Hello Elysium staff,

I started battlegrounds like 3 days ago and i'm like WTF is happening ? This is not blizzlike at all.

Back in 2006, players didn't have the knowledge to do that, and if they did, this shit would have been taken care of by blizzard. I repeat this is not blizzlike.

I just found another forum POST about that and the answer of the CM was totaly epic "Nost tried that, it failed.". Well ok, maybe you're right but lets talk seriously now : there are some things that can be done.

First lets look at the situation a little :

Who has fun in battlegrounds on Elysium PvP right now ?

Alliance premades are sleeping, queueing 15h per day into AFK Horde pugs, forcing everyone in the alliance to premade and try to grind 1.5 million honor per week to even dream of getting past R10, and horde are getting rekt 15h/day, its more about how much one can handle before ragequitting. I Fail to see the entertainment here.

If only 15 guys in the server are doing a premade, all the faction has to premade aswell because if they only PUG and get 500k / week they can't deal against a 2m / week guild. Everyone is forced to premade because of a cancerous minority maybe less than 20 players. Blizzard would never let a part of the game be trash because of ~20-40 players.

My suggestion is : Don't allow premades of 3+ players to queue.

3 is fine you can't 3v15, you can still play with some friends and carry games. The thing Nost did was bad because it allowed wintrading, u had infamous queue times, and chill premades of friends would just get rekt by tryharders premades because there is no MMR system and it ruins the fun for them . Just don't let people queue in a party with more than 3 players. Simple as that. Tryharders can still play with some friends and rankup at the same speed, and both factions can enjoy battlegrounds.

EDIT : Not gonna answer to troll, especially those without arguments or something interesting to say

Edited by Noom

27 минут назад, Noom сказал:

I cannot have fun on BG, but still keep queueing. Puleese, forbid fun to everyone else. And forbid minorities too.

This is what I read from your really well written message. Speaking of minorities - go watch "Make love, not warcraft", then abandon it and play basketball.

Edited by Jorn Skyseer
for reasons unknown

6 minutes ago, joycewaddup said:

Watchout for the two forum heroes.

Op has a point tho. Who has fun in Elysium pvp BG right now ?

I have pretty fun in AV premades and I'm like R3 or something.

7 minutes ago, joycewaddup said:

Watchout for the two forum heroes.

Op has a point tho. Who has fun in Elysium pvp BG right now ?

w5ij1.jpg

3 minutes ago, Storfan said:

I have pretty fun in AV premades and I'm like R3 or something.

I'm talking about Elysium PvP realm, i don't know about the other servers, but we only have WSG and AB there ! :)

Also I think when the numbers are uneven then players at random should be put in stasis so there's always the same number of combatants in the BG.

3 hours ago, ismeckye said:

5 groups of 3 will count down in TS and be in the same BG 90% of the time. GGEZ

If the server stop premade and people still doing premades by abusing game mechanics this deserves deserve a soft ban. Solved

And you can't be in the same BG 90% of the time with 5 split tag, you can't know how is the current BG filled with players.

So you want to deny players the ability to queue with more than 2 friends in a mmorpg for team based PvP which worked like that since BGs even existed in the game ? Correct me if I misunderstood.

I guess we would still have cat videos at least. You know like that one with the no no no cat ?

How do you detect a premade, in a logical, proof-based sense? That they are working together? I know it is obvious to see, but obvious to prove is a complete other story. 

If we go along your hypothetical of not allowing players to queue with a certain amount of people, how would we know if they aren't?

BG issues since 1982. No one cares about it!

If people cared it would have been fixed lul

7 hours ago, Slicy said:

So you want to deny players the ability to queue with more than 2 friends in a mmorpg for team based PvP which worked like that since BGs even existed in the game ? Correct me if I misunderstood.

I guess we would still have cat videos at least. You know like that one with the no no no cat ?

You'r 100% right. 

Tell me if i'm wrong but league of legend is team based game and for the most part i was playing the main bracket was "soloqueue" and the max party you can do before queue was 2. Still the most played team based PvP game right ?

Overwatch premade face other premades, its a FPS that's different but you see again no way to fuck the game, same for CS:GO  ... All team based PvP Game have a matchmaking or restriction because now videos games are old and people know how to abuse it.

Back in 2006 "matchmaking" was not even a word, vanilla game designer could not do anything because the problem and the solution to this problem was never seen. 

And like you said, this is a MMORPG who came here for MLG Arathi ? For me it is much better a 2 friends restriction than no fun in battleground at all. I should do a strawpoll "Who take fun in battleground ?" The results would show us that we need a solution, if you have a better one that would be great.

6 hours ago, Shiamorah said:

How do you detect a premade, in a logical, proof-based sense? That they are working together? I know it is obvious to see, but obvious to prove is a complete other story. 

If we go along your hypothetical of not allowing players to queue with a certain amount of people, how would we know if they aren't?

To be honest i don't know, hope someone found a solution.

6 hours ago, Pipi said:

BG issues since 1982. No one cares about it!

If people cared it would have been fixed lul

Nost tried to implement a matchmaking, peoples care they just need to find a good way to fix that.

