Sign in to follow this  
thepparker

Development Update 30.08.2017

dev-update30082017.jpg

General

• Online players will now gain rested experience inside cities and inns
  • Creatures will no longer appear smaller than they should, eg. Dragons of Nightmare, Molten Core trash, etc.

Events

• The Dragons of Nightmare event has been reworked
    • Dragons will no longer spawn with incorrect abilities
    • Dragons will now spawn within the proper window, 4-7 days after the last dragon was killed
    • Dragon locations should be properly randomized once more

Dungeons

• Blackrock Depths
    • Emperor Dagran Thaurissan has built a better rapport with his court, and they will now come to his aid after combat has begun
  • The Deadmines
    • Edwin Van'Cleef has learnt some new lines of speech
  • Wailing Caverns
    • Bosses now play an associated sound effect when they are engaged
    • Naralex will now yell when he awakens

Raids

• The Temple of Ahn'Qiraj
    • Huhuran now randomly targets players for Noxious Poison rather than only casting it on the highest aggro target
  • Azuregos
    • Azuregos' Cleave now only hits one additional player, rather than chaining to nine players
  • Upper Blackrock Spire
    • The Father Flame event now has correct spawn points for Rookery Hatchers and Solakar Flamewreath
    • The first Rookery Hatcher now has speech when the event starts
  • Blackwing Lair
    • Blackwing Technicians will now behave more consistently with regards to aggro and player death

PVP

• It is no longer possible to miss melee attacks against sitting targets
  • A message is now correctly sent to all group members when a group queues for a Battleground
  • Using the /who command inside a Battleground will now only show a list of players inside that Battleground
  • The Warsong Gulch flag respawn time should now be more consistent after being captured

Classes

• Hunter
    • Pets with stacking abilities now continue to use their spells at max stacks in order to maintain debuffs rather than letting them fall off before casting again
    • Pets with the 'Screech' ability now correctly generate aggro
    • Pets can no longer be instantly dismissed using script functions
  • Paladin
    • Multiple ranks of the same Judgement can no longer be stacked on a single target
    • Judgement of Command now scales base damage depending on whether the target is stunned rather than scaling the bonus damage
    • Judgement of Righteousness now scales at 50% spell power bonus
  • Warlock
    • Healthstones can no longer be created if the player has a full inventory
  • Warrior
    • Flurry ranks one to four will no longer trigger on ranged attacks

Quests

• Corrected the level requirement for Cuergo's Gold to level 40
  • The Torch of Retribution will now spawn for players again upon accepting the final quest in case they missed it at the first opportunity
  • Quest rewards will no longer sometimes appear twice in a player's chat log
  • The 'Seeking Spiritual Aid' quest and associated event has been improved
  • 'Harlan Needs a Resupply' has received improvements to the event

NPCs

• Garran Vimes now offers gossip to players hinting at a quest location
  • Spirit of Kirith now has a shorter spawn duration (no more ghostly lines)
  • The Tarantulas in Redridge Mountains now have a more zone and level appropriate health pool
  • The swimming Theramore Deserter has relocated himself and his cauldron onto dry land. Having a cooking fire in the ocean is not very productive, as it turns out
  • Adjusted the damage and school resistances for Devilsaur monsters
  • Reduced the damage on Engineer Whirleygig, his dagger was too sharp

Items

• Diamond Flask will now stack with other strength buffs
  • Mighty Rage Potion will now stack with other strength buffs
  • The Jom Gabbar trinket no longer triggers an excessively long cooldown on other similar trinkets
  • Crystal Charge is now usable on all mob types
  • Force Reactive Disk will correctly proc again after the player dies and is resurrected
  • Goblin Jumper Cables can now be used on players that have released their spirit

Misc

• Tabetha's Sign is no longer invisible, it was a bit too spooky even for a witch
  • The API command SpellStopCasting() will now correctly interrupt next-swing melee abilities

41 minutes ago, thepparker said:

Pets can no longer be instantly dismissed using script functions

As a Hunter I'm pretty sad this script is no longer possible to use. I admit it is somewhat stupid for PvP being able to have double beastial wrath and intimidation, or being able to dodge hibernates/polymorphs/fears with being able to instantly dismiss your pets. However I don't think it's broken nor stupid to being able to save ZG buff/Ony buff/Warchiefs Blessing for PvE purposes, I and many other hunters would no doubt greatly appreciate if those 3 buffs were able to be saved by dismissing your pet.

Also paying my respects to all the raids that will inevitably wipe from a hunter not dismissing his pet doing the jump in Molten Core this week because his macro doesn't work.

"The Jom Gabbar trinket no longer triggers an excessively long cooldown on other similar trinkets"

Just used it on Anathema and it put other trinkets (like Earthstrike) on a 2 min cooldown.

Works after clearing WDB!

11 minutes ago, Aziz said:

As a Hunter I'm pretty sad this script is no longer possible to use. I admit it is somewhat stupid for PvP being able to have double beastial wrath and intimidation, or being able to dodge hibernates/polymorphs/fears with being able to instantly dismiss your pets. However I don't think it's broken nor stupid to being able to save ZG buff/Ony buff/Warchiefs Blessing for PvE purposes, I and many other hunters would no doubt greatly appreciate if those 3 buffs were able to be saved by dismissing your pet.

Also paying my respects to all the raids that will inevitably wipe from a hunter not dismissing his pet doing the jump in Molten Core this week because his macro doesn't work.

the keyword is "instantly"

8 minutes ago, Aziz said:

However I don't think it's broken nor stupid to being able to save ZG buff/Ony buff/Warchiefs Blessing for PvE purposes, I and many other hunters would no doubt greatly appreciate if those 3 buffs were able to be saved by dismissing your pet.

