Akira

Six Months Online — What a Long, Strange Trip It's Been!

Dear community,

6 months ago, the Elysium Project reopened the world's most successful World of Warcraft community to continue Nostalrius's work.
Together, we have kickstarted a community dedicated to restore World of Warcraft to its original glory, in reaction to Blizzard's stance on legacy servers.

On this occasion, we would like to thank our playerbase for contributing to the success of this project. The massive influx of new and dedicated players, who share the same passion and love for this game, has led to the opening of two additional fresh realms.
As a result, Elysium reached a population of more than 40 000 concurrent users at peak and over 1 million registered accounts, making it one of the biggest and fastest growing community projects ever!

We would also like to thank the many streamers, bloggers, journalists and news outlets who have assisted us on spreading our cause.

Over the course of the last months, we have established a professional team of 50 volunteers, from various social and ethnical backgrounds, who have decided to sacrifice their spare time to help and support our players, at all costs.
Elysium was established and is maintained by the work of such volunteers and will continue to do so in the future, in order to provide our players from all backgrounds an accessible, originial, as well as a fair and competitive experience.

We also want to thank the 40 open source contributors on their work on our emulator. Since Elysium went open source, the emulator has received hundreds of updates. On this occasion, we would like to invite skilled developers and knowledgable players to contribute to our open source repository at: https://github.com/elysium-project/server. Be it pushing a major fix or simply reporting a bug, any help is appreciated.

So what`s next?

We are still dedicated on releasing the most complete and authentic World of Warcraft experience and are keenly looking forward for the release of the Naxxramas raid on our oldest realm, Anathema, later this year.

As a final thought, we would like to thank you all very much for everyone's outstanding support and enthusiasm. See you in Azeroth!

sixmonths-03.jpg

Best regards,
Elysium Staff

Love you all so much for everything you do. I consider it since August on my first day. I always supported Elysium we have been through a lot with the server opening and closing but we persevered through it all and I'm so glad I stuck by the team!! It has been so rewarding!

1 minute ago, Jakira said:

What teaser? I didn't see anything?

The Dark Portal activated (changed it's color to green). Does it have anything in common with Legacy Crusade?

Thanks to the Elysium team for allowing us to play the game we all have been so passionate about for so many years. Its absolutely insane that I will see naxx for the first time in 12 years. ALSO ARE YOU SERIOUS WITH THAT DARK PORTAL TEASE?!?! IM SO HYPED RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can say that being a GM on this server has been the most absolute fun and best experience I have ever had in gaming. Thank you to all the players.

Anathema is going TBC after Naxx? 

Btw 3 days ago Elysium should get AV patch and Anathema should get 1.10....

Huge thanks to the team and contributors for bringing joy to 1 million people!

Thankfully if TBC releases it will be on a separate server, Vanilla will always be best version.

1 hour ago, Sulf said:

Anathema is going TBC after Naxx? 

Btw 3 days ago Elysium should get AV patch and Anathema should get 1.10....

Btw 2-3 months ago Darrowshire should've gotten Dark Iron Boots and def nerfs.

5 hours ago, woahwut said:

Thankfully if TBC releases it will be on a separate server, Vanilla will always be best version.

I suppose it's an obvious hint to Legacy Crusade and possible character transfers\copy from Elysium-Vanilla to LC-TBC.

Cheers guys and gals. It's still awesome fun. Special thanks to Nost. I do want to take this opportunity to thank Shenna for whatever you did to get us here. For good and for worse. Thank you all for having us. We do appreciate it.

16 hours ago, woahwut said:

Glad to see you being nice for a change ;)