Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
creeps1

Wny put an invisible wall at alliance base in Warsong Gulch? 100% not blizzlike.

Recommended Posts

Warsong Gulch was perfect and remained untouched by Nostalrius staff and was fun and competitve during Anathema times. There are a lot of fun tricks you can do around the map, that which separates expirienced wsg players from newcomers. You can graveyard jump, get to unusual places, and you could run through alliance fence in two places. Thus giving  ally flag carrier more options to run away with flag from noob attackers (or giving advantage to horde attack if ally fc is noob), providing more tactical variety to the game which made it more fun overall.

As far as i know fence was passable through until 2.0 patch, and was changed only at Burning Crusade. 

We have low lvl quests removed from the game because of the early patches, fishing schools removed because prepatch, etc etc.

So why make this totaly unblizzlike change to Warsong Gulch?

This seems irrational to me. Please, bring old Warsong Gulch back!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Walking through the alliance fence is considered an exploit as it's only available to the female gender and specific race combinations like undead or human.

Doing the graveyard jump or any other of the "cool tricks" you mention is perfectly fine, and we do agree that these are rather used for tactical and player skill reasons.

They have to be within our rules however.

 

Unfortunately since it benefits only the players that were lucky enough to choose a race and gender combination that can pass through it, it is an exploit of game terrain and as such removed.

 

I will also remind you that our servers are aiming to be the most Blizzlike experience, not an exact copy of what Blizzard did or does.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Both human and undead are able to walk through, so both races have an advatage. Both alliance and horde characters can do this, both factions. So i don't see any exploits here. 

You see, vanilla is so great and fun because there a lot of tiny details in this game. A lot of hidden things that take years to explore.

Alliance fence is made of vines, so its absolutely RP that skinny undead and human females can dip through. 

If you will start to slowly put away that little details and make the game equal for everyone, then you re walking the exact path Blizzard did, and actualy made it into boring Legion.

Anathema online has decreased to 1400 from 4000 in less than 4 month., Elysium population is falling down (very slowly, i monitor it every day). I would strongly recommend Elysium staff to rethink the way they are changing the game.

P. S. I love the server and i want it to prosper, otherwise i would not post this. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Changes we made are not the reason that the population drops.

In fact, it actually keeps growing again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As someone who is finally done ranking and have put more the enough time into WSG both with the fence being jumpable and not, I find this change super weird and and questionable, yes its tired to race and gender, but alot of other jumps are aswell.

WSG was a good experience before the change and it gave a little more personality to the BG.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Gropy said:

As someone who is finally done ranking and have put more the enough time into WSG both with the fence being jumpable and not, I find this change super weird and and questionable, yes its tired to race and gender, but alot of other jumps are aswell.

WSG was a good experience before the change and it gave a little more personality to the BG.

 

Did you rank on horde or alliance side?
If alliance it already seems bias as the jumps are mostly needed for FCs to get away and lo and behold: nightelves can, tauren can not. Fehuman pala with femnelf druid are really hard to counter with this jumping. 1 race/gender combination that isnt particularly often seen, can come after them. Rest is stuck at the fence.

Is that why everybody and their mom roll femhumans?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Firebrand said:

And horde can still jump shortcut on av.. 

So? That's actually slower than coming across the bridge and going for the flag. Especially when you factor in the amount of elite mobs you generally aggro when using that short cut.

It's like me complaining that alliance jump over the fence at the horde base. Boo hoo, it's not making a major difference.

Also ANYONE can jump up that wall, it's not limited to certain classes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Thari said:

Walking through the alliance fence is considered an exploit as it's only available to the female gender and specific race combinations like undead or human.

Doing the graveyard jump or any other of the "cool tricks" you mention is perfectly fine, and we do agree that these are rather used for tactical and player skill reasons.

They have to be within our rules however.

 

Unfortunately since it benefits only the players that were lucky enough to choose a race and gender combination that can pass through it, it is an exploit of game terrain and as such removed.

 

I will also remind you that our servers are aiming to be the most Blizzlike experience, not an exact copy of what Blizzard did or does.

Did blizzard fix it during vanilla?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please show me one piece of evidence that it existed in vanilla WoW. I was actually pretty curious about this myself, since I knew (and still know) a pretty wide variety of jumps possible in WSG and never saw the fence thing before private servers. I searched pretty extensively and found nothing, but feel free to correct me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, creeps1 said:

 

Anathema online has decreased to 1400 from 4000 in less than 4 month., Elysium population is falling down (very slowly, i monitor it every day). I would strongly recommend Elysium staff to rethink the way they are changing the game.

