Shedur

Upgraded Blue PvP Set on Elysium

33 minutes ago, donkey said:

Can you even cite the exact changes they made to the system on Nostalrius? I bet you can't.

If you can, and had actually played PVP (not raidlog PVE) during that 8-9 month period where they fucked the queue system up (something they reversed towards the end of the server's lifetime since they realized it was an awful decision, however the damage was already dealt) you wouldn't be spouting this garbage. 

It sure as shit didn't make the PVP grind easier for 'casuals' when the higher bracket caps were 1mil+ on Alliance where everyone got to play premade v pug all day everyday (due to the skewed premade v premade priority system which benefited the faction which had less people overall queuing, Alliance in this case) - whereas on Horde you had to solo queue/small group and play 20 hours a day to compete with the VPN-equipped individuals who accountshared and played several shifts.

As far as I remember, they implemented the updated versions of the rank 7,8 and 10 sets, along with the epic shoulder/weapon rewards from Arathi Basin rep (Defilers/Arathor). I do not remember if at the time they did update the epic rank items, but then again this isn't what the people are requesting.

Your complain seems to focus on the queue system, rather than the items itself, so your response seems to have little to do with what I said. When they implemented the items most higher ranks blew up in anger, but in the end it didn't change much. The gear gap with raid epics was still large, yet the blue items did not impact PVE content at all.

43 minutes ago, Dralek said:

As far as I remember, they implemented the updated versions of the rank 7,8 and 10 sets, along with the epic shoulder/weapon rewards from Arathi Basin rep (Defilers/Arathor). I do not remember if at the time they did update the epic rank items, but then again this isn't what the people are requesting.

Your complain seems to focus on the queue system, rather than the items itself, so your response seems to have little to do with what I said. When they implemented the items most higher ranks blew up in anger, but in the end it didn't change much. The gear gap with raid epics was still large, yet the blue items did not impact PVE content at all.

The change in itself is fine, with the queue changes it'd be a disaster.

4 minutes ago, donkey said:

The change in itself is fine, with the queue changes it'd be a disaster.

I understand, and in fact agree with that. But that isn't what people are asking on this thread. I think they merely want the blue items to be upgraded.

On 9/5/2017 at 11:13 PM, Hurricane2 said:

While I agree that it would be nice to have some decent rewards for PvP you can still PvP with no rewards and have fun.  I still have fun playing BF1942 after 15 years and there's no rewards or progression.

Sure, and you could PvE just for fun, without any rewards too. People have spent months of no-life grinding 40-60 hours per week and in result get a sub-par even to t1 gear. And what sense does it make to upgrade only weapons and not the sets?

On 9/4/2017 at 1:07 PM, Jazzwah said:

imo the best solution would be to upgrade the blue set with ZG patch, and purple with AQ

Then r10 PvP gear will be better than r13 one. Fun part is that ZG rares will be on par or even better than r13 epics. This is ridiculous.

MC is farmed even with pugs ATM, to say nothing of guilds. So if a fresh-60 joins a guild that already farms BWL and doesn't need t1 sets, this fresh guy can get a superior set of gear in 2-4 weeks, spending 2-8 hours in total. How fair is it?

29 minutes ago, Tribe2 said:

Still no acknowledgement of this issue :(

Just because you are a rank 14 premade farmer doesn't mean this is an issue to everybody.

At this point you really have to ask yourself if the devs even want to keep their servers as lively or just want to cut their pop in half.. ignoring a change that is heavily demanded and requested by the majority of players while also being absolutly reasonable in order to increase the acitivity in a huge aspect of the game ( being PvP ) and instead killing this activity and lowering the reward/time and effort ratio even more with an absolutly retarded change that goes against the whole reason why ppl play WoW vanilla, which is to interact/communicate with other players to achieve high end gear ( being the change in killing prem's in PvP ). Now you can't play with other ppl you like anymore and try to compete with other organized groups but instead can sit in BG's with 90% being afk chinese that play 24/7 making it impossible to achieve a rank higher than maybe 11 without also playing 24/7.. good job Elysium for fucking this up and making us waste a couple of weeks before realizing this change is absolutely retarded and returning back to its original state *thumbs up*

2 hours ago, Sabre said:

Just because you are a rank 14 premade farmer doesn't mean this is an issue to everybody.

I'm not though?

