Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Recommended Posts

Im new to the server and cant find any information, but I just wanted to know if its going to be worth time to play here. I dont wanna get to 60 then just run around being bored. I wanna know if there is a solid population on this server. Are there active raid guilds that do progression raiding? Is there world PvP?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can check the population here: http://vanillaradar.com/elysium-stats/

I'm not 60 yet, but I am quite close (51) and I would say the population is healthy atm if you compare it to official vanilla servers. 3000 players in peak times in fine with me.

PvP is currently going through some problems, from what I understood, there are too much horde pvpers and not enough alliance one, resulting in horde having to face premades constantly. GMs should discuss it very soon and hopefully find a solution.

Pve should be really fine since there are a lot of active semi hardcore guilds, if you speak english I guarantee you won't have problems finding one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Right now there's usually anywhere between 2500-3000 players during peak times (fri/sat/sun ~17-22 ST). There are numerous progression guilds on both horde and alliance, so you should be able to find a guild that suits your playstyle without any problems. World PvP is always the thing, although now that battlegrounds are out it is much safer out there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

seems like it doesnt even reach 3k players anymore, and when i think there was like 4-4.5k people online every evening .....friday night barelly reached 2k ppl, kinda dying it seems.

many players left the server with 1.4, the mount issue and no bg implemented, but system honor released...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm often seeing peak only reaching 1500-2000 and non peak 700-1000, hope people are not quiting and waiting for LH fresh start in june

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ppl allready left for Kronos 3, its not a coincidence that sever lost 1k+ ppl right when K3 launched....and probably more will leave for LH2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are always those people who want the newest and shiny thing.  My guild moved to K3 because it was the newest.  They didn't care how trivial it was to keep moving from one server to the next.  They could only see what was right in front of them instead of having a bit of foresight.  And when LH2 comes out those same people will move to LH2.  And when retail classic comes out those people will move to classic.  This, to me, seems utterly meaningless.

I couldn't be happier with this sever, personally, and I'm not going anywhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, IceKnight366 said:

There are always those people who want the newest and shiny thing.  My guild moved to K3 because it was the newest.  They didn't care how trivial it was to keep moving from one server to the next.  They could only see what was right in front of them instead of having a bit of foresight.  And when LH2 comes out those same people will move to LH2.  And when retail classic comes out those people will move to classic.  This, to me, seems utterly meaningless.

I couldn't be happier with this sever, personally, and I'm not going anywhere.

maybe the hype for new server, maybe the pvp problems, the mount mistake, or even issues like this:

https://forum.elysium-project.org/topic/64119-azuregos-despawned-because-of-server-issues/

or maybe all combined, who knows? the fact is real, server dying slowly...

Edited by kretzoo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/26/2018 at 2:07 AM, kretzoo said:

maybe the hype for new server, maybe the pvp problems, the mount mistake, or even issues like this:

or maybe all combined, who knows? the fact is real, server dying slowly...

What PvP problems?  Premades and killing in wpvp?  lol, so basically the same as it's always been and will be for every server?

Losing people to K3 should have been expected. Just as K3 should expect to lose after LH, and LH after retail, etc....  Does that mean the server is dying/dead?  Hardly.  If there are gold sellers the server ain't dead, otherwise they wouldn't waste their time.  The people saying the server is dying also happen to be the one's who come up with a long list of reasons for why they're leaving.  We've all had experiences of people who do that as a means to try and act like their reasons for complaining are highly justified.  Such people aren't to be taken seriously.  I'm sure these haters and nay-sayers can give you a list of 200 reasons why they left, and probably another 200 once they leave K3, LH, ad infinitum.  Any problems you, or anyone else, list either don't exist or don't effect 98% of the player base.

The one exception I would grant you is the mount issue.  But even that is blow out of proportion.  If you were paying attention even a little bit you knew it was coming.  I'm not well-connected by any standard, and yet I knew this was coming 2 weeks in advance.  Unfortunately I was in Europe during the time and missed it by a few days.  And everyone who was playing during that time already has the mounts at this point anyway.  Did it suck to miss it?  Yes, bad.  Reason to leave?  lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Elysium is a very busy server any time during the day and night. And because of betrayals at other private servers related to an intention that those 'other' private servers will shut down post-WoW Classic's launch, I see more and more online WoW players coming here to Elysium instead, I hope Elysium decides to continue after WoW Classic has launched, if WoW Classic is not actually the vaporware WoW Classic appears to be at the moment.

Edited by Booksie
Typo!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for putting in some input guys. Is there like a world chat I can join? I dont seem to see many people talking in channels at all it seems. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/23/2018 at 7:18 AM, kretzoo said:

seems like it doesnt even reach 3k players anymore, and when i think there was like 4-4.5k people online every evening .....friday night barelly reached 2k ppl, kinda dying it seems.

many players left the server with 1.4, the mount issue and no bg implemented, but system honor released...

Simply because you aren't online during our peak, doesn't mean the server doesn't reach a peak. Check the website provided that has population statistics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's another problem: people leave for other places which have PvE servers because they get tired of the constant ganking during leveling by much higher level players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/10/2018 at 1:14 AM, Wildcopper said:

There's another problem: people leave for other places which have PvE servers because they get tired of the constant ganking during leveling by much higher level players.

Not too sure about that, If you look at the population on Light's Hope's servers and Kronos, their pve servers are dead with a couple hundred players left, where the largest populations of average 3k-5k during peak hours is all their pvp servers or fresh pvp servers.

I'm just hoping Nighthaven stays alive with at least 1500-2k during peak I think that would be fine, hope it does not sink when Light hopes new fresh server comes out. Gets old re rolling to new fresh start server over and over again lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/05/2018 at 3:47 AM, Rain said:

Simply because you aren't online during our peak, doesn't mean the server doesn't reach a peak. Check the website provided that has population statistics.

my playtime is usually between 18:00-23:00 server time, i find hard to belive that isnt the peak time. or i used to be...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, drizzy said:

Yeah server is pretty much a dead man walking.  For a server only 6 months old to have a sub 2k peak is bad news bears for its longevity.  The fresh server opening at LH next month isn't going to help matters.

I never understood this line of thinking... 2k peaks are more than enough for a healthy population of a server. That's like medium-to-high pop for a Blizz server nowadays, and private servers even with less than 1k can do just fine. But ever since Nost came around the private server scene a few years ago, unless something is 5k+, then it's a "dead" server.

But don't worry, I found the perfect solution - a new Elysium fresh server release just 2 weeks after the LH fresh server. They won't know what hit 'em!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DarknessCalls said:

But don't worry, I found the perfect solution - a new Elysium fresh server release just 2 weeks after the LH fresh server. They won't know what hit 'em!

A pve server I hope.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×