Sign in to follow this  
thepparker

Development Update 30.08.2017

Not sure what Blizzard's intention was with Hunter pets and the effects of dismissing them but it should be the same as warlocks.  If you get rid of your pet it should lose all buffs.  Insta dismiss was lame as hell. 

6 hours ago, Aziz said:

As a Hunter I'm pretty sad this script is no longer possible to use. I admit it is somewhat stupid for PvP being able to have double beastial wrath and intimidation, or being able to dodge hibernates/polymorphs/fears with being able to instantly dismiss your pets. However I don't think it's broken nor stupid to being able to save ZG buff/Ony buff/Warchiefs Blessing for PvE purposes, I and many other hunters would no doubt greatly appreciate if those 3 buffs were able to be saved by dismissing your pet.

Also paying my respects to all the raids that will inevitably wipe from a hunter not dismissing his pet doing the jump in Molten Core this week because his macro doesn't work.

Or you know, you could play the game correctly and cast Dismiss pet and stop being a spoiled exploiter.

Sorry hunters - but your DPS was pretty bad in vanilla, much like Boomkins, Feral druids, Shadow Priests, Enh Shamans, Ret Paladins. You bring utility (Tranq shot) and you buff your group but you wont do as much damage as the core DPS classes. Its tough because in many ways it would have been nice if the classes were balanced more but it is what it is. Dont roll a hunter if you want to do amazing damage. Roll a Rogue/DPS warrior/Warlock or mage.

If your pets should keep buffs, this isnt the place to complain about it. Make sure its correctly documented on the git-hub with as much relevant evidence as possible and then find an open source dev to fix it for you.

Love seeing the weekly Patch notes! Keep it up Elysium!

Would be nice if the "fixes" like the hunter dismiss were coupled with actual patch appropriate fixes like the pets retaining their buffs. Its really going to grate when you leave one thing broken but "fix" the thing that hurts.

Well this is place to say that they haven not fix the bug about hunters pets lose there buff then summon or cast Dismiss pet.So now hunter dps is less that it was on retail since the script work there and on other servers.You fixes pvp but broke pve part of the problem with dismiss pet

3 hours ago, reagan said:

Sorry hunters - but your DPS was pretty bad in vanilla, much like Boomkins, Feral druids, Shadow Priests, Enh Shamans, Ret Paladins. You bring utility (Tranq shot) and you buff your group but you wont do as much damage as the core DPS classes. Its tough because in many ways it would have been nice if the classes were balanced more but it is what it is. Dont roll a hunter if you want to do amazing damage. Roll a Rogue/DPS warrior/Warlock or mage.

If your pets should keep buffs, this isnt the place to complain about it. Make sure its correctly documented on the git-hub with as much relevant evidence as possible and then find an open source dev to fix it for you.

Love seeing the weekly Patch notes! Keep it up Elysium!

Check the hunters that minmax their damage and can actually play the game.

If you are in a guild with a likeminded mindset as your own, i would guarentee that these x-amount of hunters would be #1 in your raid.

Got a question regarding the gaining rested XP while inside cities and inn's. Will this be just that 1% rested XP or are we able to earn more and more rested XP the more we are there, similar to the amount of rested XP you get while logged off in cities or inn's?

Sorry haven't played vanilla before so I wouldn't know!

i was playing with my brother the other day and we kept dying trying to kill that god damn goblin and i was yelling that his damage was too much...i'm so happy i was right. 

10 hours ago, Sanders said:

Check the hunters that minmax their damage and can actually play the game.

If you are in a guild with a likeminded mindset as your own, i would guarentee that these x-amount of hunters would be #1 in your raid.

hunters scale pretty shitty. them beeing good or decent in bwl doesnt prove much in later content. you just bring 2 for tranq.

how to keep buffs on pets across continents:

get pet buffed -> mount up -> relog -> get summoned to buff #2 -> dismount -> pet is buffed and ready for a new one

Pets can no longer be instantly dismissed using script functions

Lets sum this up.

Someone uses the script in a bg where it has literally no impact on the situation ->  you outlaw the script.

Then you break the script.

But in the end, you never actually fix pet pathing (which causes plethora of pet deaths that are unavoidable at times without that damn script) or fix dismiss pet to not remove all pet buffs... I really would love to know your way of thinking on this one... Cause its borderline retarded.

On 02/09/2017 at 1:03 PM, Dexiefy said:

Someone uses the script in a bg where it has literally no impact on the situation

you are the retard here

On 02/09/2017 at 7:03 PM, Dexiefy said:

Lets sum this up.

Someone uses the script in a bg where it has literally no impact on the situation ->  you outlaw the script.

Then you break the script.

But in the end, you never actually fix pet pathing (which causes plethora of pet deaths that are unavoidable at times without that damn script) or fix dismiss pet to not remove all pet buffs... I really would love to know your way of thinking on this one... Cause its borderline retarded.

Literally everything you claimed is wrong:

1. Instant dismissal of pets in BGs is a major exploit that allows your pet to escape CC and death, then brought back without any debuffs.

2. Pet pathing is 99% working. If there are specific locations where it is wonky, please report them in detail on our bug tracker.

3. Dismiss pet removing all pet buffs is Blizzlike behaviour for certain time period of vanilla. Blizzard themselves adjusted how the spell worked multiple times.

4. Calling us borderline retarded is not helping your cause at all.

On 30.8.2017 at 8:12 PM, Cipherr said:

Would be nice if the "fixes" like the hunter dismiss were coupled with actual patch appropriate fixes like the pets retaining their buffs. Its really going to grate when you leave one thing broken but "fix" the thing that hurts.

"Progression" does not apply to classes. Some things are impossible for us to do due to client-side limitations and thus, in the case of classes, their gameplay will stay at 1.12.

Best regards!