Edited by Noom

If all you want is "matchmaking", you're playing the wrong game / expansion. Rated BGs are not gonna be implemented here. There are plenty of more important other things to be worked on which get way higher priority than trying to experiment a rated matchmaking system in this version of the game.

Btw nothing prevents you from telling opposite faction to step it up, get a group going and you queue into each other. You usually get good games out of it and it's exactly what are looking for, team vs team, right ?

Piece of advice : refrain from using League of Keklords and Casualwatch as comparisons with an emulated 10+ years old mmorpg (yeah, you aren't playing a fps or moba right now in case you didn't notice).

3 minutes ago, Slicy said:

If all you want is "matchmaking"

On 17/03/2017 at 0:55 PM, Noom said:

The thing Nost did was bad because it allowed wintrading, u had infamous queue times, and chill premades of friends would just get rekt by tryharders premades because there is no MMR system and it ruins the fun for them . Just don't let people queue in a party with more than 3 players.

Noom, you are 100% correct. Unfortunately, both this forum and Ely reddit is mostly monitored by the same nolifers that form these premades. So this vocal minority will always dominate the vote.

On a personal note, i have zero fun when horde just AFK's against me. And all those alliance premades are also bored out of their mind all those games. The only "fun" they can have is against another premade of "top" horde players, but these "top" players are so terrible (lol, Crazyman-Sarahkerrigan-Laintime-Sksk, omg), that its basically the same as farming pugs.

On the other hand, pug vs pug games against horde are always entertaining and on the edge - if noone AFK's, ofc. Which, by the way, should also be bannable tbh. Or at least make them lose 10 g from their bags each time they get reported for AFK. That would instantly teach every slacker.

Edited by Arnak

Like how is this even a discussion? This is advertised as a BLIZZLIKE SERVER.

If you don't like one faction having an overwhelming advantage due to player skill, coordination, or mechanics: GO PLAY ON RETAIL.

I assure you that you'll have your hand held more than adequately, everything will be completely equal, and the BG's will be matchmade so that you win, on average, 50% of the games. Then everyone can be a winner.

Stop making these threads requesting change for things that don't serve your best interests. Crybabies.

On 17/3/2017 at 0:55 PM, Noom said:

I started battlegrounds like 3 days ago and i'm like WTF is happening ? This is not blizzlike at all.

Back in 2006, players didn't have the knowledge to do that, and if they did, this shit would have been taken care of by blizzard. I repeat this is not blizzlike.

Oh honey, they so did. They were called the High Warlord / Grand Marshal farming squads, they litteraly did nothing but PvP and switch up who got to be the top dog.
And It never got taken care of it, because there litteraly was NOTHING to be taken care of. If you want to have fun in BG's find yourself a group of people doing BG's, or hell even a guild, but stop calling BS on people who are just being smarter, about this game, than you are.

And I'll just add that back in retail Vanilla days, people win-traded across Battlegroups (yes, people on different realms in the same battlegroup). It wasn't uncommon for there to be corruption, win squads, win trading, and other bullcrap going on during Vanilla retail.

The GM's here have kept a hand on the dodging and win-trading. So really, the situation is better here than it was back in the day.

On 17. 3. 2017 at 0:55 PM, Noom said:

This is not blizzlike at all.

You have NO idea what ranking in vanilla was like! You are liar and dont try to say you are not since your post proves you never ranked in vanilla past rank 10. Sylvanas server where i played and ranked in vanilla had fight among rankers who were breaking caps and pushing people to play for obscene ammount of time and didnt go to sleep on wednesday morning in fear some fucker would keep playing and break honor caps.

Here? we have nice google docs with people updating their honor and ranks and everything goes smooth as long as you teamplay. Unfortunately it wasnt like that on my server and every week we had some people who either didnt understand or just started pvping push caps that even at 1am wednesday we had to form premade to further farm honor when we found someone got ahead.

While i know people ranking here they can reach honor caps in 5 days and have 2 days to raid or farm consumables.

Oh and one more thing "players didn't have the knowledge to do that"? WRONG. People knew exactly how honor worked and premades were made for ranking even before patch 1.5. to compete against other premades in open world usually tarren mill every day of the week.

So what you are all saying is Elysium is same as retail back in 2006 ? So i forget about the 95% Alliance premade, 2 min 5 bases run. Yes retail had premade but it was not a problem because it was not 95% of the battleground. Not the same community.

"skill, coordination, or mechanics" brb record some premade gameplay "insert kappa here"

Just now, Noom said:

So what you are all saying is Elysium is same as retail back in 2006 ? So i forget about the 95% Alliance premade, 2 min 5 bases run. Yes retail had premade but it was not a problem because it was not 95% of the battleground. Not the same community.

"skill, coordination, or mechanics" brb record some premade gameplay "insert kappa here"

Horde player? Not in premade? Dont have discord?

Solution = get on discord, join horde premade, meet alliance premade (some of them are really shit and just random players queueing not even 100% mounts and consums :D ) and win.

If you queue alone as alliance you might be surprised you will meet horde premades also.