It's neither broken nor stupid, the fact that hunter pets don't retain their buffs is a bug in the first place. They should not lose all the buffs upon entering an instance, flying etc. See here: https://github.com/elysium-project/server/issues/470

Let's hope they fix it soon ;)

Undead racial locks their action bar when they use it while mind controlled. It continues to be locked until they're CC again or killed 

46 minutes ago, flowqz said:

the keyword is "instantly"

I mean it's pretty ridiculous that all buffs and debuffs are cleared if it's dismissed normally, it essentially makes the "imp. mend pet" talent useless for example but nobody cares since it doesn't affect other classes.

this script acted as a temporary solution to that issue although it brought some other improvements to the class. It's not like the class PvP balance changed particularly with this script.

Hello, I personally didn't know about that pet dismiss instant macro back in the days, but when I started playing again in private servers I found it casually by trying to make an "all-in-one" macro for things like call, feed, dismiss, resurrect in one button.

The thing is that I can't prove that it was doable in retail, but I've been using it in every single private server with completely different cores. This script was working on Elysium the same way it was working on Feenix, Retro-Wow, Kronos, Nostalrius and probably all the other vanilla private servers that have different core and scripting, thats why I can assume that it worked on retail aswell.

I understand that instant dismiss pet got disabled, since it was super exploitable, but most of the hardcore players were using it wisely, ONLY in PVE and ONLY to preserve world buffs, since it was the only way to do it. If pet cannot keep buffs, that means that hunter has to ask the entire raid group to rebuff every time the pet gets dismissed, also to blow up jujus and / or scrolls every dismiss. That also means a huge loss of time, consumables, gold, and also also pissing off all the paladins, druids, priests, even warriors by asking for a rebuff every single time.

In summary, if pets cannot keep buffs at all, while hunters depend A LOT on their pets to deal damage, this change will make hunter class underperform even more than before this changes, since  the hunter class has by default less DPS tools than the other DPS classes.

If I had to vote for something, I'd vote for having the 5 second cast dismiss pet, but keeping the buffs/debuffs as back in the days, also when pet auto dismisses because it's too far away from the hunter, should keep the buffs/debuffs (as far as I can recall).

Cadet - Night Elf Hunter - <Progress> - Elysium

1 hour ago, Aziz said:

It's not like the class PvP balance changed particularly with this script.

well fighting a mage surely becomes more challenging now that they can actually nova or sheep a hunters pet

29 minutes ago, cadet said:

Hello, I personally didn't know about that pet dismiss instant macro back in the days, but when I started playing again in private servers I found it casually by trying to make an "all-in-one" macro for things like call, feed, dismiss, resurrect in one button.

The thing is that I can't prove that it was doable in retail, but I've been using it in every single private server with completely different cores. This script was working on Elysium the same way it was working on Feenix, Retro-Wow, Kronos, Nostalrius and probably all the other vanilla private servers that have different core and scripting, thats why I can assume that it worked on retail aswell.

I understand that instant dismiss pet got disabled, since it was super exploitable, but most of the hardcore players were using it wisely, ONLY in PVE and ONLY to preserve world buffs, since it was the only way to do it. If pet cannot keep buffs, that means that hunter has to ask the entire raid group to rebuff every time the pet gets dismissed, also to blow up jujus and / or scrolls every dismiss. That also means a huge loss of time, consumables, gold, and also also pissing off all the paladins, druids, priests, even warriors by asking for a rebuff every single time.

In summary, if pets cannot keep buffs at all, while hunters depend A LOT on their pets to deal damage, this change will make hunter class underperform even more than before this changes, since  the hunter class has by default less DPS tools than the other DPS classes.

If I had to vote for something, I'd vote for having the 5 second cast dismiss pet, but keeping the buffs/debuffs as back in the days, also when pet auto dismisses because it's too far away from the hunter, should keep the buffs/debuffs (as far as I can recall).

Completely agree, and to the people who thinks its just hunters being whiny just look at our dps even before this fix, the instant dismiss made us atleast viable on raids(still mid to bottom on dps meter) but atleast our pets could be saved in many scenarios. I'm also fairly certain that while not many knew about it, this macro was working on retail aswell, and yes theres some scummy people who abuse the heck out of it in PvP. Looking at it from a PvE point of view, correct use of this dismiss macro really sort of "balanced" the hunter dps and made it fun to micromanage your pet, without it theres a ton of fights where you cant even use your pet, or where it will 100% die. 

If you don't want us to have instant dismiss, for the love of god fix the removing of buffs on dismiss pet.

Thanks <3

and yes i made a forum account just for this, again call me whiny, but while it may not look it, this is a classbreaking issue :)

Thanks for shitting on hunters. Want me to pay for a professional to script pets keeping their buffs after being dismissed? Since you guys clearly cant do it.

Can we get any feedback if you will fix the actual spell called "Dismiss Pet" so that hunter pets keep the buffs?
I think alot of people, including me, consider if its worth putting in more time to our hunters. It really is a big issue that we cannot have buffs on our pets.

1 hour ago, cadet said:

it was doable up to 2.1 TBC patch where blizzard caught wind of it and fixed the loophole. so essentially elysium closed the loophole blizzard took a longer time to do themselves.

http://www.ownedcore.com/forums/world-of-warcraft/world-of-warcraft-exploits/9172-insta-dismiss-pet-hunter.html

2 minutes ago, Imbaslap said:

it was doable up to 2.1 TBC patch where blizzard caught wind of it and fixed the loophole. so essentially elysium closed the loophole blizzard took a longer time to do themselves.

http://www.ownedcore.com/forums/world-of-warcraft/world-of-warcraft-exploits/9172-insta-dismiss-pet-hunter.html

However we are playing on a vanilla server,  not on a TBC server.