 

i agree that there are some changes und rules which , i my opinion, are stupied.

But, decreasing pop is the result of lacks of endgame content / to ezy content. Almost every player knows the encounter, how to gear up , so we have zero progression on this server. 

I cleared AQ40 the second or third week after relase: so pve done.  Farming AQ once a week for 1-2 hours is rly silly.

PLaying PvP u say? There was no rdm pvp! Been farmed 99,9% by Alliance Groups made me quit PvP after Rang 7. And looking an the playerbase, i am not the only one, who sees no sense in beeing online.

i rly think, that the stadff does a great job. But , to be honest, vanilla is boring as fuck. I`ve recongniced it by know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nejiri said:

i agree that there are some changes und rules which , i my opinion, are stupied.

But, decreasing pop is the result of lacks of endgame content / to ezy content. Almost every player knows the encounter, how to gear up , so we have zero progression on this server. 

I cleared AQ40 the second or third week after relase: so pve done.  Farming AQ once a week for 1-2 hours is rly silly.

PLaying PvP u say? There was no rdm pvp! Been farmed 99,9% by Alliance Groups made me quit PvP after Rang 7. And looking an the playerbase, i am not the only one, who sees no sense in beeing online.

i rly think, that the stadff does a great job. But , to be honest, vanilla is boring as fuck. I`ve recongniced it by know.

 

If you're going to call something stupied, at least don't sound stupied yourself. Good grief! Is this what our public education system produces?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 stupid, not stupied....I guess u can diss me way better. Please try again.

But maybe u want to say something relevant  to the Topic, hmm?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/2/2017 at 2:04 AM, TTL said:

So? That's actually slower than coming across the bridge and going for the flag. Especially when you factor in the amount of elite mobs you generally aggro when using that short cut.

It's like me complaining that alliance jump over the fence at the horde base. Boo hoo, it's not making a major difference.

Also ANYONE can jump up that wall, it's not limited to certain classes.

You talking about the horde jumping straight to our flag in the back of the alliance base?  What elite mobs?  You mean the flag defenders that I've seen a rogue solo? LOL!  They don't even have to worry about our bunkers while alliance gotta fight the towers in the horde base.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How is it a problem to fix genuine bugs and errors in the game? Especially exploits i.e. bugs that give you an advantage in playing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

male tauren have the biggest model-box, which allows some jumps to be easier or even possible. a tauren can for example jump onto the building in the middle of blackrock mountain, which other races can't.

female undeads have a much harder time doing walljumps like in dire maul west before the hunter boss. and yeah, they can walk through the fence in wsg.

the fence is fixed on retail, they did that with the overhaul of wsg in cataclysm, where they fixed some other things like the graveyards, too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RadiantRay said:

You talking about the horde jumping straight to our flag in the back of the alliance base?  What elite mobs?  You mean the flag defenders that I've seen a rogue solo? LOL!  They don't even have to worry about our bunkers while alliance gotta fight the towers in the horde base.

 

Get educated on the matter before you chime in, you're only making a fool of yourself.

Stable Master
Explosive Expert are just two of many.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, TTL said:

Get educated on the matter before you chime in, you're only making a fool of yourself.

Stable Master
Explosive Expert are just two of many.

Which 2 people can tank while the rest just go through.

Horde has the easiest av way, wonder why are they on such denial.. every horde really thinks "oh god we are so good we win 90% of av's while having the worst way to rush".

 

Delusional 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mahtan said:

the fence is fixed on retail, they did that with the overhaul of wsg in cataclysm, where they fixed some other things like the graveyards, too.

If it wasn't fixed until Cataclysm on retail WoW, the team here shouldn't touch it. Assuming they want that "blizzlike" experience. They need to stop cherry picking shit like this. It needs to be all or none.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Software said:

If it wasn't fixed until Cataclysm on retail WoW, the team here shouldn't touch it. Assuming they want that "blizzlike" experience. They need to stop cherry picking shit like this. It needs to be all or none.

You should go make your own server.  Then, you get to decide things.

 

Here in the real world, snowflake, no one cares about your opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Carns said:

You should go make your own server.  Then, you get to decide things.

 

Here in the real world, snowflake, no one cares about your opinion.

You sound like you belong on the retail forums with a post like that, pal. You've added nothing to this thread. Go away, turd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Noggenfogger and the World Enlarger should shrink the character box, so that you can pass the fence with any race btw.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×