Shenna

A Great Step For Mutual Development

tidestone.jpg

Dear Community,

Today, we are announcing some unexpected, but very exciting news. 

The talented people over at Tidestone will be joining the Elysium development team! This additional support will assist in improving coding quality, expediting future work on Elysium, and strengthening our team as a whole. All of this will help to ensure a high quality experience for our loyal players. 

You can read their announcement here: http://www.tidestone.org

Overall, this is a great step in the right direction for the Legacy movement. We’re very pleased to see more and more of  the talented and dedicated people in this community, step up and support the idea of mutual development.

We can’t wait to begin working with Tidestone! Welcome aboard Duks & his team!

Sincerely,
Elysium Staff

who the hell are tidestone never seen them before cant even find anything about them on google .

Bigger news imo whats going on with war eff  numbers i mean it cant take that long to lower them if u guys are even going to lower at all.

26 minutes ago, Xylon666Darkstar said:

More individuals to suck up them gold to cash profits/donations towards dev pockets.

When will warlock T2 head be fixed on Elysium? x1 month and counting.

I'm here to help with the fixes. I'll take a look at that issue later today. As-well as far as I know no one is profiting off of Elysium other than the players.

Edited by Duks

Dear TideStone Community, 

The past month has been amazing with the support and dedication we’ve seen since we started our project. Over the past few days we’ve been in touch with the Elysium project regarding a potential merger. And as a result of those conversations we’ve made the decision to join them.

We have many reasons for doing this, the biggest reason being is the private server community has been fragmented on hundreds of separate projects for years and to build a quality community and server it is better to consolidate and build on what’s already been established instead of starting out on our own.

Our projects ideals mirror the project ideals that Shenna and Elysium has started and we appreciate the opportunity to be a part of something great. We will be closing the TideStone.org domain and focusing our development on the Open-Source project as-well consistently improving the stability and quality of the servers on the Elysium Project. 

We understand not everyone will be excited about the prospects of this and we hope that you understand that we stand united with our friends and fellow programmers. We have the knowledge and appreciation for what those who spend their free time to create something the public enjoys and takes for granted. We get the “your server wouldn’t exist without us” sentiment but the reality is both sides need each other. It is a symbiotic relationship one that requires both sides to come together to prosper. 

I look forward to continuing to serve the community on Elysium and would hope that you would join us too.

Duks
Project Manager
Tidestone.org

Well... THIS, my folks, deserves a fucking /bow.

However, one question there... "his team". What team? We have been introduced just one guy and server he has been working on was just in announcements. Server has history of 18 days... literally. (http://www.ac-web.org/forums/showthread.php?226422-Tidestone-Progressive-Vanilla).

Further more, if you click on "forum" on Tidestone.org - you got redirected to the announcement. Same with all the links on the site. We really can't see much from where Duks came and what's he bringing to table.

EDIT: Their discord will answer you all questions. Quite lot of ppl there and big chunk of those ppl are "colored in staff colors".

Welcome aboard, good to have you.

Edited by Owondyah

22 minutes ago, Owondyah said:

Well... THIS, my folks, deserves a ваууing /bow.

However, one question there... "his team". What team? We have been introduced just one guy and server he has been working on was just in announcements. Server has history of 18 days... literally. (http://www.ac-web.org/forums/showthread.php?226422-Tidestone-Progressive-Vanilla).

Further more, if you click on "forum" on Tidestone.org - you got redirected to the announcement. Same with all the links on the site. We really can't see much from where Duks came and what's he bringing to table.

EDIT: Their discord will answer you all questions. Quite lot of ppl there and big chunk of those ppl are "colored in staff colors".

Welcome aboard, good to have you.

Our server had a public history of 18 days, myself and the developer team associated have been working on Vanilla for a while as a hobby project. We just decided to go public about it 18 days ago.

yea... my apologies

I did more investigation and REALIZED you guys are huge thing for Elysium.

You said this on discord even before we knew you guys are coming:

"I'd rather have our team focus on making emulation has a whole better than consistantly trashing each other because of the server we work on. Current staff please reach out to me. There will be an onboarding for anyone that wants to be a part of the Elysium staff."

/hats_down

Thanks for bringing your expertise and skillful team to help community in general! 

Dear Shenna & Co,

I hope, I sincerely do, that you have informed Elysiums newest comrades in development, that the community is absolutely ruthless. I hope that you have told them that a reasonably thick skin will be required and perhaps refraining from going to the Elysium Reddit page for a while.

They need to know that they are being dropped into the deep end, but that there is an overwhelmingly awesome goal for them to work towards.

Work together, be transparent in what you need from them. Make sure they understand that the silent majority are literally online. It is that majority that they will be creating the content for.

Stay as true as you can to the philosophy of old Nostalrius, before the shutdown, and help them to help you deliver to the players on Elysium, and indeed the whole vanilla community, the vanilla experience that everyone so badly deserves.

@Tidestone, welcome! There are a fair few issues that are in need of resolving. There is a lot of work to be done and I am grateful that you are willing to come on board and assist with this out of your own free time. I hope your involvement with Elysium will help stabalise the server and allow it to grow. Good luck!

13 minutes ago, Duks said:

Our server had a public history of 18 days, myself and the developer team associated have been working on Vanilla for a while as a hobby project. We just decided to go public about it 18 days ago.

Welcome to the server @Duks. You will have to probably grow a thick skin very fast because these attacks and investigations are normal here. Peoples feeling to this server are very personal and think screening people who are behind development is ok..

10 minutes ago, Shayss said:

Dear Shenna & Co,

I hope, I sincerely do, that you have informed Elysiums newest comrades in development, that the community is absolutely ruthless. I hope that you have told them that a reasonably thick skin will be required and perhaps refraining from going to the Elysium Reddit page for a while.

They need to know that they are being dropped into the deep end, but that there is an overwhelmingly awesome goal for them to work towards.

Work together, be transparent in what you need from them. Make sure they understand that the silent majority are literally online. It is that majority that they will be creating the content for.

Stay as true as you can to the philosophy of old Nostalrius, before the shutdown, and help them to help you deliver to the players on Elysium, and indeed the whole vanilla community, the vanilla experience that everyone so badly deserves.

@Tidestone, welcome! There are a fair few issues that are in need of resolving. There is a lot of work to be done and I am grateful that you are willing to come on board and assist with this out of your own free time. I hope your involvement with Elysium will help stabalise the server and allow it to grow. Good luck!

I appreciate you taking the time to post here, posts like this is why I work on a public facing project. We are so happy to be on board and will work to meet or exceed expectations.

What is this t2 warlock helm bug everyone keeps talking about?

Anyway the more devs the better. And since you're here: Can you make it so tailors can pick up the Felcloth Bag 24 slot soulshard bag from jandice barov in scholo? The 1.9 patch notes said it would be in the game but you can't interact with the object to get the recipe.

If u dont mind me asking how far did u get in to scripting in terms of working dungeons/skills on your server and what did u your self handle or over see

@Duks Welcome to our great community! As of late its hard to find positivity within the servers. With the constant loss of developers and staff members its great to see we have new people to step up. A well known staff member @Pottu recently resigned. It is known and admitted by Elysium staff that Pottu gave extremely harsh bans for questionable acts. I ask you as a favor to unban the legendary Nostalrius paladin Matt. Matt was unreasonably banned for making a simple mom joke. Matt is a cornerstone and treasured idol of this community. Even now he continues to play and entertain hundreds of players on Anathema on a different account. Please unban Matt.