Sign in to follow this  
rajinsu

hunter track hidden

Does this work for any one any mob that uses stealth does not show up on the mini map when im tracking hidden im in stv none of the stealth cats are showing up on my mini map iv more or less still had to get lucky and run over top of them just to see them.

This if my first time lving a hunter  but after reading the skill i can only think its broke or something because iv never seen it work the way it says .I never used it before stv never really needed to till now.

Urgh, I think you're asking if the "Track Hidden" ability shows stealthed targets on the minimap - and yes it does but only when you actually detect them in stealth however it also makes you easier detect stealthed targets (I'm not playing on Elysium's servers so I can't tell if it actually works like this, but it should.)

Edited by Cruzix

2 minutes ago, Cruzix said:

Urgh, I think you're asking if the "Track Hidden" ability shows stealthed targets on the minimap - and yes it does but only when you actually detect them in stealth however it also makes you easier detect stealthed targets (I'm not playing on Elysium's servers so I can't tell if it actually works like this, but it should.)

I tried using it and it didnt work for me when i was doing the same Quest.

The cats always attacked me first and I couldn't find them until they did ... maybe a bug?

Edited by Shaze

It's not supposed to show you hidden mobs on the minimap, it increases your stealth detection.  If you are able to detect a stealthed mob without aggroing it, it will show on the minimap, but you will be able to see it anyway.

It's not supposed to show you all hidden mobs in the area, that would be ridiculously OP.

Edited by Gardash

If Detect Hidden is not intended to be a "mini-map reveal" but rather work as an "increased Stealth detection" mechanic, this then begs the question ...

Is Detect Hidden actually "strong enough" in effect to actually do the job it has been assigned to do?  If not, how much "tuning" would be required in order to allow it to do so?

Mind you, the answers to these questions are in part dependent upon NPC Stealth not being ridiculously overpowered/unbalanced, which seems to be the case at present.  So if someone has the knowledge (and inclination) to look in the open source core code, please check to verify that NPC Stealth isn't "broken" before considering if Detect Hidden requires a "tune up" in its effectiveness to be able to perform its assigned role.

Some of this is worded very poorly. Simple answer, in addition to an increase in stealth detection, if you can target it, it will show up on your map.

Detect hidden is supposed to reveal stealthed enemies you have detected, Means the tracking is useless.

However it increases your stealth detection, which is amazing.

It doesn't seem to be a strong here as it was in retail. Could need some more testing tho?