If you had anything but dust between your ears you'd see how this is an issue as well. With this change (after previously stating "we'll update pvp gear 2 weeks after AQ40 launch") hundreds of people have ranked under false pretenses on the assumption that Elysium would update the gear when they specified before launch.

The rank 13 gear for any class is worthless compared to anything past AQ patch, that's why Nostalrius made the decision to update the pvp gear with ZG as anything other than that would severely hinder pvp activity. Nostalrius got a lot wrong, but in this situation they were correct to do so. Why would you put 1200 hours into a grind when there's better gear on offer from raids?

As a result, you end up with a very limited number of classes who need to rank, the weapons are still bis in pve until kt for warriors/rogues, so you end up with the situation where every warrior and rogue wants r14 and nobody else wants to push at all.

Premade pvp is the only pvp in vanilla that means anything, I'm sorry but I guess you're one of the people who is for the "limit battleground queues because I get stomped all the time and it's not fair" change.

Please stop, your kind are destroying this server.

also, 1200 hours?

16 hours a day for 6 days per week = 96 hours a week
You need 12 weeks of pure Bracket 1 RP (13000 a week) to reach r14
That's a minimum of 1152 hours required to reach rank 14.

Also, 16 hours a day 6 days a week is only without honour war, if there's bracket war and no stacking it'll take considerably longer and the 12 week grind to reach rank 14.

I didn't pull that number out of my arse, I worked it out as you can see.

Everything you just said is incorrect, and I'll explain why.

I'm sorry, I should have been more specific, premade vs premade pvp is the only relevant pvp in Vanilla. It's great, and shouldn't be messed with.

The foul play/account sharing element is only prominent within the Chinese farmers, this change will only benefit them. The reason the change to queues will benefit honour farmers/account sellers is quite simply because their premades aren't as dominant or strong. I had a premade running all wsg weekend and we lost 2 games in total as Horde. I'm not going to sit here and tell you how amazing we are at the game, because we're not, but almost every game over the weekend was premade vs premade and it was excellent fun and great competition.

The same premades that we were farming, the Chinese premades lose to. The only reason they keep up in honour is because they have 3+ people playing the same account 24 hours a day and they have marks stacked up to oblivion since Elysium haven't yet fixed marks that don't expire in the mail. This premade queueing change will increase the rewards of being online 24/7 compared to playing in a strong team and winning all your games. It's a terrible idea, because no way can 3 people and 7 pugs be as effective as a 10man group (or 15 for AB). Efficiency and a high honour per hour rate is where the European/NA premades make up for the 24/7 uptime of the Chinese farmers. This change will directly play into their hands.

It also makes it easier for alliance to premade (because they get instant queues and can more effectively countdown queue due to the smaller playerpool).

27 minutes ago, Sabre said:

The difference is PvP gear is guaranteed, while you might never see a specific item drop in a raid... ever.

You serious ? Get real bro.. You have to invest way less time via raids to obtain gear in comparison to the time you need to grind pvp to get gear and that pvp gear even sucks then.. Look at the ppl that stomp you in BG's, they are fully raid geared.. not even PvP geared. You see how ironic that is? In order to shine in PvP you only need a guild that maybe even carries you through their raids without any commitment from your side. That won't happen in a high end pvp premade. If you suck and don't show commitment and skill while fighting other premades you will be swapped out.

20 minutes ago, Sabre said:

Also destroying premades entirely screws over chinese who want to sell rank 14 characters.

You are wrong. The only ppl who will now be able to grind their way to r14 are the chinese afk players that play 24/7 and accountshare etc.. The only persons that profit from this change is them!

Better fire up those VPNs if you want to beat the nihao menace boys :------D

Also that Sabre guy is either a troll or legit 65 IQ subhuman toad.

If they upgrade the pvp gear, less people will buy the raid drops from raid bosses from GMs to make it drop. People will just pvp. Business is business. 

21 hours ago, Tribe2 said:

Premade pvp is the only pvp in vanilla that means anything, I'm sorry but I guess you're one of the people who is for the "limit battleground queues because I get stomped all the time and it's not fair" change.

Please stop, your kind are destroying this server.

also, 1200 hours?

16 hours a day for 6 days per week = 96 hours a week
You need 12 weeks of pure Bracket 1 RP (13000 a week) to reach r14
That's a minimum of 1152 hours required to reach rank 14.

