Sign in to follow this  
problazer

How to save Anathema

I'm just gonna bite the bullet and reroll on Elysium. Level up casually, have a good time. Then 4-5 months down the line, and maybe, just maybe naxx gets released. We'll see where the server is at then. Cause all of these suggestions are clearly outlandish, and never gonna work unless the china guilds up and quit Anathema.

8 hours ago, Imbaslap said:

did anyone even play nost TBC during its PTR? or are you all in denial on the quality that it was back then? all mobs did 1 damage and floating in the air. it was literally stock CMangos tbc 2.4.3 with lots of DB stuff missing and who knows what else.. nothing worked.

it's discontinued and even if Elysium wanted to do TBC, they would need some big help in that scene (maybe another project with opensource like vengeance or something) that coincides with their structure.  since elysium vanilla is opensource, the most logical approach would be TBC opensource.. meaning working with CMangos devs in TBC.

there is no way in hell gummy will take the risk of "giving a free TBC core" to another project that could link it back to himself. considering the C&D he got handed in person.  at that point, you want nothing to do with wow emulation. anyone banking on elysium getting more freebies is delusional and should just stop talking. felmyst is dead and gummy is done with wow emu. stop expecting miracles and someone's hard work be given to a project as a freebie to save your dying realm.

as for TBC speculation:

i'd expect vengeancewow and elysium working together by having elysium run CMangos TBC and feeding the opensource community with commits. that is if Xsavior/killerwife even wants to see TBC CMangos thrive. atleast it will boost the quality a bit if a project is backing them up with a large playerbase and opensource contributers.  atleast then, elysium uses it's resources of hosting to run the server while giving back to the CMangos community.   i mean.. its not like anyone plays on vengeance wow or cares to with how it was run. (im sure elysium would fair better than Vengeancewow in regards to running a project, but that is my opinion)

Elysium provides the hosting while the opensource community thrives with commits. that way CMangos devs have 0 risk of C&D or getting gummy'd while seeing their work thrive.

Sure, Nost did have a TBC test server, but as they were still working on their code for AQ, they were too busy to think about TBC at the time. I dont think they made any statements that anything had even been touched on it.

I think everyone has entirely forgotten how bad the VoA dev team is...Elysium working with them is a terrible idea. 

It needs Elysium transfers but they done stomped their "NOPE" on it. They really don't care about Anathema in general. We have from the start just been their beta test realm. Recently we've had constant server crashes despite being far less populated than Elysium. It's obvious they're testing more stuff on us, like a lab rat.

Guys, I know how to save Anathema.  Instead of promoting the server and trying to divert new players to Anathema, instead we should raise the pop cap on Elysium so that new players can go there.

True. But seriously if you were teasing TBC in the last trailer... just announce it and ppl will roll on anathema

2 hours ago, Gardash said:

Guys, I know how to save Anathema.  Instead of promoting the server and trying to divert new players to Anathema, instead we should raise the pop cap on Elysium so that new players can go there.

This, what on earth where they thinking? It was the perfect opportunity to get new players on Darrowshire/Anathema without mergers or transfers and they didn't even consider it. We're really left to die out here.

8 hours ago, Horten said:

This, what on earth where they thinking? It was the perfect opportunity to get new players on Darrowshire/Anathema without mergers or transfers and they didn't even consider it. We're really left to die out here.

Yea really a pathetic move by the staff. It's becoming clear elysium is the only priority

On 7/24/2017 at 0:32 AM, Pest said:

I'm just gonna bite the bullet and reroll on Elysium. Level up casually, have a good time. Then 4-5 months down the line, and maybe, just maybe naxx gets released. We'll see where the server is at then. Cause all of these suggestions are clearly outlandish, and never gonna work unless the china guilds up and quit Anathema.

We're on target for a September release for Naxxramas. While the public PTR is currently down, we have our local servers where we are actively pushing fixes and debugging every day.

The sky is not falling for Anathema. Soon, every other server will be jealous of your t3 gear. 

1 hour ago, Pleasant said:

We're on target for a September release for Naxxramas. While the public PTR is currently down, we have our local servers where we are actively pushing fixes and debugging every day.

The sky is not falling for Anathema. Soon, every other server will be jealous of your t3 gear. 

Uh no they won't be jealous... this server is ridiculed for having a lower population... you guys teased TBC, if you have a distant plan announce it and ppl will roll on anathema unless you do some stupid shit like say we have to wait on your MC fresh fags to be done with Naxx. Simply put if you're teasing tbc... JUST ANNOUNCE IT

43 minutes ago, Ickus said:

Uh no they won't be jealous... this server is ridiculed for having a lower population... you guys teased TBC, if you have a distant plan announce it and ppl will roll on anathema unless you do some stupid shit like say we have to wait on your MC fresh fags to be done with Naxx. Simply put if you're teasing tbc... JUST ANNOUNCE IT

I'm not part of the Elysium Project leadership. I'm an active Anathema player (just like you supposedly) who is participating in the Naxxramas development and helped the AQ40 development prior.

