Shenna

Elysium Project: Moving Forward!

Content Release.jpg

Hi everyone,

We’ve seen a lot of questions surrounding the future of Elysium’s development staff, and we want to address those for everyone.

Our previous Lead Developer, Aunt Owl, has stepped down from his role. During this transition, we had Asura (from Crestfall & LGN) step in and pick up the reigns until a suitable replacement was found. 

Since then, Asura has decided to step down from the Legacy Gaming Network, and cease any work on Elysium. We are sorry to see him go, but, we understand he has his reasons.

We would like to share some new internal changes with you, in light of recent developments.

First off, we have promoted a new Lead Developer: Sidsukana!

Sidsukana has been working in the emulation community for over 8 years. He is the author of several tools including Qt Spellwork, and is a member of CMaNGOS-classic.

He has vast knowledge in C++ & SQL, the emulator’s architecture, and is the author and manager of Elysium’s anti-spam and Honor systems. Sidsukana was also integral in the merger with Nostalrius. We are excited to have him move into this new role!

Also, we are glad to welcome a few new developers to the team:

• Giperion
  • Holland
  • Havric
  • Stinkz

These new developers have been on the team for a short amount of time now, and we have seen some excellent work from them so far. We’re really excited for this new chapter in development!

Finally: Ahn’Qiraj! All development resources are currently focused on completing the War Effort. We’re almost done - and this is our #1 priority.

Thank you for your support and all the positive messages that we’ve received lately. They were great messages, and we could tell they came from the heart. This is the voice of the majority, and we know that these are the voices that we should listen to.

Next week we will be announcing the launch date of the War Effort, and will hopefully have some more news for you on the AQ release!

Elysium Staff

Thanks Shenna.

Keep doing what you are doing. We support you.

I am very happy to hear that the team is doing the Lord's work again.

So that's it, huh?  You've got nothing to say about, say, the security protocols that have led to this dire situation?

I guess that's a statement in itself.  Well, I won't bother anyone about it anymore.

"Next week we will be announcing the launch date of the War Effort, and will hopefully have some more news for you on the AQ release!"

Legit the only thing that matters in this thread,

I am very VERY glad to see this. However, I want to note. Do not release AQ until its as bug free as you can get it, (no pun intended), and BALANCED. If it is not tuned correctly people will be upset. Get it as close to correct as you can the first time.