Also, 16 hours a day 6 days a week is only without honour war, if there's bracket war and no stacking it'll take considerably longer and the 12 week grind to reach rank 14.

I didn't pull that number out of my arse, I worked it out as you can see.

i remember some hardcore pvp peepz on ely stating they were done with their hp on sat/sun. that was in the early months of the server. dunno if they played 16h / day. 

4 hours ago, flowqz said:

i remember some hardcore pvp peepz on ely stating they were done with their hp on sat/sun. that was in the early months of the server. dunno if they played 16h / day. 

I was one of them, we were done usually on Sundays.

17 hours ago, Tribe2 said:

I was one of them, we were done usually on Sundays.

so its 5days. did u play 16h / day?

2 hours ago, flowqz said:

so its 5days. did u play 16h / day?

Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday.

Is that 5?

38 minutes ago, donkey said:

Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday.

Is that 5?

Honor reset is on Wednesday.

I think he means Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday.

1 hour ago, Ragingducks said:

Honor reset is on Wednesday.

I think he means Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday.

o right, alliance never plays monday

Yeah those darn GMs were so deceptive and unclear about this issue. It's only in the official timeline of the server since day 1, damit how unclear. It's not like they commented on an earlier thread that's identical to this cryfest saying they are sticking to the timeline. Man they must not care about you guys at all, because they don't respond to the same crying 1 month later.

On 9/12/2017 at 4:19 PM, Sabre said:

that's a number pulled out of your ass

Let's see

I spent about 15 hours per day from the very start cause I ranked with the tide from day one. Eventually I started getting the last day off when premade was established and doing well.

The journey took me exactly 3 months (again, cause I ranked day 1. Nowadays it's closer to 4). To keep it simple let's just assume 6 days a week.

That's 810 hours. I'm assuming it's a lot more for people who start ranking now rather than earlier.

To put this into perspective, let's see how those 800 hours do for you when raiding. Assuming you raid twice a week for 4 hours each time, and spend 3 farming gold for consumables each week for about 100g, this means 115 raid weeks are an equivalent time investment to ranking to r14 (if you ranked fast).

In other words, you can kill nef 115 times, rag 115 times, ony 115 times in the same time it takes you to rank to r14.

How many times have the people who are raid BiS on elysium right now killed these bosses? Less than that, because that's nearly 3 years worth of raiding. It takes an equivalent time investment to 3 YEARS WORTH OF RAIDING to get r14.

From a time investment perspective you'd have to be an absolute retard to claim that ranking is easier than raiding. Let's also please think about the fact that you're forced to put in those hours on weekdays and aren't agreeable with a job. With my countries minimum wage in mind, I would've been able to make 20k USD with the time I spent ranking. Meanwhile you can have a job and raid easily.

16 hours ago, Haestingas said:

Yeah those darn GMs were so deceptive and unclear about this issue. It's only in the official timeline of the server since day 1, damit how unclear. It's not like they commented on an earlier thread that's identical to this cryfest saying they are sticking to the timeline. Man they must not care about you guys at all, because they don't respond to the same crying 1 month later.

You do realize the original statement was AQ right?

I wanted to touch on a few points that I don't believe have been brought up that are important.

1. ZG - > AQ Timeline - 6 Months and BWL - > AQ 8 Months.

We are 7 weeks into BWL at this point and I have seen in my guild a decline in activity. I have seen a few people starting alts, but overall a decrease in online time. I think that because the time from ZG to AQ will be such a content drought, updating the PvP gear will help the community by giving new goals to people.

2. Seeing the Premade changes on Anathema is bringing some light to underlying issues about PvP. Without any incentive, I believe only the truly dedicated PvPers are constantly playing. I can see the average playing being turned off by getting crushed over and over by premades, but I do not think disbanding premades is the solution. Giving gear incentives will increase the overall BG population, this will lower the chance for Pugs to face premades which is what the developers want without destroying the PvP community. (Case Study Nostralus Premade Breaker Change -- Reverted after 2 Weeks)

3. Economy Boost! - Overall the trades economy will benefit from the PvP Gear Upgrades, New gear to enchant, more consumables sold, more herbs picked. Anyone who has been in a serious premade knows that consumables gives you an edge in battlegrounds, this change would even help players who are not interested in PvPing by filling their pockets!