interrupted so I die.

Is this normal or am I doing something stupid? I'm dying so frequently because of this and I get discouraged to play.

Thanks.

23 minutes ago, Jithong said:

First time priest player here.

I'm level 9 playing solo and whenever I pull an aggro on 2 or more mobs, I can't run away and I can't kill them because my spells keep getting interrupted so I die.

Is this normal or am I doing something stupid? I'm dying so frequently because of this and I get discouraged to play.

Thanks.

This isn't retail.    Keep a mind about your surroundings,  make sure you have a game plan in-case something goes wrong.     When running away, strafe so you don't get hit from behind and dazed.    Pull with ranged/bow when fighting a camp.   If you hit a mob while running away, its reset-range is then reset and will continue to follow.  You can use this to your advantage when needing to kill 1 mob, but three come on the initial pull.  

There is a reason why Vanilla was loved.  It's because of the pains.   You'll get gear and talents and knowledge of the game and take more care on your pulls, will equal a much better player.   

Edited by Undertanker

55 minutes ago, Undertanker said:

This isn't retail.    Keep a mind about your surroundings,  make sure you have a game plan in-case something goes wrong.     When running away, strafe so you don't get hit from behind and dazed.    Pull with ranged/bow when fighting a camp.   If you hit a mob while running away, its reset-range is then reset and will continue to follow.  You can use this to your advantage when needing to kill 1 mob, but three come on the initial pull.  

There is a reason why Vanilla was loved.  It's because of the pains.   You'll get gear and talents and knowledge of the game and take more care on your pulls, will equal a much better player.   

In the end, you'll find this makes the game SO much more enjoyable, as undertanker said.  Especially when you get in dungeon groups and everyone uses their expertise and awareness to clear the dungeons.  You will feel very accomplished and share with others a common sense of satisfaction and usefulness.

Priest in general, you use Wands to level because of that sweet wand damage talent, plus Shadow Word: Pain. Not the fastest killing, but you almost never have to drink, so you have very little downtime.

Vanilla is VERY punishing and unpolished game-play wise, it's part of the charm.

At level 9, it's normal for every class.

At level 12, it's normal for every class except the hunter.

Hunter ---》Vanilla God-Mode 

11 hours ago, Fladrif said:

At level 9, it's normal for every class.

At level 12, it's normal for every class except the hunter.

Hunter ---》Vanilla God-Mode 

If we're talking about taking on multiples, I would have to disagree with this, and say that warlock is better.  This because of the versatility of the class and the fact that you don't have to deal with the dead zone.  You might have more downtime on a lock, but i definitely think they're better at handling multiples early on.

That being said, once you get into the swing of things and find your "rhythm" you'll be able to go far longer without dying if you're careful.  And always remember, you can group if you can't handle a particular area or quest, some things are easier with help.