Your vitriol can be targeted at someone else.

Really? You think that was harsh? Also didn't mean to direct that toward you. Believe me we're doing the same thing in my guild and being an open source contributor is appreciated. 

are you sure? I prefer have a lot of people in Anathema that this server has Naxxramax. When you connect to Anathema I haven't AV, any WG and AB... I try to go Scholo, Strat or DM and I wait 1 or 2 hours minimum... and the most of the time I can't do any duty... In anathema there are 1k people... jealous of us? I think that no... I have jealous of elysium's people because they can do Bgs and dutys without any problem and I don't go create another character in elysium only because in our server there aren't people. 

Naxxramas? When you can put naxxramax this server will have 600 peoples... first it most recommend is repair the server's status, you can't development nothing if there isn't people in the server... who will play it? the funny is you can play with another people... but every day there are less people... this is the most problem.

Listen to the community because people is who give life this project. 

Unfortunately they way it seems what will actually happen is anathema will simply be the extended beta test of naxx up to the point of where people have only a few guild options for naxx raiding (if that) at which point the server will be for all intents dead as there would be zero competitive raiding scene. It will languish in its state of too small to be useful but still part of the elysium group but too geared to be merged for some reason even though people would grumble but not care. Then a year down the road elysium people will happily get a bugless naxx and anathema simply won't exist. GG yeah so fun. Really fair to those of us who have been here since the beginning right?

Here's what should happen. Move anathema playerbase to elysium. At that point there's a few options:

Option 1: deal with the fact that we have better gear but know it wouldn't matter that much because there are so few of us anymore. Have a cutoff for people who logged within a certain time period or something so it limits the inactives. Whatever.

Option 2: Tell all anathema type people to bank all aq gear and to just deal with missing gear slots and let them equip it when aq patch gets released. I would be plenty happy to dust off older gear or simply go back to bwl to get some of the pieces I need. This would be a non issue and keep it fair for all. Any person caught with aq gear with a screenshot or whatever could get a perma ban. Or warning then ban. Whatever.

Option 3: Remove all aq gear from anathema players. This would keep it fair but would be very extreme. I don't think this is a good plan but it is an option. I'd rather have it and know my character actually has a future in an active server even though it would be very distasteful. 

Killerduki when are you going to realise that you personally are more toxic to this project than a hundred Thari curt remarks?

You are more rude, offensive, and obnoxious. And what is your justification for your hypocrisy? That you're not staff? That makes it okay, does it? No, sonny jim, it doesn't. If you want to apply a standard of behaviour to others, be damn sure it applies to yourself. Elysium staff are not paid to put up with your shit, in fact, they aren't paid at all and if you keep hounding and harassing and insulting, don't be so fucking surprised when you receive short shrift in return. 

On 7/24/2017 at 2:32 PM, Pest said:

And while I don't blame you for this decision, it's exactly this as a cascading choice that is affecting the situation on Anathema. It's like a house of cards when you pull out a card or two in the bottom row. And the thing is, this has nothing to do with the project management, content, or anything else, despite the self justifications and recriminations doing the rounds. It's simply a fact of the life cycle of WoW - players burn out or get tired of the content, and the demands of raiding, and decide to take a break or make a change and play something else. Those players leave holes in their guilds and raid teams, players are poached, and other raids fail to form. This in turn causes dissatisfaction, frustration, and a feeling of futility. It becomes a vicious circle, where every additional player that leaves makes the situation worse for those that remain. 

Now this is natural, and it's a phase. Competition for gamer interest is high, and not just within the pserver communities but across gaming as a whole. How many people will take a break to play Destiny 2? how many were going to give Felmyst a try? How many have been kicking around taking a break to play other games for a while? You can't force players to play, and the fact that they are tired, or burnt out, or just want to take a break is not something that reflects on the game or the server management. It just is. 

A lot of focus gets put on Chinese players, but fact is they are a solid core that are dedicated and won't stop playing the way US and EU players might. They have to use VPNs just to play at all - a privilege they do not take  lightly. They support the community and donate toward the upkeep of the servers just as much as the rest of the world so they have a right to play here and not be treated like second class citizens. 

So what can Elysium do, and what should they do? Well for a start, they shouldn't just change operations every time one group of players gets unhappy. What they should do is carefully consider the state of play on the server, and work to understand the reasons for changing demographics and population, and whether there is anything they can do that would really affect the situation positively, and whether that would just be an expensive short term gain. 

For instance, if we talk about allowing transfers one way from Elysium PvP to Anathema

1. How many players would take advantage of those transfers, and in what way, what levels, what goals

2. What would be the real net effect both a month from now, and towards the end of the year

3. How much work would need to be done to provide transfer ability (would it be done similar to Zeth'kur, as a manual process, wherein you cannot play your character until the transfer is complete and must be done by staff, or would they build a framework to provide transfer capability)

4. What are the possible complications both in the transfer, and in the impact the transfer has on both servers

If you're only going to get 500 people transferring to Anthema, it's just a shot in the arm. If transfers are players who want to level and play on a less populated server, it's not going to provide immediate relief to BG queues or raiding at end-game. On the other hand, if half the raiding guilds evacuate Elysium PVP for Anathema, that might simply move the problem from one realm to the other. 

