Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Shedur

Herb Respawn Changes

Recommended Posts

Hey guys, I want to ask the community for it's opinion about the recent changes on herb respawn times.

Before the change I got around 3-4 stacks dreamfoil and 1 or maybe 2 lotus from 2-3 hrs farming in burning steppes.

After the change I got around 10-11 stacks dreamfoil and 2-3 lotus in 3 hrs farming. The whole area is crowded with ppl now what i think is good but i'm not sure about the long term impact of that. The prices will probably drop to the bottom because one single person can farm the consumable mats for an entire raid in one night. This doesn't feels right. I think it's okay for a 12k pop like it was on old nost but not for 6-7k.

I suggest to decrease the respawns again to a normal level.

How do you guys think about it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it made getting herbs reasonable for the amount of raiding population we have. It costed around as much as an epic mount to get your MT and ONLY your MT flasked for a week or raiding on Anathema.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Drakbak said:

So you stocked up and now want the prices to return so you can gouge people again, right?

LOL for the 11 stacks dreamfoil? Yeah i will make tons of gold with that...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Shedur said:

LOL for the 11 stacks dreamfoil? Yeah i will make tons of gold with that...

Was meant more as a joke.  Honestly, the change hasn't been in place long enough to see how the economy responds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yea, it's a pretty bad change. There was nothing wrong with the old system, the dynamic spawn rate scaled herbs up to blizzlike levels corresponding to the pop. If everyone felt entitled to chug every high level consumable in the game back then as now, the prices would be just as high. 

When different quality of life changes occured to retail over the years, they were applauded too, just like the masses of noobs are welcoming this change. Ultimately though, the people had no idea what they actually wanted, and the game was ruined in the end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Hellomane said:

Yea, it's a pretty bad change. There was nothing wrong with the old system, the dynamic spawn rate scaled herbs up to blizzlike levels corresponding to the pop. If everyone felt entitled to chug every high level consumable in the game back then as now, the prices would be just as high. 

When different quality of life changes occured to retail over the years, they were applauded too, just like the masses of noobs are welcoming this change. Ultimately though, the people had no idea what they actually wanted, and the game was ruined in the end.

Exactly. My english is too bad too find the right words, you said it well.

For me personaly it feels kinda like a fun server when i pick up 2 dreamfoils at one spot where 3 can spawn, then mount up and after i start running they respawn on the exact same position. This happened many times today and last night, almost every spot where a herb can spawn is one now, this was veeeery rare before. If this change was only made because of the outcry of ppl that don't want to spend farming their consumables, why don't the admins just add black lotus or even better, the crafted flasks into the inventory of every player? I ask myself why ppl play vanilla and not retail when it's too much time consuming.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh no! noobs are going to flask for BWL/MC the server is ruined!!!

Anyway I'm sure the staff is probably just going to wait and see how this affects the herb economy.  There's probably some sort of equilibrium point that they are aiming to hit with the herb market.  If the prices tank too low then they will reduce the spawn rates, then if they go too high they will adjust it accordingly.  

Eventually it should reach a healthy balance, I'd say like 70-90g per lotus / 20-30g per dreamfoil/gromsblood/plaguebloom stack would be reasonable prices for the server IMO. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shedur said:

 The prices will probably drop to the bottom because one single person can farm the consumable mats for an entire raid in one night. This doesn't feels right.

Is that the main reason you think the change should be reverted? I doesn't feel right and you want to make more gold?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Banezilla said:

Is that the main reason you think the change should be reverted? I doesn't feel right and you want to make more gold?

No, the prices will drop but you find more herbs so i think in terms of profit there is not that big diffrence. My reason is that it doesn't feel Blizzlike with these ultra fast respawns, it's more like a fun server.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How is any private server even Blizzlike? They're all custom. The population isn't Blizzlike. We're progressing through content with 1.12 talents. Etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No it caters to everyone. I'm considered a hardcore raider and this change benefits me immensely. You think I WANT to ride around EPL and WPL for hours on end to just get one stack of plaguebloom?

I don't give a flying fuck what you consider blizzlike. As a person who actually played and herbed in vanilla retail for hundreds of hours, THE REASON IT WAS FUN IS YOU FOUND A SHITLOAD OF HERBS IN VANILLA RETAIL. So if anything this is far more blizzlike to actually find herbs fairly often, because I can tell you for a fucking fact that on the Kelthuzad launch server that had max pop and queues very often, you were able to find herbs constantly.

Shit if it was "blizzlike", then I would be 1 of 4 fucking herbers in the entire zone of Burning Steepes for half of the entire day, getting HALF of the black lotus spawns and stacks and stacks of dreamfoil.

You guys have no fucking idea what was blizzlike, because most of you crying about the change were barely out of diapers when vanilla retail was a thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Banezilla said:

How is any private server even Blizzlike? They're all custom. The population isn't Blizzlike. We're progressing through content with 1.12 talents. Etc.

I know that Private Servers will never be 100% Blizzlike but it's still the goal of them or am i wrong? The Herb respawns from Nost always felt Blizzlike for me propotional to the population. This isn't the case anymore. You can't compare the 1.12 talents with the herb respawns because it's a lot more difficult to change all the talents than a herb respawn timer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Haestingas said:

No it caters to everyone. I'm considered a hardcore raider and this change benefits me immensely. You think I WANT to ride around EPL and WPL for hours on end to just get one stack of plaguebloom?

I don't give a flying fuck what you consider blizzlike. As a person who actually played and herbed in vanilla retail for hundreds of hours, THE REASON IT WAS FUN IS YOU FOUND A SHITLOAD OF HERBS IN VANILLA RETAIL. So if anything this is far more blizzlike to actually find herbs fairly often, because I can tell you for a fucking fact that on the Kelthuzad launch server that had max pop and queues very often, you were able to find herbs constantly.

Shit if it was "blizzlike", then I would be 1 of 4 fucking herbers in the entire zone of Burning Steepes for half of the entire day, getting HALF of the black lotus spawns and stacks and stacks of dreamfoil.

You guys have no fucking idea what was blizzlike, because most of you crying about the change were barely out of diapers when vanilla retail was a thing.

who is crying? i asked for opinions... calm down your rage pls

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Shedur said:

who is crying? i asked for opinions... calm down your rage pls

You shared your opinion in a pretty clear and honest way and even gave examples and raised concerns. This person don't agree with you and have become triggered by your insult of expressing a different opinion than his own.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Right their goal is to be as close to Blizzlike as possible. The unBlizlike population should be addressed and the supply of herbs should be altered to meet the needs of the population. I remember seeing Elysium peak at 7k last week so the herbs should be 3-4x as plentiful as retail.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm excited to craft mana and health potions again!
Before the 6g worth of dream foil to make mana and health pots was not worth it. If the price of dreamfoil drops I can craft these. The cost of dreamfoil made other herbs that use it garbage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its only good.

 

Dreamfoil should be 20-40 s per 1 unit. 

Plague bloom should be 50s.

Black lotus should be 20g.

This would be nice.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Benass said:

Its only good.

 

Dreamfoil should be 20-40 s per 1 unit. 

Plague bloom should be 50s.

Black lotus should be 20g.

This would be nice.

 

lol 20g black lotus u gotta be kidding me. flask shouldnt be free

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, kegboy said:

lol 20g black lotus u gotta be kidding me. flask shouldnt be free

Free? You have to be trolling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Because flasking in vanilla wasn't meant for everyone. Content is already easy as fuck, if everybody is flasking, there is no point.
Also, Dreamfoils should be at 80s / 1g,  approx the same as gromsblood and plaguebloom. and lotus should be between 80g and 100g.

Flasking isn't meant for everyone

We are here for the vanilla experience. Don't forget about that please. If you wanna take the steps of retail wow, then yeah 20g a lotus is the way to go

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Ayeri said:

 lotus should be between 80g and 100g.

 

Is that how much a black lotus was during retail? I doubt it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×