There needs to be a convincing case that making that change, and the form it should be made in, makes sense from multiple perspectives. Not just from the perspective of the end-game raider on Anathema who is experiencing something that is ultimately part of the life cycle of content in WoW.

And as yet, no-one has made a convincing case for it.

6 hours ago, Stodola said:

Killerduki when are you going to realise that you personally are more toxic to this project than a hundred Thari curt remarks?

You are more rude, offensive, and obnoxious. And what is your justification for your hypocrisy? That you're not staff? That makes it okay, does it? No, sonny jim, it doesn't. If you want to apply a standard of behaviour to others, be damn sure it applies to yourself. Elysium staff are not paid to put up with your shit, in fact, they aren't paid at all and if you keep hounding and harassing and insulting, don't be so fucking surprised when you receive short shrift in return.

It's very nice to see how in a Topic about server you came out to talk about me instead and insulting me calling me "hypocrisy" , i remember in Nostalrius usually they were deleting offtopic discussions and they were sanctioning people for doing so.

Now while your point is valid , if you see the other side of the coin , then let me remind you that my "rude,offensive and obnoxious" never went against the server rules , while 100 other trolls did it very good and never got sanctioned.

Maybe you dislike the way i write, which i respect that,but as former staff talking something completely irrelevant is just what makes this project falling apart. Unfortunately you are one of the reasons why this project went disaster and it is very sad neither people nor you can see that.

Talking about my behavior , i suggest you to find out your own behavior first. Lucky you , the old Topic was removed which gave clean sight for everyone to see it.

Instead of saying thank you for suggesting something to get fixed which is a problem, you actually went blind eye with immaturity denying and calling me "You are more rude, offensive, and obnoxious".

Being incompetent is what leads this to disaster , especially by someone who have been part of the Staff.

/Kind regards Killerduki

On 25.7.2017 at 7:10 PM, Pleasant said:

It´s not about gear. These are just purple pixels. Those make people happy for a short amount of time. 

What people do need is interaction and having fun together on a well populated server. Nothing else matters.

At the moment Anathema is a wealthy but lonely grandmother in an epic retirement home.

Allow character transfers to Elysium for god´s sake!

597a06b918b8b_Anathema01.thumb.jpg.b69be61f2c12b7a911e4295605f67864.jpg

25 minutes ago, Zappa said:

It´s not about gear. These are just purple pixels. Those make people happy for a short amount of time. 

What people do need is interaction and having fun together on a well populated server. Nothing else matters.

At the moment Anathema is a wealthy but lonely grandmother in an epic retirement home.

Allow character transfers to Elysium for god´s sake!

597a06b918b8b_Anathema01.thumb.jpg.b69be61f2c12b7a911e4295605f67864.jpg

I for one will certainly quit Elysium WoW if we are forced to transfer to Elysium and lose all AQ gear. I am sure that most of the players raiding AQ feel the same.

30 minutes ago, Smiter said:

I for one will certainly quit Elysium WoW if we are forced to transfer to Elysium and lose all AQ gear. I am sure that most of the players raiding AQ feel the same.

I can feel you bro BUT...

i said ALLOW character transfers and your AQ gear could be frozen till patch comes out. No big deal.

So you could decide:

1. Stay on Anathema and enjoy your raids on an empty server

2. Play with your BWL gear on a populated server

the hype train never stops and the playerbase keeps jumping around ( thats ok)

new players dont join becouse of lack of activity on server 

and becouse of these private server shutdowns by blizard allegedly people dont feel that the server will be up long enough to enjoy the game

My advice is if you are unhappy with the server then just quit for a bit.  In ~8 months I’m sure the servers will be merged so just come back in 8 months.  It’ll be like when nost got shut down and we all had to leave our characters during the ~9 months between the shut down and Elysiums relaunch.  From the looks of it the staff has no plan for the near future. 

The only real thing that can save Anathema is getting more players.  Only way you can really do that is merging Elysium with Anathema which they don’t want to do, even though I don’t see that as a bad option. 

Thogrim, you need to understand the difference between lies and things that change. When Zeth closed, Anathema was still (and still is) a viable and enjoyable server. What you are complaining about is the result of players getting bored with the content, or just burned out, and that's always going to happen. 

Finally, there are not going to be transfers to Elysium, no matter how much you complain. You need to accept that, and stop dwelling on it, and figure out how to make the best of your situation. There is no room on the server, it already is over-populated, the core cannot handle that player base and that means caps and queue times, and you may say "I'd rather queue for an hour to get in than play on Anathema" but that doesn't justify forcing the existing population to endure queues so a small number of players from Anathema can change over. 

It's unlikely there will be transfers the other away from Elysium to Anathema unless there is solid that such transfers would be significant enough to warrant the work required to implement them, and that there would not be excessive negative effects for either server.